Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Dec 2023, 00:24 (Ref:4187904)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Chef Cessnock 500

Coming to a 2025 Calendar Near You

Wonder how many NIMBYs will appear from the sky, or from under a rock, to make this impossible to achieve?

The Plonk & Donks 500…

Not quite the Novocastrian Monaco.. but it will do..
If they get it up..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Dec 2023, 01:16 (Ref:4187907)   #2
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will be an impact issue, on the rare spotted dung beetle that uses that land for migratory purposes each year.

The impact off constant noise from the Gen3 aero upgrades will cause a disruption to its normal mating cycle, and in turn cause the spotted dung beetle to be listed as insect of importance by UNESCO.
Old 1 Dec 2023, 08:00 (Ref:4187916)   #3
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't write off the airport.

Putting in limited asphalt racing surfaces to link runways etc is very different to building a circuit from scratch, in this case with no large excavations/fill requirements to push the price up.

Presumably noise less of an issue, because airport.

Worth a good look I reckon.
Old 6 Dec 2023, 03:09 (Ref:4188407)   #4
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I wouldn't write off the airport.

Putting in limited asphalt racing surfaces to link runways etc is very different to building a circuit from scratch, in this case with no large excavations/fill requirements to push the price up.

Presumably noise less of an issue, because airport.

Worth a good look I reckon.
Guaranteed to be the worlds most boring circuit.Have you ever seen Cessnock Airport?
This doesn’t add up on any level except for people desperate to keep using tax payers money.Big chance that the Mayor has been wined and dined at Newcastle and opened his mouth without engaging his brain.And then he gets positive reinforcement from people who would gain direct financial benefit.
Old 6 Dec 2023, 04:38 (Ref:4188409)   #5
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Guaranteed to be the worlds most boring circuit.Have you ever seen Cessnock Airport?
This doesn’t add up on any level except for people desperate to keep using tax payers money.Big chance that the Mayor has been wined and dined at Newcastle and opened his mouth without engaging his brain.And then he gets positive reinforcement from people who would gain direct financial benefit.
I thought newcastle was a terrible track, could it be worse than that?