Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Feb 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2830506)   #426
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I would have thought they would have wanted back in Europe as a spare ..... but I dont know how many chassis they have ..... Hoping your wrong Mr.B , but probably correct mate .
Well, if Victor_RO's maths is correct (and I reckon it is), they have access to 4 chassis.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2830509)   #427
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
The problem is... looking through the RSC archive, I'm not 100% sure if B0880-HU01 and B0980-HU01S are actually different chassis. B0980-HU01 is Dyson's Lola-Mazda, so there is a possibility that B0980-HU01S might be the 2008 Speedy Sebah chassis updated with a new chassis number. So it's either 3 or 4 chassis that we know of. (Other two are B0860-HU01 and B1060-HU01)

Obviously, there's also the possibility that the team could have bought another new chassis from Lola.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2830546)   #428
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Didnt like thair livery until I saw it in the flesh , I think it looks striking now .
Can't wait to see what they have for us this year. They've managed to make those Lola Coupés look dazzling.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 15:36 (Ref:2830597)   #429
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They must be very well financed if they can leave a 2011 P1 standing idle in the US for much of the season.

Would seem a missed opportunity not to give it a few runouts especially if they can go up against Highcrofts Honda.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2830661)   #430
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully its a message from Toyota to Honda, like "we will be there if you do full ALMS with Highcroft". Honda and Toyota have a long history in the US in Champcar and later Indycar.
And if that happens, Audi or Porsche should join them
Old 13 Feb 2011, 20:55 (Ref:2830732)   #431
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Hopefully its a message from Toyota to Honda, like "we will be there if you do full ALMS with Highcroft". Honda and Toyota have a long history in the US in Champcar and later Indycar.
Honda, Toyota and Nissan are no different than Chevy, Ford and Chrysler...

If one is racing somewhere the other is not far behind and you have a party once the third gets there.

I wouldn't read too much into it, TRD in America has the infrastructure to do whatever it wants and the money to do it. They are focused on NASCAR and for good reason, like it or not.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 21:07 (Ref:2830740)   #432
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Sadly it is Rebellion, not Toyota, it is a customer engine deal.

The future is another thing but not now.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 21:47 (Ref:2830758)   #433
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola T70 View Post
Sadly it is Rebellion, not Toyota, it is a customer engine deal.

The future is another thing but not now.
I think its slightly more than an "Engine" deal because they could have done a deal with anybody frankly. They just happen to be a LMP1 team with a chassis that can accommodate many types of engines, making installation a snap.

The fact they also went out on their own and tried to re-engineer the Judd engine is the type of team I would like to be involved with if I was a manufacturer.

Lord Drayson has the same car, the difference? His name is listed on the driver's door not as Owner but Driver, get it?
Old 13 Feb 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2830765)   #434
photopigg
Rookie

United Kingdom
Dover, Kent
photopigg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
find it strange how a team can afford to leave a chassis behind for pretty much a whole year unless they are not telling us something????
Old 14 Feb 2011, 03:49 (Ref:2830843)   #435
eizox
Rookie

England
Somerset, England
eizox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It probably just happens to work out cheaper than shipping it back to europe, and then out again for PLM, however it would be nice to see them do the ALMS
Old 14 Feb 2011, 06:09 (Ref:2830861)   #436
Lola T70
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
I think its slightly more than an "Engine" deal because they could have done a deal with anybody frankly. They just happen to be a LMP1 team with a chassis that can accommodate many types of engines, making installation a snap.
TMG is trying to sell it's product to all parties, that is engineering services, engines, wind tunnel time, simulators etc, it needs to do that to survive.

This comes out of TMG, not TRD or Japan. It is only an engine deal.

Not saying something will not happen in the future, just not know.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 07:38 (Ref:2830874)   #437
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It's actually spelled NOW instead of KNOW . But TMGBH is apart of the Toyota family, it's not that they don't have the money, they just aren't using their facilities to the fullest extent for their own programs, yet. In fact their windtunnels have been used by Ferrari F1, Williams, possibly Sauber F1 as well as 3 other teams throughout this F1 season.

This story about a possible return to LeMans with a hybrid car? Hmm, will it be an LMP, or will it be something like the 918RSR?
Old 14 Feb 2011, 08:03 (Ref:2830879)   #438
Lola T70
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
It's actually spelled NOW instead of KNOW . But TMGBH is apart of the Toyota family, it's not that they don't have the money, they just aren't using their facilities to the fullest extent for their own programs, yet. In fact their windtunnels have been used by Ferrari F1, Williams, possibly Sauber F1 as well as 3 other teams throughout this F1 season.

This story about a possible return to LeMans with a hybrid car? Hmm, will it be an LMP, or will it be something like the 918RSR?
Sorry but english is not my first language, I see my mistake and will check better in future

Sorry to be exact, but it is actually TMG not TMGBH, the G stands for Gmbh which means it is a limited liability company in Germany as opposed to an AG.

TMG is part of TMC, correct, but still has to stand on it's own two feet and is increasingly trying to sell it's product to outsiders, meaning not TMC funded programme.

Toyota if/when it returns will be in LMP1, but Rebellion programme now is an engine supply customer programme.

Last edited by Lola T70; 14 Feb 2011 at 08:25.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2830898)   #439
Laurent
Rookie

France
20 km away from Paris (France)
Laurent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'll find some informations about the Rebellion-Toyota relationship there. (in french of course...)
Old 14 Feb 2011, 11:19 (Ref:2830959)   #440
Lola T70
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
You'll find some informations about the Rebellion-Toyota relationship there. (in french of course...)
Quite clearly states it in the first line Laurent.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 15:55 (Ref:2831067)   #441
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

The fact they also went out on their own and tried to re-engineer the Judd engine is the type of team I would like to be involved with if I was a manufacturer.

Lord Drayson has the same car, the difference? His name is listed on the driver's door not as Owner but Driver, get it?
Or it could be because Drayson has ambitions to become a constructor or other yet to be announced plans.

Given his previous support for the ALMS and pushing of the green message I'd say it's more likely than not they'll be represented on both sides of the Atlantic when the cars ready.

Last edited by JAG; 14 Feb 2011 at 16:20.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2831288)   #442
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
Excellent article Laurent, many thanks for posting the link (and thanks also to Stephan who was very informative with his replies to your questions).

I reckon that puts most (if not all) of the speculation surrounding this programme to bed.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2831494)   #443
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lola T70 I assumed you were English until you said that. So I really wouldn't worry about checking better.

As for Laurent's article. As Bentley said, it clears lots of things up. Nice to see that fairly insane rumour quashed about a car being left in the States for the entire season.

It strikes me that Toyota will take a LOT of convincing to come back as a works effort. Just like they would to commit to any kind of racing programme at the minute. Same for any Japanese manufacturer.

Of course the forum conspiracy theorists may not be entirely satisfied. Nothing to say Rebellion have to be entirely honest about the level of their relationship. And you'd imagine, if things go well, it will have developed a certain amount come June.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 11:40 (Ref:2831511)   #444
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Nothing to say Rebellion have to be entirely honest about the level of their relationship.
There isn't, but whilst they may choose not to divulge the fine detail, Stephan was very up front with his answers to Laurent's questions. In fact, we have learnt just about everything regarding the basis of the Rebellion/Toyota relationship, haven't we? Only the precise cost of the engines to Rebellion (which Stephan said in the interview were very reasonable in price, since Toyota were only looking to cover their costs, not make a profit) is unknown, a detail which will understandably remain private.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2831557)   #445
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola T70 View Post
Sorry but english is not my first language, I see my mistake and will check better in future
I wouldnt worry about it , there is some hideous English spelling and phrases in this forum . I think you do quite well .
Old 15 Feb 2011, 12:58 (Ref:2831559)   #446
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Can someone please post the main points of the above french interview , in English ?

cuz im still a bit in the dark about it .
Old 15 Feb 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2831567)   #447
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I wouldnt worry about it , there is some hideous English spelling and phrases in this forum . I think you do quite well .
If i have any, i'll be glad to be corrected
Quote:
Can someone please post the main points of the above french interview , in English ?

cuz im still a bit in the dark about it .
I'd like to hear it too
Old 15 Feb 2011, 13:38 (Ref:2831588)   #448
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
article in english
http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

basically toyota is evaluating whther they will come to Lemans by seeing the cost and everything that is needed to establish the team. They are doing this by studying Rebellion Racing.

Yeah the article has a lot of hodepodge about toyota having no motives in this effort but thats a lie. They simply dont want to tip audi and peugeot off who undoubltbly alreaady know
Old 15 Feb 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2831598)   #449
Lola T70
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
article in english

basically toyota is evaluating whther they will come to Lemans by seeing the cost and everything that is needed to establish the team. They are doing this by studying Rebellion Racing.

Yeah the article has a lot of hodepodge about toyota having no motives in this effort but thats a lie. They simply dont want to tip audi and peugeot off who undoubltbly alreaady know
Toyota Motorsport based in Europe is supplying engines basically at cost and it is a customer programme, no more, no less. Obviously they will watch and learn.

TMC (Japan) has not made any decision on future Motorsports programmes but will be discussed soon at their Annual Board meetings in Japan. Please remember that 1 week before Toyota pulled out of F1, TMG (Europe) where this engine programme comes out of, was saying they are staying in F1. Japan calls the shots but 2012 is already tight or probably too late by the time decisions are made.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2831605)   #450
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
article in english

Seeing the cost? The cost is going to be tremendous as we all know! They either want to have a go at the bragging rights of winning or they don't. Part of it boils down to how many of the folks on Toyota's executive boards are passionate about cars/racing, or if they just look at their company as a business and want to maximize their EBITDA.