Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2020, 10:51 (Ref:3998635)   #1826
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Find it a bit odd that we're complaining about specific grammar stuff with Crofty, meanwhile Murray Walker was amazing for his Murryisms.

It's fine not to like Crofty, of course. But the reasons seem...odd. Because James Allen was usually spot on with his wording, but also a horrendous commentator.
Those Murrayisms arose from the heat of the moment, so maybe Croft's grammatical error also arose from the heat of the moment, which is why he said "more hotter"?
Old 29 Aug 2020, 12:16 (Ref:3998653)   #1827
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Less cool.
Down here we might say it's a bit 'Betty Swollocks'.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 15:04 (Ref:3998719)   #1828
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Crofty this morning during free practice said 'more hotter' the man is a moron only surpassed by Alastair Eykyn on BT Sport rugby.
Like something from a D.I. Mark Blundell race report.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 12:23 (Ref:4000400)   #1829
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did Sky sports really just equate Hamilton's dog dying with the killing of Breonna Taylor?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 12:25 (Ref:4000401)   #1830
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Did Sky sports really just equate Hamilton's dog dying with the killing of Breonna Taylor?
Sort of seemed that way.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 12:54 (Ref:4000409)   #1831
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't see it that way at all. They were simply listing events which have been influential on Hamilton's life over the course of 2020, some of which were close and personal, others distant (but still personal, just in a different way).
Old 6 Sep 2020, 18:50 (Ref:4000582)   #1832
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I didn't see it that way at all. They were simply listing events which have been influential on Hamilton's life over the course of 2020, some of which were close and personal, others distant (but still personal, just in a different way).
If they are personal, they probably aren't really appropriate for the coverage of a programme about a GP?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 19:46 (Ref:4000597)   #1833
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They are personal to him, but they are public because he has spoken about them.

I think this is all a nothing thing really - nither sky nor Hamilton are saying any of the things are more or less important than any of the others.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 03:52 (Ref:4000664)   #1834
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
They are personal to him, but they are public because he has spoken about them.

I think this is all a nothing thing really - nither sky nor Hamilton are saying any of the things are more or less important than any of the others.
I understood the context, and understand they didn't mean to cause offence, I just think the commentary (it wasn't Hamilton) was very poorly worded. Lazy writing.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 08:16 (Ref:4000696)   #1835
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
There is a general decline in the standard of English, with people actually writing could of or would of, instead of could've or would've.
Interesting - could've or would've being short for could have or would have - amazing how people end up with "of" instead.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 10:30 (Ref:4000725)   #1836
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Interesting - could've or would've being short for could have or would have - amazing how people end up with "of" instead.
I suppose some people must hear could've as could of, without taking into account that 've is the contraction of have.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 13:30 (Ref:4006799)   #1837
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thought Karun did very well this weekend.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:09 (Ref:4006847)   #1838
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Yes.

Remember when beeb had Martin and DC as a combo. Not that the roles need to be well defined, but perhaps sky could have Brundle and Chandhok as the regular team?
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:06 (Ref:4006893)   #1839
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would be up for that. Maybe even rotate them regularly.

Obviously Crofty would not be in this lineup at any point. We need to, err, cut costs mate.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:38 (Ref:4006937)   #1840
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I’m up for that. Keeps things fresh.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 19:00 (Ref:4006947)   #1841
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just seen DC in the superman kit, sky can just not compete with that
Old 28 Sep 2020, 07:52 (Ref:4007082)   #1842
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
He did very well at pulling Croft up at every opportunity! Something that needs to happen! He knows his stuff does Karun but think he's little bit on the pushy side to be in the comm box f/t. I suspect that is what he is after though!
Old 28 Sep 2020, 09:01 (Ref:4007096)   #1843
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He has so much knowledge and enthusiasm for the sport. That's why we all love Karunpedia
Old 28 Sep 2020, 09:01 (Ref:4007097)   #1844
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
My eyes are still bleeding. Fair play to the team and of course CH and Red Bull for joining in the fun.
Old 28 Sep 2020, 10:35 (Ref:4007135)   #1845
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Coulthard provided a lot of laughs during the coverage last night, his scathing critique(s) of the stewards made me chuckle!
Old 28 Sep 2020, 11:21 (Ref:4007154)   #1846
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I did enjoy DC not mincing as his words, as well as that Superman bit at the end. Webber was on top form too
Old 28 Sep 2020, 15:43 (Ref:4007208)   #1847
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Coulthard provided a lot of laughs during the coverage last night, his scathing critique(s) of the stewards made me chuckle!
Yes neither him or Mark were very complementary about the stewards but to be honest the stewards did get over ruled in the end in respect of lewis and his points.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 03:42 (Ref:4007301)   #1848
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes.

Remember when beeb had Martin and DC as a combo. Not that the roles need to be well defined, but perhaps sky could have Brundle and Chandhok as the regular team?
I think having Martin & Karun would be a massive step forward & a really good commentary team. Crofty definitely has the enthusiasm but the shrieking really is too, too much and the constant mis-reading of on-track activities is a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

Obviously Crofty would not be in this lineup at any point. We need to, err, cut costs mate.
Yep - great idea, this is sounding better and better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
He did very well at pulling Croft up at every opportunity! Something that needs to happen! He knows his stuff does Karun but think he's little bit on the pushy side to be in the comm box f/t. I suspect that is what he is after though!
To me, Martin / Karun would feed off each other really well - agree that Karun was a little pushy in Russia but then he's not doing the commentary all the time, has plenty to say and well, needed to push into some of the incorrect info being shrieked at us by Crofty. He and Martin would settle in well together I suspect.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 06:06 (Ref:4007309)   #1849
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes neither him or Mark were very complementary about the stewards but to be honest the stewards did get over ruled in the end in respect of lewis and his points.
The Stewards weren't overruled - they reviewed and revised their earlier decisions based on new information received from the team.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 06:27 (Ref:4007311)   #1850
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
The Stewards weren't overruled - they reviewed and revised their earlier decisions based on new information received from the team.
You actually believe the press release?

Tags
pinks