Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2007, 13:30 (Ref:1927549)   #226
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in 2005, at the New England Grand Prix in Lime Rock, CT, USA, I actually saw one guy walking around with a sound meter. I am sure he felt he was making the world a better place...

Being a Diesel advocate, I can appreciate the noise that they make, or rather, that they do not, but noise is part of racing. I do not like Corvettes, but I like their sound!
Old 3 Jun 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1927563)   #227
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike
The Ferrari 333SP always ran with mufflers. And frankly if you can notice the difference between 113 db and say 130 db, you're the better man. I can't, but can tell you 113 is still plenty loud and doesn't keep me from wearing ear plugs at the track. As someone who's been going to the races for over 15 years I've ended up with a permanent ringing in my ears called tinnitus. And all the years I've been going, noise regulations of some kind have been in effect. During the GTP days it was around 108 db, WSC days about where its at now. So noise regulations aren't anything new and while they won't keep anyone from loosing their hearing, if they potentially keep certain races that run close to communities (say Road Atlanta) from legislating themselves out of existance, I certainly welcome them.
Ok mike , i take your point . But as you say , if it stops local communities complaining , i see that too . But , what was there before the community ? Like at brands hatch for example . The track was there before the community got largh to start screaming .

I work at an airport and have pics of the other side of the airport , before people started living there ..... guess where most of the noise complaints are comeing from !!!

If its x amount of decibels this year ..... what will it be like 4 years from now . people will always crib about noise , but it doesnt always mean that they are in the right either .
Old 3 Jun 2007, 13:46 (Ref:1927567)   #228
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitano
in 2005, at the New England Grand Prix in Lime Rock, CT, USA, I actually saw one guy walking around with a sound meter. I am sure he felt he was making the world a better place...

Being a Diesel advocate, I can appreciate the noise that they make, or rather, that they do not, but noise is part of racing. I do not like Corvettes, but I like their sound!
Dieses Bitte warten Sie 2 Sekunden um das Originalbild zu laden!

Irishman from Tullamore ...... you must be a bloody farmer then !!!
Old 3 Jun 2007, 13:46 (Ref:1927569)   #229
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Ok mike , i take your point . But as you say , if it stops local communities complaining , i see that too . But , what was there before the community ? Like at brands hatch for example . The track was there before the community got largh to start screaming .

I work at an airport and have pics of the other side of the airport , before people started living there ..... guess where most of the noise complaints are comeing from !!!

If its x amount of decibels this year ..... what will it be like 4 years from now . people will always crib about noise , but it doesnt always mean that they are in the right either .
Ultimately the noise limits won't stop people from *****ing, especially as communities encroach upon tracks. The noise limits will just gain time, that's about it. Don't know what the long term solution is beyond say education about what the races bring into the communities from an economic standpoint. Peope always understand money.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 13:56 (Ref:1927579)   #230
The Badger
Veteran

Now your talking ..... same where i live , the city relies on the airport for a tourist point of view , both summer and winter , still get the whingers though .

Anybody have a figure on how much money Le mans generates each year for the locals ?
Old 3 Jun 2007, 14:03 (Ref:1927583)   #231
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dieses Bitte warten Sie 2 Sekunden um das Originalbild zu laden!

Irishman from Tullamore ...... you must be a bloody farmer then !!!
You could not be more wrong!
By the way, why did this comment come about and what are you trying to say?
Old 3 Jun 2007, 14:14 (Ref:1927595)   #232
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And like we know from last year's Test Days, all this is meaningless. The real analysis will come from looking at the sector times and as the ACO has done nothing about diesel's on track performance, I suspect the issue to remain and in fact the time performance difference to be even greater this year. But really none of this will shake out until the race and will only become evident until one looks at sustained race pace and sector times. Peugeot and Audi aren't stupid with the ACO's arbitrary lap time "cap" in place. They certainly won't be showing their hand today.
And you don't think Pescarolo etc. are doing the absolute minimum to make it clear to the ACO how hard done by they are?

Pescaolo are 3-4+ seconds a lap quicker than other, quick, petrol P1 cars, so what's the excuse for such a gap?

The R10's advantage seems no different to the R8's back in the day.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 14:21 (Ref:1927602)   #233
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
5 cars are diesel ..... what need is there for the other 50 to run mufflers ?
Mufflers or something to tune them so the noise does not exceed 113 dbs or current sound limits.

Yes we Love LOUD race cars, but heck, as Mike mentioned, how long does it take for perminet ringing in the ears??

I ware earplugs under my helmet in the race car, and it is still loud.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 14:27 (Ref:1927605)   #234
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
And you don't think Pescarolo etc. are doing the absolute minimum to make it clear to the ACO how hard done by they are?

Pescaolo are 3-4+ seconds a lap quicker than other, quick, petrol P1 cars, so what's the excuse for such a gap?

The R10's advantage seems no different to the R8's back in the day.
Like I mentioned,the absolute times we're seeing here are meaningless. Its the sector times that will be more truthful and only when done in anger.

..and so far Pescarolo is only about 2.5 seconds quicker than the Creation.

Last edited by MulsanneMike; 3 Jun 2007 at 14:32.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 14:40 (Ref:1927612)   #235
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
16:34-3.28.277 for Biela!!!!!!!! (Planet LeMans)
Old 3 Jun 2007, 14:49 (Ref:1927620)   #236
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pescarolo ran a late 3.29 last year, this year the tracks 1-2 seconds quicker, at least.

So far they've ran 3.31.958,

It's safe to say Pescarolo should be capable of nudging into the 3.28's, the diesels could probably go another 2 seconds quicker.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1927623)   #237
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3:27.1 from Bourdais .. nice lap

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jun 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1927625)   #238
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3m27.1 for Sebastian Bordais.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 14:55 (Ref:1927628)   #239
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How r the spykers doing?
Old 3 Jun 2007, 14:56 (Ref:1927631)   #240
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erw
How r the spykers doing?
Quote:
16:46- Both Spykers 9th and 10th in class, 86 in 4.09.236, 85 in 4.09.904, engine grief seems to be over
http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...=2749&Itemid=2
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:01 (Ref:1927636)   #241
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Pescarolo ran a late 3.29 last year, this year the tracks 1-2 seconds quicker, at least.

So far they've ran 3.31.958,

It's safe to say Pescarolo should be capable of nudging into the 3.28's, the diesels could probably go another 2 seconds quicker.

they improved to 3:31.697

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:05 (Ref:1927642)   #242
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Why is there a red flag situation?
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:20 (Ref:1927652)   #243
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
Have there been any pictures of the R10? DSC was saying the cars were runing around with covers over the rear wings on their way to scrutineering yesterday.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:22 (Ref:1927654)   #244
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Why is there a red flag situation?
Arena Zytek had a 'small' fire (Planet LeMans).
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:26 (Ref:1927657)   #245
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's wrong with the T2M Dome? According to T&S, they haven't set a fast lap at all?

I also notice that Yojira Terada is in the cockpit according to timing...
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:39 (Ref:1927663)   #246
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bourdais sets a 3:26 something?! Wow thats a seriously fast lap time.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:40 (Ref:1927664)   #247
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
3:26.7 .. Sebastian Bourdais again

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1927665)   #248
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Have there been any pictures of the R10? DSC was saying the cars were runing around with covers over the rear wings on their way to scrutineering yesterday.
There were some photos of the R10 on the scrute bridge - the wing didn't look any radical, maybe just a different profile.

Bourdais down to high 26s.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:42 (Ref:1927667)   #249
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
3:26.7 .. Sebastian Bourdais again
I think he's having fun!
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:42 (Ref:1927668)   #250
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
3'26"707 for Sébastien Bourdais, very impressive.