Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Oct 2022, 08:59 (Ref:4130204)   #501
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I should add that you are entitled to your own opinion, but equally so are others that you disagree with.
Of course, and no problem with that.

The funny thing is to suggest it was amicable. Anybody saying that clearly has no knowledge of the case.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 09:03 (Ref:4130205)   #502
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Understandably there was a fall out between the two parties which is why the issue had (unfortunately) to be taken to court and a settlement sought.
Now that the settlement has been made and both parties have accepted the outcome the issue has been settled so NOW there should be no acrimony.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4130224)   #503
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
The funny thing is to suggest it was amicable. Anybody saying that clearly has no knowledge of the case.
Well, the people saying it were Daniel Ricciardo and Glenn Beavis:

DR: "We've put a fork in it. It is all sorted, settled. I can't go into details, but we both met and it has been done and put to bed. And not in a bad way or anything. It actually ended a lot sweeter than it looked a few months ago."

GB: "[we] reached an amicable settlement over the amounts due."

Joint Statement: "Daniel Ricciardo and Glenn Beavis are pleased to confirm that they have reached an amicable settlement over the amounts due to Glenn and thus bringing to an end the proceedings in the High Court in London. Daniel and Glenn wish each other well in their future endeavours."

I guess their knowledge of the case is pretty limited?
Old 14 Oct 2022, 10:54 (Ref:4130233)   #504
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Well, the people saying it were Daniel Ricciardo and Glenn Beavis:

DR: "We've put a fork in it. It is all sorted, settled. I can't go into details, but we both met and it has been done and put to bed. And not in a bad way or anything. It actually ended a lot sweeter than it looked a few months ago."

GB: "[we] reached an amicable settlement over the amounts due."

Joint Statement: "Daniel Ricciardo and Glenn Beavis are pleased to confirm that they have reached an amicable settlement over the amounts due to Glenn and thus bringing to an end the proceedings in the High Court in London. Daniel and Glenn wish each other well in their future endeavours."

I guess their knowledge of the case is pretty limited?
Best refer to post #499...

i suspect most people commenting have never been involved in court poroceedings. It certainly seems like it.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 11:22 (Ref:4130235)   #505
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Best refer to post #499...

i suspect most people commenting have never been involved in court poroceedings. It certainly seems like it.

You're at it again, and making assumptions (I suspect) that possibly have no foundation.

I was involved in a company dispute back in the 80s against a very minority shareholder that involved many visits to the High Court, where eventually the judge threw out the other side because they had, possibly inadvertently, lied to the court. I can tell you that it was eventually settled out of court amicably, especially important that it involved a close relative with whom I maintained very amiable relations for years after until she sadly passed away. I am still in close contact with the family.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 11:44 (Ref:4130238)   #506
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
You're at it again, and making assumptions (I suspect) that possibly have no foundation.

I was involved in a company dispute back in the 80s against a very minority shareholder that involved many visits to the High Court, where eventually the judge threw out the other side because they had, possibly inadvertently, lied to the court. I can tell you that it was eventually settled out of court amicably, especially important that it involved a close relative with whom I maintained very amiable relations for years after until she sadly passed away. I am still in close contact with the family.
Assumptions, perhaps true. But with some knowledge of the case. Unlike most I suspect. LOL.

This place can be fun sometimes. It's just a shame when the armchair and bedroom warriors want to shout down someone who might actually know what they are on about on a particular subject.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 12:12 (Ref:4130242)   #507
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And those "in the know" here are often proven to be so far removed from the actual knowledge the armchair folks have been FAR FAR FAR more accurate with guesses. But sure, we will all bow to your obvious member of UPPER FIA management and knowledgeable about ALL things from all teams.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 12:15 (Ref:4130244)   #508
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And those "in the know" here are often proven to be so far removed from the actual knowledge the armchair folks have been FAR FAR FAR more accurate with guesses.
Ah, but don't confuse the bedroom keyboardists claiming to be insiders with real people who might actually really be in the real paddock.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 12:36 (Ref:4130254)   #509
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ah, but don't confuse the bedroom keyboardists claiming to be insiders with real people who might actually really be in the real paddock.

And who have been involved in court proceedings?
Old 14 Oct 2022, 12:40 (Ref:4130255)   #510
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
And who have been involved in court proceedings?
Sadly that applies to pretty much everyone who has been professionally involved in motorsports at a reasonably senior level or above. Unfortunately it attracts those who don't want to pay for, or deliver, what they signed up for.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 12:50 (Ref:4130258)   #511
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Real people in the real paddock - or sat in an armchair at home. Either way, it is exactly the same - posting on here makes them all part of the 'keyboard warrior' crowd.

By dismissing those who are not in the paddock with terms such as 'armchair and bedroom warriors' suggests that their contribution to this forum is less valid?
By referring to those in the paddock as being 'real people' suggests that those who are not in the paddock are somewhat lesser, or being fake?

If posting from 'inside the paddock' it helps to clarify what authority that position holds. If a poster from 'inside the paddock' is not able to confirm their identity, role or position - it suggests that they are not posting accurate information, or information that they are not able to substantiate. Which makes that information about as valuable as something posted.

Take Jamie Woodhouse for example [someone who has referred to the position as 'amicable']. He is a journalist with credentials that can be checked. Are they not a real person from the real paddock?

From what I have seen recently - the shouting seems to be coming from a position that claims to be 'inside the paddock' at outsiders.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 19:38 (Ref:4130306)   #512
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can imagine that being at the events and in the mix clearly creates the potential to be more informed and to have a perspective that is different to that of those on the outside. But it also doesn't mean that perspective is always correct. Or maybe even consistent with all of the others with the same information!

I expect most of us have worked in a large enough organization to truly be "in the know" on topics, but yet not able to speak about them. And see others who are still in the organization
who "think" they know what is going on, but you clearly know they have gotten it badly wrong.

I welcome the information from those on the inside. I think they can bring good info and insight. But anyone (inside or outside) can be wrong at any time.

As to this entire Ricciardo vs. Beavis topic (which frankly I knew nothing about until this thread). I think only they know in their own heads how they felt then or feel now. If anyone has to resort to going to court, the are likely not to have positive feelings about the entire situation. Not to say that people can't come out the other end "satisfied" (or what other adjective we want to use)

Richard
Old 14 Oct 2022, 20:20 (Ref:4130311)   #513
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I can imagine that being at the events and in the mix clearly creates the potential to be more informed and to have a perspective that is different to that of those on the outside. But it also doesn't mean that perspective is always correct. Or maybe even consistent with all of the others with the same information!

I expect most of us have worked in a large enough organization to truly be "in the know" on topics, but yet not able to speak about them. And see others who are still in the organization
who "think" they know what is going on, but you clearly know they have gotten it badly wrong.

I welcome the information from those on the inside. I think they can bring good info and insight. But anyone (inside or outside) can be wrong at any time.

As to this entire Ricciardo vs. Beavis topic (which frankly I knew nothing about until this thread). I think only they know in their own heads how they felt then or feel now. If anyone has to resort to going to court, the are likely not to have positive feelings about the entire situation. Not to say that people can't come out the other end "satisfied" (or what other adjective we want to use)

Richard
Thanks for bringing the balanced approach Richard.

I just found it a little frustrating to be told the facts of life by others who had probably never heard of it either. Amicable is laughable.
Old 15 Oct 2022, 01:57 (Ref:4130333)   #514
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I just found it a little frustrating to be told the facts of life by others who had probably never heard of it either. Amicable is laughable.
Even more frustrating to be shown to be wrong I imagine. The known facts are statements from the parties involved so unless new evidence is presented assertions by self proclaimed "insiders" are as you say, laughable.
Old 15 Oct 2022, 10:05 (Ref:4130362)   #515
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Even more frustrating to be shown to be wrong I imagine. The known facts are statements from the parties involved so unless new evidence is presented assertions by self proclaimed "insiders" are as you say, laughable.
Wow. Anyone who believes agreed quotes from an adversarial court case must be very similar to someone who reads press releases and believes them.

FYI when you reach a legal compromise it is normal practice for all public record quotes to be agreed by all parties. They rarely bear any resemblance to the truth, but they are agreed.
Old 15 Oct 2022, 15:00 (Ref:4130386)   #516
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Wow. Anyone who believes agreed quotes from an adversarial court case must be very similar to someone who reads press releases and believes them.
You're right. Much more fun to just make up our own assumptions.

I think Danny Ric was sleeping with his managers wife and that's the cause. The settlement is she has to block him on her phone, except for every 3rd weekend.
Old 15 Oct 2022, 17:22 (Ref:4130400)   #517
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
You're right. Much more fun to just make up our own assumptions.

I think Danny Ric was sleeping with his managers wife and that's the cause. The settlement is she has to block him on her phone, except for every 3rd weekend.
Your almost right, it's every fourth weekend but bank holdiays are extra.
Old 19 Oct 2022, 12:33 (Ref:4130816)   #518
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Your almost right, it's every fourth weekend but bank holdiays are extra.
Sounds like an amicable agreement has been reached.
Old 20 Oct 2022, 04:28 (Ref:4130859)   #519
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is Danny Ric, going to chase Haas

SURELY he would sit and wait on Lewis without a promise. But a year out of the game wouldnt be wise I would be thinking.

or is he just playing coy and not suggesting anything other than a 12 month lay off
Old 20 Oct 2022, 08:30 (Ref:4130864)   #520
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
So is Danny Ric, going to chase Haas

SURELY he would sit and wait on Lewis without a promise. But a year out of the game wouldnt be wise I would be thinking.

or is he just playing coy and not suggesting anything other than a 12 month lay off
He’s done.Stop torturing yourself with scenarios that won’t happen.
Old 20 Oct 2022, 08:38 (Ref:4130865)   #521
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I find it interesting that fans get upset when young talent cannot get a seat in f1 - but also get upset when a driver that has been in for 10+ years cannot find a ride and needs to leave. For on to happen the other has to give

I wonder if it is better for Danny to look somewhere else in motorsport than to hang around hoping for a seat at a top team which I do not think it will happen
Old 20 Oct 2022, 08:59 (Ref:4130866)   #522
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
I find it interesting that fans get upset when young talent cannot get a seat in f1 - but also get upset when a driver that has been in for 10+ years cannot find a ride and needs to leave. For on to happen the other has to give

I wonder if it is better for Danny to look somewhere else in motorsport than to hang around hoping for a seat at a top team which I do not think it will happen
Sounds like Haas' choice is Ricciardo or Schumacher or maybe supersub Hulkenburg. Personally, I don't find any of them particularly inspiring.

Only one of those 3 fits into the category of young talent, but who apart from his die hard fans and those misty eyed over his great father would really say that they would miss young Mick if he was left without a drive next year? He has on occasion matched or narrowly beaten his teammate this season, but not often enough for my liking. Nevertheless, given the 2 alternatives, my slight hope is that Schumacher gets another year, but I find it hard to work up too much enthusiasm.
Old 20 Oct 2022, 11:27 (Ref:4130872)   #523
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Sounds like Haas' choice is Ricciardo or Schumacher or maybe supersub Hulkenburg.
From a commercial point of view Ricciardo is probably the more marketable of the three.
Old 20 Oct 2022, 20:47 (Ref:4130906)   #524
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
If Dan wants a future in F1 he has to go to HAAS. They really want him and he will be their #1. They will prepare the car and build the team how he wants it.

A year or 2 RACING for a mid-back team is better than hidden away hoping the current drivers retire in another team. Especially when the drivers are showing no indication they will, and there is no promise he would get the nod.

No pressure or expectations in a backmarker. He can find his form again. And if he can "Do a Russell" and get better results than the car should do, he will be back in demand. If not..... well he was finished already.
Old 20 Oct 2022, 21:33 (Ref:4130907)   #525
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
If Dan wants a future in F1 he has to go to HAAS. They really want him and he will be their #1. They will prepare the car and build the team how he wants it.

A year or 2 RACING for a mid-back team is better than hidden away hoping the current drivers retire in another team. Especially when the drivers are showing no indication they will, and there is no promise he would get the nod.

No pressure or expectations in a backmarker. He can find his form again. And if he can "Do a Russell" and get better results than the car should do, he will be back in demand. If not..... well he was finished already.
As I replied above it’s over.He’s done.He’s 33 and way past his peak.Don’t waste time thinking up scenarios that aren’t going to happen.