Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 12 Sep 2020, 02:52 (Ref:4001798)   #126
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has anyone received special dispensation since they introduced the points thing?

I’m up for it mind.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 03:00 (Ref:4001799)   #127
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Has anyone received special dispensation since they introduced the points thing?

I’m up for it mind.
Just complete sekf serving rubbish from the FIA.

Kubica?
Old 12 Sep 2020, 03:34 (Ref:4001801)   #128
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think there was a rule that if you raced in F1 before you didn’t need the points.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 04:42 (Ref:4001804)   #129
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Found this table for super licence points:

https://www.letstalkmotorsport.com/fia-super-license/
Old 12 Sep 2020, 11:42 (Ref:4001855)   #130
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
AFAIK Tsunoda has 21 points (some sources say 23): 7 for 2017, 12 for 2018 and 2 (or 4) for 2019.
The 7 will expire, so that leaves him with 14 or 16 at the end of 2020. He would need to finish in the top4 in the F2 championship to get at least 40.

He is currently 4th so not impossible at all.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 20:48 (Ref:4002294)   #131
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Albon yet again using too much outside overtaking. I mean he got his first podium from it, but let's hope he learns from this and settles for fifth next time.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 22:12 (Ref:4002316)   #132
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Albon yet again using too much outside overtaking. I mean he got his first podium from it, but let's hope he learns from this and settles for fifth next time.
Haha, nice one..

Terrible driving today. Who does he think he is pulling those ridic moves on people like Ricciardo?

Alex needs to be reminded overtaking isn't easy.

😉
Old 13 Sep 2020, 23:39 (Ref:4002332)   #133
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Haha, nice one..

Terrible driving today. Who does he think he is pulling those ridic moves on people like Ricciardo?

Alex needs to be reminded overtaking isn't easy.

😉
He looked good today. But someone does need to tell him that Ricciardo out brakes you. You don't out brake him!

Richard
Old 14 Sep 2020, 03:08 (Ref:4002355)   #134
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Touche, not every track has a San Donato though.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 07:48 (Ref:4002374)   #135
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So glad Albon has got the monkey off his back with his first podium. He looked on it all weekend
Old 14 Sep 2020, 09:27 (Ref:4002407)   #136
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was certainly pleased for him. He's young and inexperienced but in the races he does show tremendous racing spirit and scant regard for the 'reputations' of others. Which is pretty good in my book. But, he needs to do the same in a few consecutive races before he can be confident of keeping the seat.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 09:44 (Ref:4002412)   #137
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Touche, not every track has a San Donato though.

It is a great corner
Old 14 Sep 2020, 11:26 (Ref:4002426)   #138
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I was certainly pleased for him. He's young and inexperienced but in the races he does show tremendous racing spirit and scant regard for the 'reputations' of others. Which is pretty good in my book. But, he needs to do the same in a few consecutive races before he can be confident of keeping the seat.
Yes, I think he needs to string it together a bit more before we hear anything about 2021. It was curious that he thanked the team on the radio on the slow down lap for sticking with him. I don't know he was referring to next year or even this year. Or perhaps he simply meant for continuing to support him and help him with a view to continuing next year.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 09:26 (Ref:4002554)   #139
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Nasty Horner on nice Albon?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...it-from-podium
Old 15 Sep 2020, 16:23 (Ref:4002626)   #140
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I the only one underwhelmed by his Mugello drive? Yes, he scored a podium, but the results show he started 4th and finished 3rd, with the driver starting 3rd retiring! Every standing start saw him drop into the pack, and given the quality of his car surely it shouldn't have been such a task for him to fight back. Whilst he finally overcame his struggles and got the podium the car deserved, I think he has Lance Stroll's failing tyre a lot to thank for...
Old 15 Sep 2020, 17:39 (Ref:4002644)   #141
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stroll got even more lucky the previous race.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 08:53 (Ref:4002749)   #142
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Am I the only one underwhelmed by his Mugello drive? Yes, he scored a podium, but the results show he started 4th and finished 3rd, with the driver starting 3rd retiring! Every standing start saw him drop into the pack, and given the quality of his car surely it shouldn't have been such a task for him to fight back. Whilst he finally overcame his struggles and got the podium the car deserved, I think he has Lance Stroll's failing tyre a lot to thank for...
Stroll has a tendancy to drop back at the end of the race, Albon has a habit of making up places, so no I think even without Stroll he could/would have been 3rd.

I am also not convinced the car deserved this podium, but I'm quite sure Albon deserved one.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 23:18 (Ref:4002896)   #143
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Albon was putting huge pressure on Stroll at the time of the crash. I reckon he would have had him and if his RB's tyres survived maybe he cod have got Ricciardo too.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 23:21 (Ref:4002898)   #144
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It would have been interesting either way. Not sure if he would have got past, that Racing Point is fast and Stroll is doing well this year
Old 26 Sep 2020, 18:07 (Ref:4006463)   #145
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well after the russian quali session if he fails to do better in the race his position must be looking decidedly vulnerable.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 10:16 (Ref:4006682)   #146
S griffin
Veteran

And now it looks like he will get a five place penalty on top of that. Let’s hope that round the outside move he does comes in handy
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:59 (Ref:4006785)   #147
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting passed by Gasly must have been gut wrenching. Not good for his future.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 27 Sep 2020, 13:09 (Ref:4006788)   #148
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah not a fantastic day. Made a meal of getting past Norris and that opened him up to the Gasly humiliation. A big dip after the high of Mugello.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 15:33 (Ref:4006841)   #149
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet again Verstappen continues his record of scoring a podium in every race he finishes this season, a record stretching back to Mexico 2019. Albon, meanwhile, barely scrapes a point, with only 4 top 5s and one podium in a surefire top 4 car despite only one DNF (the one race in which he looked like a contender). Despite fresher tyres and a faster car it took until Norris' tyres gave up before he passed him, in the meantime Gasly could pit and repass him. At some point his reputation of being able to overtake Haas cars in imaginative places won't be enough.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:19 (Ref:4006852)   #150
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yeah, not a good one. Some nice race craft, some embarrasing race craft and a long long way behind Verstappen.