Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 11 Jan 2005, 06:38 (Ref:1197856)   #101
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktsax
actually intersport also has 2 lola B2k/10 with 4 liter judd engines they ran back in 01 in the grand am and the ALMS seasons. they ran one in the ALMS in 01 and grand am and 2 in the Grand AM in 02

No they don't they were sold last year to Taurus
Old 11 Jan 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1198003)   #102
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe
i said that they will definitely be racing the Judd B2K/40, not that it had been confirmed... maybe you misread my post
No, I did not misread your post. Yes, you said they will definitely be racing the Judd B2K. Definite as in, without any question, beyond any doubt.

I asked if this has been confirmed anywhere.
Quote:
Confirmed by whom?
If it hasn't been confirmed, how can it be difinite? It would be most likely then, hypothesized, suggested.... right? Pendantic I suppose, yet it is best to represent things as they are, not as we wish them to be.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1198225)   #103
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i heard through someone who knows the team a while back that they would at least be returning with the B2K/40 Judd, is that good enough for you?
Old 11 Jan 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1198238)   #104
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibiltoe
i heard through someone who knows the team a while back that they would at least be returning with the B2K/40 Judd, is that good enough for you?
If you trust that source, then good enough Mr. Tibiltoe.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1198276)   #105
tblincoe
Veteran

oh real mature fogelhound, although its not suprising you would stoop to name-calling, i won't come down to your elementary school level with any sort of retort to that. so do you have other information that you are holding back just to be smug, or are you naturally inclined to being a confrontational prick?
Old 11 Jan 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1198299)   #106
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibiltoe
oh real mature fogelhound, although its not suprising you would stoop to name-calling, i won't come down to your elementary school level with any sort of retort to that. so do you have other information that you are holding back just to be smug, or are you naturally inclined to being a confrontational prick?
Name calling? What on earth are you talking about?

I don't know anything further then that, other then Intersport is firmly a no-comment on the topic when directly asked. All I was saying is, if the source is good enough for you, then fair enough, I'll take it as their intentions.

Name calling is normally calling people a "jerk" or "confrontational prick", which clearly I haven't done, and apparently you won't come down to that level either.

If you are referring to "Tibiltoe", then I'm very sorry you have hurt feelings. It was meant in jest, given you have an inability to get my name right, it was a joke.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1198300)   #107
BobN
Racer

BobN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe
Irony is sometimes hard to avoid.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1198358)   #108
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
about intersports lola b160, what sort of condition is the chassis in now, and would anyone want to buy it if the chassis is still damaged.(i'm assuming this is the chassis that missed some rounds of the alms last season because of damage).
Old 11 Jan 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1198372)   #109
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
R & S for sale.....way out of my league (although I will check and see if my 401K can justifiably be cashed in for this--an R & S Mk III for sale qualifies as an emergency, right?????) and the reserve isn't even met, but here is hoping someone picks it up and decides one more year of fun before it is off to historics. Three years of LeMans history......

Badger and Tim Northcut, maybe if we buy lotto tickets and think positive? If that fails I have sure fire bank robbing scheme!

robert

I would've done it 12 months ago, but I don't know if it would be worth the expenditure now...

That chassis has a one-season shelf life now....and the Rileys seem to be rather busy building chassis for the other series, so they probably wouldn't have the time to work a Hybrid package....not would they grant permission for someone else to do it due to liability reasons...

But the chassis has to be at a fairly good price.....might be worth a one-season run if the Lotto Jackpot was big enough...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 11 Jan 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1198464)   #110
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
I would've done it 12 months ago, but I don't know if it would be worth the expenditure now...

That chassis has a one-season shelf life now....and the Rileys seem to be rather busy building chassis for the other series, so they probably wouldn't have the time to work a Hybrid package....not would they grant permission for someone else to do it due to liability reasons...

But the chassis has to be at a fairly good price.....might be worth a one-season run if the Lotto Jackpot was big enough...
Heck, probably not a bad long term investment. Race it one year, don't crash it, restore it to Le Mans spec and put it in living room. Enjoy it as a type of artwork for several years as it increases in value. The LeMans history will only add to its value. I have been stunned at what some other LeMans history cars have gone for over the years, the R & S would probably outperform the stock market long term.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1198470)   #111
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich R
about intersports lola b160, what sort of condition is the chassis in now, and would anyone want to buy it if the chassis is still damaged.(i'm assuming this is the chassis that missed some rounds of the alms last season because of damage).

"Only broken in half once...."
Old 11 Jan 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1198472)   #112
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I could use a nice red, white & blue coffee table....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 11 Jan 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1198495)   #113
tblincoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Name calling? What on earth are you talking about?

I don't know anything further then that, other then Intersport is firmly a no-comment on the topic when directly asked. All I was saying is, if the source is good enough for you, then fair enough, I'll take it as their intentions.

Name calling is normally calling people a "jerk" or "confrontational prick", which clearly I haven't done, and apparently you won't come down to that level either.

If you are referring to "Tibiltoe", then I'm very sorry you have hurt feelings. It was meant in jest, given you have an inability to get my name right, it was a joke.
ok, thank you fogelhUnd you answered my question
Old 11 Jan 2005, 23:38 (Ref:1198592)   #114
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
"Only broken in half once...."
And repaired not very well from what i heard . If i did my job like that people would be falling all over the place !!!

I did hear that the car returned from "Lola" repaired and after a few races the tub was ****ed again . From what I know of carbon fibre ..... you cannot NDT "non-destructive test" it siccessfully , apart from the old spoon trick !!!
Old 12 Jan 2005, 00:32 (Ref:1198616)   #115
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not returned "from Lola" fwiw.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 12 Jan 2005, 01:25 (Ref:1198644)   #116
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone tell me if a team is going to enter a Lamborghini for Sebring?
Old 12 Jan 2005, 01:31 (Ref:1198648)   #117
tblincoe
Veteran

as of now there is no word of a Lamborghini being present at the 12 Hours, that doesn't mean that it won't happen, just no info on that right now
Old 13 Jan 2005, 06:36 (Ref:1199568)   #118
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ Thanks, tblincoe. I've been searching google this evening for any conformation re: the Maserati MC-12 entry for the 12 Hours of Sebring and I couldn't come up with anything
Old 13 Jan 2005, 07:28 (Ref:1199582)   #119
Shady#30
Rookie

Shady#30 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest press (DSC, lmsr.net) leads us to believe Maserati is not going to do LMES or LM this year and is perhaps seeking permission to race in the ALMS as non-ACO spec (if that were allowed Sebring is a pretty fair bet). There's a <very> recent thread about Maserati's plans too.

(if my interpretation of the note/release/whatever seems off to anyone feel free to correct it)

Last edited by Shady#30; 13 Jan 2005 at 07:31.
Old 13 Jan 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1200051)   #120
tblincoe
Veteran

shady is correct, the MC-12's future as far as Sebring and the ALMS is very up in the air right now. it will be interesting to see if the ALMS allows the MC-12 in as it would be a great boost to the series, but it could also trounce the beloved Corvettes so it seems to me that the ALMS has a tough decision on its hands
Old 13 Jan 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1200107)   #121
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I don't believe it would trounce the Corvettes. But yes, it would be a good boost for the series, which would be very welcomed.

Agreed though, tough decision.
Old 13 Jan 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1200125)   #122
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I sincerely hope Maserati are refused entries to Sebring/ALMS. The car is illegal. Forget messing around with weight penalties, bending the rules coz it's expensive, exotic, pretty and they want to sell a lot of Mazzers in the USA etc. Aston Martin will be at Sebring in March and by 2006 the ALMS will see them at every round. In 2006 Maserati will also have a car built to the rulebook which will do battle with the Vettes, DBR9's and Saleens. What a mouthwatering prospect that is

Be patient. Don't let them race this year. It's all about the integrity of the sport
Old 13 Jan 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1200133)   #123
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Well I don't believe it would trounce the Corvettes. But yes, it would be a good boost for the series, which would be very welcomed.

Agreed though, tough decision.
If a MC-12 with ballast can beat a Prodrive 550 in the Fia GT series ..... I cant see why it couldn't beat a Corvette at least some of the time ?
Old 13 Jan 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1200134)   #124
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It won one race in FIA GT. No doubt it will get better. But in my book winning some of the time is not trouncing your oponent. Especially when they will be winning some of the time.
Old 13 Jan 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1200276)   #125
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
If a MC-12 with ballast can beat a Prodrive 550 in the Fia GT series ..... I cant see why it couldn't beat a Corvette at least some of the time ?

Different rule sets, restrictors... you don't know how these things are going to react until it gets to the track. I have no doubt it will be top notch, but the same will said about the new C6.R.