Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Sep 2022, 16:01 (Ref:4125329)   #426
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
But really - that is clutching so far at straws to try and make a point.
No, it was irony, and over your head as is often the case.

The point, despite your pedantry, is that the FIA shouldn’t be breaking their own rules to give someone a Super Licence who is a long way from a real front runner in Indycar. He is a long way from being close to challenging fur the title, as your posts serve to emphasise. Thanks for that.
Old 8 Sep 2022, 16:59 (Ref:4125332)   #427
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
No, it was irony, and over your head as is often the case.

The point, despite your pedantry, is that the FIA shouldn’t be breaking their own rules to give someone a Super Licence who is a long way from a real front runner in Indycar. He is a long way from being close to challenging fur the title, as your posts serve to emphasise. Thanks for that.
Yeah, not irony unless your name is Alanis. Misfortune, poor planning, not good maybe, ironic not so much
Old 8 Sep 2022, 22:42 (Ref:4125358)   #428
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't know how familiar you are with the Indy 500 and not wanting to go of topic and therefore briefly, back in the day Carb Day, or Carbonation Day, was the last opportunity for teams to go out on the track and adjust the carburetors before the race.
Well, in keeping with this thread where we go off on tangents & be pedantic - Carb Day is the short version of Carburetion Day (not Carbonation Day).
Old 8 Sep 2022, 22:55 (Ref:4125359)   #429
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I think a core problem is that FIA treats Indycar as a feeder series. That the "cream of the crop" are ready to move "up" to F1. While the cream of the crop in Indycar probably don't want to move.
The cream of the crop in Indycar may well not want to move (mostly) and let's be honest, they're racing in a good series and a big market and no doubt are getting well-rewarded and overall enjoying the experience - Indy alone would be so special to take part in.

FIA is right to treat Indycar as a feeder series though - good as it is, it simply isn't at the same level as F1 in any way - the paddock intensity, needing to build your own car, teams with their own engines, the massive world wide audience and a long list of other items all put F1 at a higher level. I've worked in both F1 and the top tier US single seat category - the experience, intensity and level is much more relaxed in every respect in the US series. I reckon that it's a bit higher than F2 though so there's a conundrum to consider re super licence points.

So kinda back on topic, my personal view is that there is a super licence system in place, even though it may have flaws. If Herta or anyone else wants to have a crack at F1, then they need the super license and if they don't have one, then they shouldn't ask for nor receive dispensation. They're professional teams and drivers, they all know what they need to do and they need to go out and do it - if they don't get all the way to the points needed, then they weren't good enough (this year).
Old 9 Sep 2022, 03:00 (Ref:4125373)   #430
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
FIA is right to treat Indycar as a feeder series though - good as it is, it simply isn't at the same level as F1 in any way - the paddock intensity, needing to build your own car, teams with their own engines, the massive world wide audience and a long list of other items all put F1 at a higher level. I've worked in both F1 and the top tier US single seat category - the experience, intensity and level is much more relaxed in every respect in the US series. I reckon that it's a bit higher than F2 though so there's a conundrum to consider re super licence points.
Let me clarify a bit. First, I rate F1 above Indycar. Second, when I say "treat it as a feeder series" I mean that the reason a feeder series exists is to move up to the next level. For F2, that is F1, for Indycar that is mostly... Indycar. So structuring things to treat Indycar as a feeder series doesn't work for the reasons already outlined.

Richard
Old 9 Sep 2022, 04:51 (Ref:4125377)   #431
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Indycar want to be seen as a feeder into F1? im betting they don't, esp with F1 now encroaching further into its territory.

RE the Indycar points scanario - if you are in indycar, competing against and beating ex F1 drivers - by logic it should be given a higher weighting than F2.

Also - wasnt the current points system implemented as an FIA knee jerk response to Verstappen and his age? he turned out OK....
Old 9 Sep 2022, 06:11 (Ref:4125380)   #432
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Let me clarify a bit. First, I rate F1 above Indycar. Second, when I say "treat it as a feeder series" I mean that the reason a feeder series exists is to move up to the next level. For F2, that is F1, for Indycar that is mostly... Indycar. So structuring things to treat Indycar as a feeder series doesn't work for the reasons already outlined.

Richard
IndyCar will only be a feeder for F1 when a steady stream of drivers move into F1 and become successful.There was a steady stream for 10 years post Villeneuve but they were mostly duds.That’s the prime reason why IndyCar drivers have stopped moving up in the past 10 years.I am puzzled why people think anything has changed.
Also it’s not in Indycars interest to lose drivers to F1.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 08:46 (Ref:4125390)   #433
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
For me Indycar isn't quite as big as F1, but it is still at the top of the single seater tree. F1 will always be the number 1 motorsport in the world, but Indycar is always going to be the series to aim for if you are coming up the single seater ladder in America.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4125413)   #434
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well, in keeping with this thread where we go off on tangents & be pedantic - Carb Day is the short version of Carburetion Day (not Carbonation Day).

Oops. I thought I had put Carburetion Day, otherwise I should have put, it was the last opportunity for teams to go out on the track and adjust the carbonators, before the race.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 13:16 (Ref:4125418)   #435
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Oops. I thought I had put Carburetion Day, otherwise I should have put, it was the last opportunity for teams to go out on the track and adjust the carbonators, before the race.
Ducking autocarrot
Old 10 Sep 2022, 00:04 (Ref:4125472)   #436
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Carbonators onboard the cars were critical to provide the drivers refreshing, carbonated drinks during the gruelling 500 - just the thing to stay on top of a killer thirst!
Old 10 Sep 2022, 12:16 (Ref:4125516)   #437
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Carbonators onboard the cars were critical to provide the drivers refreshing, carbonated drinks during the gruelling 500 - just the thing to stay on top of a killer thirst!

Old 16 Sep 2022, 13:42 (Ref:4126238)   #438
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull Abandons Herta

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/he...orts/10370218/
Old 16 Sep 2022, 18:51 (Ref:4126264)   #439
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
....and Nyck de Vries is seen with Marko is Graz, Austria..... on the day Wolff confirms he nor Mercedes has any contractual ties with Nyck.

Tsunoda must be having a restless night!
Old 17 Sep 2022, 03:09 (Ref:4126297)   #440
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I may be mistaken here but I believe that the SL rules were changed to what they are because of RB signing Verstappen saga. It is now ironic they attemted to run a campaign to get those same rules changed to accommodate their wishes in the Herta matter. It is now becoming increasingly obvious that RB run a public campaign whenever they want something the rules don't allow, the PR/media department must be huge.
Old 17 Sep 2022, 04:47 (Ref:4126304)   #441
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It is now becoming increasingly obvious that RB run a public campaign whenever they want something the rules don't allow, the PR/media department must be huge.
Yep, for sure they do - as does Ferrari and Mercedes and to a lesser extent, the smaller teams.

The big teams though, do have the larger media departments and consistently run campaigns for what they want.
Old 17 Sep 2022, 06:56 (Ref:4126307)   #442
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yep, for sure they do - as does Ferrari and Mercedes and to a lesser extent, the smaller teams.

The big teams though, do have the larger media departments and consistently run campaigns for what they want.
I don't agree with your view at all. RB simply go all out in a totally different way to the other teams and in this case it was RB who caused the current regulations to be put in place and it was they who then wanted to change them.
Old 17 Sep 2022, 08:53 (Ref:4126311)   #443
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Wonder if that's the end of Gasly moving to Alpine too.
Old 17 Sep 2022, 09:01 (Ref:4126314)   #444
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I don't agree with your view at all. RB simply go all out in a totally different way to the other teams and in this case it was RB who caused the current regulations to be put in place and it was they who then wanted to change them.
Happy to disagree - as Ferrari has gone very hard in the media with its PR department stirring the pot many times and of course Mercedes has shown itself to be very good at that too. Alpine has gone hard in the media as an example just recently, having a pout and wanting to smear a young driver. For sure they're all a bit different to each other but RB is absolutely not Robinson Crusoe.
Old 17 Sep 2022, 09:18 (Ref:4126317)   #445
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Or de Vries to Alpha Tauri and Gasly to Alpine?
Old 17 Sep 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4126328)   #446
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Thats what I was thinking.
Old 17 Sep 2022, 19:50 (Ref:4126348)   #447
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Or de Vries to Alpha Tauri and Gasly to Alpine?
I like this idea most.
Old 18 Sep 2022, 00:28 (Ref:4126386)   #448
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Happy to disagree - as Ferrari has gone very hard in the media with its PR department stirring the pot many times and of course Mercedes has shown itself to be very good at that too. Alpine has gone hard in the media as an example just recently, having a pout and wanting to smear a young driver. For sure they're all a bit different to each other but RB is absolutely not Robinson Crusoe.
And RB are responsible for the freeze in PU development all because Honda decided to leave. I can't recall the last time Ferrari used the media to try and influence change that gave them an advantage and Alpin's little effort was trying to save face and had nothing to do with regulation change. RB do it on a higher different level to all the others and this was obvious in the PU fiasco where they managed the campaign and got exactly what they wanted. Remember when Mercedes had that huge advantage after 2014 and everyone complained because the engine freeze effectively prevented any chance of development by the competition and now we are back to that scenario or close to it because RB lobbied to return to a freeze to suit them. IIRC there were all sorts of threats made if it did not happen because they were all set to be on a hiding to nothing once Honda left.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 10:24 (Ref:4126966)   #449
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No real surprises but Latifi has been confirmed out of Williams at season end.....

https://twitter.com/NicholasLatifi/s...%2F10373206%2F

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/la...ason/10373206/

I guess their options as to a replacement will be what pieces of jigsaw are left after the Gasly De Vries AT / Alpine scenarios have played, along with Sargeant (their Academy guy in F2) who needs a good season finish to guarantee his Superlicence. Plus of course what transpires at Haas. A few options
Old 23 Sep 2022, 13:55 (Ref:4126990)   #450
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Think Sargent just needs 13 points so he's probably good there with a round to go currently in 3rd. Might be under 13 if he has FP points as well