Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is the driver of the Italian Grand Prix?
Lewis Hamilton 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Max Verstappen 0 0%
Alexander Albon 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 1 2.17%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 10 21.74%
Lando Norris 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Pierre Gasly 32 69.57%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Kimi Räikkönen 1 2.17%
Antonio Giovinazzi 0 0%
Charles Leclerc 1 2.17%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 1 2.17%
George Russell 0 0%
Nicholas Latifi 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Sep 2020, 13:10 (Ref:4000416)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Italian Grand Prix 2020

Who is the driver of the Italian Grand Prix?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:03 (Ref:4000497)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I trust that this will be unanimous.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:03 (Ref:4000498)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
I trust that this will be unanimous.
Kimi?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:04 (Ref:4000499)   #4
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry, but I can't vote. I don't recognize any of the drivers on the podium.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:14 (Ref:4000508)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sainz.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:25 (Ref:4000515)   #6
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My head says Sainz, and my heart says Gasly.

Edit: Can I -1 Bottas?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:46 (Ref:4000524)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gasly or Sainz. I don’t know.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:24 (Ref:4000540)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gasly. And Sainz.

Gasly.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:24 (Ref:4000542)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
For the second time...Gasly - soaked up the pressure and made the most of the breaks in a weird race. Is it a new world order ?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 18:13 (Ref:4000569)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
closebut had to give it to Gasly, feel sorry for Carlos almost got his first win and he must be wondering what the future holds for him at Ferrari
Old 6 Sep 2020, 18:15 (Ref:4000570)   #11
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Gasly.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 19:16 (Ref:4000589)   #12
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It had to be Gasly and a special mention for Kimi as the leader of the Ferrari powered category once again.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 19:21 (Ref:4000591)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
It had to be Gasly and a special mention for Kimi as the leader of the Ferrari powered category once again.

Gasman, looked like a seasoned pro!!

Sainz for a relentless chasedown and almost nabbing it.

Stroll, for not taking Kimi out on lap 1 of the restart!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 20:51 (Ref:4000612)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really wanted Sainz to win as he was so strong all weekend, and it would have been something in his pocket to think about prior to a season of likely abject misery next year, but Gasly deserves it. Great race, lucked in to a degree but drove flawlessly and was a hugely worthy winner. Brilliant stuff.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 21:02 (Ref:4000617)   #15
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I almost want to vote for Hamilton, because of his post penalty run through the field and overtakes!

But, instead I voted for the winner. Top 4 never won a race, so its great for all of them.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 21:55 (Ref:4000627)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I almost want to vote for Hamilton, because of his post penalty run through the field and overtakes!

But, instead I voted for the winner. Top 4 never won a race, so its great for all of them.
Interesting take...

Think you picked the right one in the end!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 21:58 (Ref:4000628)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gasly drove well (as he has most of the season) but he lucked into the race win due to the race director’s incompetence.

It could have been Hamilton for another dominant performance on Saturday and Sunday, up to the point when he got that penalty (not of his making). Then he got his head down and made an excellent recovery drive including grabbing the point for fastest lap.

But my Driver of the GP is Carlos Sainz. Qualified 3rd behind the Mercs. Got to second via a demon start. His second place finish owes nothing to luck because he was well on course to be second behind Hamilton before all the silliness kicked off. Given another lap or two, he would have won. His only mistake I saws was whacking the kerb at Retifilio on the last lap, which possibly prevented him from getting a run on Gasly at the next chicane.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 22:14 (Ref:4000640)   #18
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Sainz....

....I love Pierre and so chuffed he won but Carlos was just up there all race.

Honourable mention to Norris.....sticking it to Bottas on the first lap? Good lad!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 22:16 (Ref:4000641)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Sainz....

....I love Pierre and so chuffed he won but Carlos was just up there all race.

Honourable mention to Norris.....sticking it to Bottas on the first lap? Good lad!
Lando nailed perfectly what many have not been able to at that corner!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 23:10 (Ref:4000645)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Gasly drove well (as he has most of the season) but he lucked into the race win due to the race director’s incompetence.

It could have been Hamilton for another dominant performance on Saturday and Sunday, up to the point when he got that penalty (not of his making). Then he got his head down and made an excellent recovery drive including grabbing the point for fastest lap.

But my Driver of the GP is Carlos Sainz. Qualified 3rd behind the Mercs. Got to second via a demon start. His second place finish owes nothing to luck because he was well on course to be second behind Hamilton before all the silliness kicked off. Given another lap or two, he would have won. His only mistake I saws was whacking the kerb at Retifilio on the last lap, which possibly prevented him from getting a run on Gasly at the next chicane.
I think he might have had more of a chance had he not tried to unsettle Gasly with several dummy moves involving repositioning the car to show him his nose. But it may indeed have made no difference. I also award it to Sainz for sn impressive weekend, particularly since FP3.

Another top job by Gasly, though. Pleased for him.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 05:14 (Ref:4000670)   #21
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wish I could have had a tied vote with Sainz but in the end it had to be Gasly.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 07:55 (Ref:4000683)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm going to give it to Ricciardo. Unusual choice I know, but he once again did a great job, putting the pressure on Bottas at more than one point
Old 7 Sep 2020, 08:01 (Ref:4000688)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, DOTR? I don't see that one, to be honest....
Old 7 Sep 2020, 09:59 (Ref:4000720)   #24
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Gasly for me - yes he had a big dollop of good fortune but he kept Sainz at bay to take the win. It's a great story for F1 as well - redemption.

Sainz was strong all weekend and looked likely to finish 2nd even without all the weirdness, Norris put in a great drive in the 2nd McLaren and Stroll (despite his awful restart) had one of his good days. Kimi is worth a mention as the winner of the 'Ferrari' class that runs alongside the F1 cars.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 11:20 (Ref:4000735)   #25
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be Kimi. He outdrove the car in 2nd place!