Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Nov 2013, 02:38 (Ref:3335483)   #1901
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Well I do find GTD to be much more of a credible class than Grand AM GT. It seems they are closer to real GT3 cars just with a spec wing, spec tire, smaller air restrictors, and pro-am drivers. Personally I think the spec wing and air restrictors should go away.
It appears that GTD is basically based on Grand Am GT spec, but without the tube frame GT cars.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 02:55 (Ref:3335485)   #1902
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A slight disappointment in that I thought there would be a Muscle Milk GTLM related announcement today. Its almost as if that is the last major piece of the puzzle at this point.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 04:18 (Ref:3335498)   #1903
nissangtrfan
Rookie

United States
30 Miles from Road Atlanta
nissangtrfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
A slight disappointment in that I thought there would be a Muscle Milk GTLM related announcement today. Its almost as if that is the last major piece of the puzzle at this point.
+1, I agree. Dyson as well...
Old 23 Nov 2013, 04:19 (Ref:3335500)   #1904
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was meant to be a MM announcement a few weeks ago...
Old 23 Nov 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3335691)   #1905
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have an updated list of confirmed entries for all of the various classes:

P2/DP
LMPC
GTLM
GTD

With all of the announcements about various teams dropping out and coming in, I am having a really hard time following it all.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3335692)   #1906
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Track Fan View Post
Does anyone have an updated list of confirmed entries for all of the various classes:

P2/DP
LMPC
GTLM
GTD

With all of the announcements about various teams dropping out and coming in, I am having a really hard time following it all.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=1888
Old 23 Nov 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3335725)   #1907
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks to those that tried to keep this thread on topic. There are opportunities to discuss what is a car or not elsewhere. However on several times it has been requested that entry speculation discussion isn't stifled by this.

Posts removed. Including all those despairing that this has come up again.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3335728)   #1908
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GTLM:
BMW Rahal - Auberlen, Edwards, Priaulx, Dirk Muller likely for full-season (which drivers in which cars not determined yet). 3rd drivers TBD

Corvette Racing - Gavin + Milner, Magnussen + Garcia, 3rd drivers TBD

Porsche North America - most likely Factory drivers, Colin Braun may get one of the seats too.

Risi Competizione - will get 3 Ferrari Factory drivers (Vilander-Beretta looking likely)

SRT Motorsports - Goosens, Farnbacher, Kendall, Wittmer likely to be retained. Other drivers TBD (Dalziel moving to ESM)

Team Falken Tire - Wolf Henzler and Bryan Sellers confirmed, Nick Tandy likely to return as 3rd driver.

Nobody is officially announced outside of Corvette Racing and Falken Tire though.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3335734)   #1909
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Thing is, with Romain and Timo and possibly Marc Lieb moving to the Porsche prototype programme, if Henzler and Tandy are at Fallen then that pretty much determines that Pilet, Bergmeister, Long, Lietz and Holzer will be part of it, because unless they make some new factory drivers, or use the young ones like Connor de Phillippe and Michael Christensen, there are no others. Only those 5. I was hoping they'd give Lally a chance but looks like that's unlikely, so I'm interested to see what they announce. (For the enduros, obviously).

I guess the prototype drivers could run Sebring and Daytona with the GT team, so maybe I'm just rambling.........

Last edited by Rodger Davies; 23 Nov 2013 at 18:28.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3335749)   #1910
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
GTLM:
BMW Rahal - Auberlen, Edwards, Priaulx, Dirk Muller likely for full-season (which drivers in which cars not determined yet). 3rd drivers TBD

Risi Competizione - will get 3 Ferrari Factory drivers (Vilander-Beretta looking likely)
Is Maxime Martin downgraded to third driver for RLL?
I don't understand why Risi would keep on with Beretta, during this season he made too much mistakes.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3335753)   #1911
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I'd guess Martin will be driving DTM unfortunately, his pace was excellent last year to say it was his first time on the US circuits.

Hope he gets a couple of GT outings though, he'd be a huge loss otherwise.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3335783)   #1912
freeballin
Racer

freeballin User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I had the opportunity to speak with someone close to a team known for serpents today. He said Audi is pouring money in. If a team wants to win, they're going to need the R8. Too bad the R8 won't be in GTLM as well.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 21:33 (Ref:3335804)   #1913
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Lizards, Dragons or Vipers, I wonder?

I think, as with most pro-am categories, the skill of the 'am' drivers will be the biggest deciding factor. Although a selection of drivers and crew from any factory will, of course, help too!

Add in that there's likely more data for that Audi than any other car, and I'd agree; it's likely the car to have for 2014.

If they have von Moltke as an 'am' and a good pro alongside him though, they will start the year as a top favourite for sure.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3335813)   #1914
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well ... as far as I know only Lizards are running the R8 ... and Dion Von Moltke cannot possibly be an Am driver, he's won his class in the Rolex and a bunch of other stuff.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3335818)   #1915
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Well ... as far as I know only Lizards are running the R8 ... and Dion Von Moltke cannot possibly be an Am driver, he's won his class in the Rolex and a bunch of other stuff.
Lizards, Paul Miller, Fall-Line and possibly GMG.

L.P.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 22:24 (Ref:3335820)   #1916
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I know, I'm being facetious (although Dragonspeed have one too)

Sorry, I thought von Moltke managed to be an 'am' because he was in AJR's Daytona line up, but I forgot it wasn't pro-am rules last year
Old 24 Nov 2013, 00:23 (Ref:3335851)   #1917
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs

"Lizards, Paul Miller, Fall-Line and possibly GMG."

Yes, but the choices were among teams with reptilian connections, and of the three mentioned, only the Flying Lizards are running the Audi.

EDIT: Whoops, i didn't know about Dragonspeed, though now that I am reminded I think I read it somewhere ... probably here.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 00:33 (Ref:3335854)   #1918
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way gtd is shaping up I'm starting to wish it would be a pro catagory. If only grand am would have tried this hard their gt class would of been awesome.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 03:08 (Ref:3335873)   #1919
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
I don't understand why Risi would keep on with Beretta, during this season he made too much mistakes.
Neither were close to perfect, but getting rid of Malucelli and keeping Beretta is like tossing the baby and keeping a tub full of bathwater. At least the former was quick and error-prone, while the latter was downright slow and error-prone.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 03:10 (Ref:3335875)   #1920
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Lizards, Dragons or Vipers, I wonder?
Technically, only the viper is a serpent!
Old 24 Nov 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3335988)   #1921
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I'd guess Martin will be driving DTM unfortunately, his pace was excellent last year to say it was his first time on the US circuits.

Hope he gets a couple of GT outings though, he'd be a huge loss otherwise.
I wasn't as impressed with Martin as i hoped, he is usually a class above everyone apart from Makoweicki and a few others in European GT.
Maybe it was just new car and new tracks or me missing his good bits in the USA.
I suppose also that the ALMS GT is probably the most competitive GT series at the moment.

Bit of a shame if he goes to DTM, i hope BMW can keep him as one of the GT guns and send him to all the important endurance events e.g. Daytona, Sebring, (NAEC), Le Mans, Nurburgring and Spa.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3336007)   #1922
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some more info on Libras plans
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/de...libra-radical/

Sounds like they will be at Daytona but are looking for additional sponsors
Old 24 Nov 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3336171)   #1923
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeballin View Post
Audi is pouring money in. If a team wants to win, they're going to need the R8. Too bad the R8 won't be in GTLM as well.
I doubt that IMSA will let Audi kill the competition.

It's very strange that Audi wants to invest heavily in a pro-am class. If they wanted to do a works team, they could have pulled a Z4-like conversion. Beating GTD privateers isn't the same as beating Porsche, BMW, Corvette and Viper works teams.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3336201)   #1924
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I doubt that IMSA will let Audi kill the competition.

It's very strange that Audi wants to invest heavily in a pro-am class. If they wanted to do a works team, they could have pulled a Z4-like conversion. Beating GTD privateers isn't the same as beating Porsche, BMW, Corvette and Viper works teams.
It doesn't matter. They can claim they won Sebring and Petit and Daytona. It doesn't matter the class, and it's much cheaper to run a satellite GTD team than homologating a GTE car.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 00:10 (Ref:3336274)   #1925
Maelochs
Veteran

The R8 is getting on in years as well. I’d expect Audi to focus its real efforts on P1 and then consider its options after the new regs come out in 2016 (assuming they do) rather than spending a lot of money homologating a GTLM version of a car that will be obsolete in a couple years, and also might be replaced by a new or updated model in the next couple of years.