Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Sep 2020, 17:46 (Ref:4001899)   #1801
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well under new owners for quali the williams did not perform any better, to be honest they seem to have lost a bit of spirit
Old 12 Sep 2020, 17:53 (Ref:4001904)   #1802
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well under new owners for quali the williams did not perform any better, to be honest they seem to have lost a bit of spirit
I wouldn't expect things to turn round immediately and if they have lost a bit of spirit, that's not really surprising.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 10:04 (Ref:4002100)   #1803
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree, give it time. Next season the money should be able to make a difference
Old 13 Sep 2020, 11:40 (Ref:4002111)   #1804
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I wouldn't expect things to turn round immediately and if they have lost a bit of spirit, that's not really surprising.
What possible difference could be implemented in one week ?......Just be happy change is coming
Old 13 Sep 2020, 11:50 (Ref:4002112)   #1805
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
What possible difference could be implemented in one week ?......Just be happy change is coming
Indeed.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 19:21 (Ref:4002262)   #1806
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
what happened to russell on the last restart 8th to last, and bang goes the first points for williams
Old 14 Sep 2020, 07:14 (Ref:4002366)   #1807
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
what happened to russell on the last restart 8th to last, and bang goes the first points for williams
Too much wheelspin on the final restart.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 07:46 (Ref:4002370)   #1808
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Actually Russell should have by rights have got a point, but for this silly SC free pass rule, which meant Raikkonen got back a lap. Just shows the folly of the rule
Old 14 Sep 2020, 13:13 (Ref:4002445)   #1809
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Too much wheelspin on the final restart.
So his mistake then
Old 14 Sep 2020, 14:41 (Ref:4002457)   #1810
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Actually Russell should have by rights have got a point, but for this silly SC free pass rule, which meant Raikkonen got back a lap. Just shows the folly of the rule
i have to say i was confused by this and also the moving of the backmarkers around in the pit lane prior to the formation lap being made.

i'll admit to not knowing what the rule or procedure is. is this normal practice?
Old 14 Sep 2020, 14:51 (Ref:4002459)   #1811
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i have to say i was confused by this and also the moving of the backmarkers around in the pit lane prior to the formation lap being made.

i'll admit to not knowing what the rule or procedure is. is this normal practice?
It is normal - as long as the clerk of the course thinks it is safe to do so.
Old 17 Dec 2020, 12:05 (Ref:4023414)   #1812
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos Capito to run Williams? Sounds like good news as long as he brings his broom
Old 18 Dec 2020, 08:05 (Ref:4023556)   #1813
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Predicted by me on 4th September...!!

Some thoughts...

Looks to me like Williams has been bought by someone who clearly wanted to save the team, preseve the name and by some opinions, the price paid is quite high bearing in mind the uncertain return. This is someone with an F1 passion and knowledge of the history of F1 who has bought Williams IMO.

The ruthless buyers would only have had to waited 12-18 months and (IMO) allegedly Williams would have burnt through Latifi's loan and be out of cash and possibly into administration which results in a fire sale. Hence the speed with which the sale was concluded.

As for the new TP - I am going to out on a limb and suggest Jost Capito (currently at VW), he was at McLaren very briefly and for whatever reason it didn't work out, perhaps he has unfinished business in F1?
Old 18 Dec 2020, 08:12 (Ref:4023558)   #1814
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Great prediction, well done!
Old 18 Dec 2020, 08:58 (Ref:4023565)   #1815
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Jos Capito to run Williams? Sounds like good news as long as he brings his broom
Who do you reckon on being swept away first?
Old 18 Dec 2020, 09:09 (Ref:4023569)   #1816
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Predicted by me on 4th September...!!

Some thoughts...

Looks to me like Williams has been bought by someone who clearly wanted to save the team, preseve the name and by some opinions, the price paid is quite high bearing in mind the uncertain return. This is someone with an F1 passion and knowledge of the history of F1 who has bought Williams IMO.

The ruthless buyers would only have had to waited 12-18 months and (IMO) allegedly Williams would have burnt through Latifi's loan and be out of cash and possibly into administration which results in a fire sale. Hence the speed with which the sale was concluded.

As for the new TP - I am going to out on a limb and suggest Jost Capito (currently at VW), he was at McLaren very briefly and for whatever reason it didn't work out, perhaps he has unfinished business in F1?
He was let go ( with a massive settlement) because he was a Ron Dennis appointee. Vw had him back in a flash
Old 18 Dec 2020, 09:09 (Ref:4023570)   #1817
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's worth mentioning that Sir Frank has recently been hospitalized. No details but personally I wish him well.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 11:16 (Ref:4023597)   #1818
S griffin
Veteran

Indeed. Best wishes to Sir Frank and his family
Old 6 Jan 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4027177)   #1819
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The plan is to be the White Mercedes, alongside the Pink Mercedes it seems:

'British team will use Mercedes-AMG gearboxes and hydraulics from 2022, along with Aston Martin'

'from 2022, the British team will join Aston Martin F1 - formerly Racing Point - in not only relying on Mercedes equipment for its car’s power but transmitting it to the track as well.'
Old 6 Jan 2021, 14:42 (Ref:4027180)   #1820
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Reasonable to the point where i wish they were able to start this season with it.

Also another sign that Merc's medium to long term plans have them invovled with F1 for the foreseeable future?
Old 6 Jan 2021, 15:46 (Ref:4027193)   #1821
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw this earlier and meant to post a comment here. I think this is a good thing and something they should have done a long time ago.

Richard
Old 6 Jan 2021, 17:30 (Ref:4027223)   #1822
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The plan is to be the White Mercedes, alongside the Pink Mercedes it seems:

'British team will use Mercedes-AMG gearboxes and hydraulics from 2022, along with Aston Martin'

'from 2022, the British team will join Aston Martin F1 - formerly Racing Point - in not only relying on Mercedes equipment for its car’s power but transmitting it to the track as well.'
I wonder if this has anything to George Russell's feedback to Team Willy after racing the Mercedes? Apparently he did suggest some modifications to the clutch paddles behind the steering wheel as he was able to make a much better start than he ever has done in the Williams...
Old 6 Jan 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4027246)   #1823
S griffin
Veteran

I am sure George Russell’s feedback to his engineers will be even better now that he knows what is like to be in the best car on the grid and knows how a car should behave
Old 6 Jan 2021, 19:44 (Ref:4027270)   #1824
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I wonder if this has anything to George Russell's feedback to Team Willy after racing the Mercedes? Apparently he did suggest some modifications to the clutch paddles behind the steering wheel as he was able to make a much better start than he ever has done in the Williams...
Probably got more to do with the new owners / management asking why they spend €illions to make an inferior non intergrated unit when they can just buy one the IS intergarated to the power unit. Some common sense prevailing at last!!!
Old 6 Jan 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4027273)   #1825
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
It's the change of management and thus team's entire philosophy. The Williams family was hell bent on preserving what remained of an old school F1 constructor. Now that MO will be sacrificed to more easily achieve shorter term success, and along with that philosophy some of the team's expertise and skills will be lost too. This trend has wiped out most of motor sport constructors by now and is catching up with F1 too. It's just that Williams were stubborn in trying to go the path they couldn't really afford anymore.