Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Mar 2023, 15:14 (Ref:4146466)   #651
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Could this explain why MSR were so good on restarts?
Just getting caught up here and don't have much to add, except to poke fun at you..... I guess you didn't read the linked article
Old 9 Mar 2023, 15:32 (Ref:4146468)   #652
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Joe has things to do and Cowboys gift shops to visit so he can't read that
Old 9 Mar 2023, 16:27 (Ref:4146476)   #653
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Maybe has something to do with drinking 50,000 Busch lights?
Old 9 Mar 2023, 16:29 (Ref:4146477)   #654
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Just getting caught up here and don't have much to add, except to poke fun at you..... I guess you didn't read the linked article
More like skimmed..... and it may have been on a different site
Old 10 Mar 2023, 00:08 (Ref:4146533)   #655
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Maybe has something to do with drinking 50,000 Busch lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The fine is they have to drink 50k of Busch Light?! They came down hard on them.
Ole Mikey is a big Busch Light fan
https://racer.com/2021/05/31/pruett-...ry-beth-shank/
Old 10 Mar 2023, 00:11 (Ref:4146535)   #656
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Imagine if he’d take a swig of something nice while celebrating!
Old 10 Mar 2023, 08:50 (Ref:4146556)   #657
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
y

this is a completely flawed, armchair way of looking at it. i have no idea who the guy is who has been banned from the paddock, but in this situation the buck would stop with the guy who told someone to do something against the rules. he may have fiddled with the software himself. the tyre guy who sets the pressures probably has no idea what the minimums are, much like the lads working on the car won't know the intricacies of the technical regs for their car. that's what engineers are for. your job is to do exactly what the engineer has asked for. and rightly the team owner is on probation for a few months to make sure they do in fact sort themselves out.
I was being simplistic in how I wrote it, but I meant to say I would guess top level people were aware and gave the go ahead , and they chose one person to take the fall for it where I imagine it was more people involved. The statement from MSR was also kind of vague - no way to tell if someone actually was fired or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
y
potentially there's not much scope for them to do so once they've declared the race result official. and even if there was, you can't take the ceremonial win off a team and give it to someone else but you can take all of the stuff that has an effect on the future. you can take away the points, the prize money, you can tell a guy he's absolutely not welcome in the paddock for the foreseeable for implementing something so blatently against the rules.

they did exactly the right thing the right way if you ask me.
I see what you mean - but I slightly disagree. Think about it if it was a one of entry and not a championship team. If Ferrari, Toyota, Peugeot entered just the rolex and won in the same circumstances as MSR. They would not care about the championship points or penalties, they would be happy to keep the win and prestige that comes with it.
To discourage others doing similar in the future I think organisers need to take a strong stance against it.
Then again FIA and WEC did something similar with Proton in 2018-209. They were found to be outside the rules and lost all their points, but got to keep their wins including Le Mans. Not an easy situation
Old 10 Mar 2023, 16:24 (Ref:4146625)   #658
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I also wonder about MSR future prospects with Acura/Honda. Stuff like this will not go down easily with the Japanese folks as the saga has caused considerable embarrassment to the brand - it might backfire on MSR.
Old 10 Mar 2023, 16:30 (Ref:4146627)   #659
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
I was being simplistic in how I wrote it, but I meant to say I would guess top level people were aware and gave the go ahead , and they chose one person to take the fall for it where I imagine it was more people involved. The statement from MSR was also kind of vague - no way to tell if someone actually was fired or not

I see what you mean - but I slightly disagree. Think about it if it was a one of entry and not a championship team. If Ferrari, Toyota, Peugeot entered just the rolex and won in the same circumstances as MSR. They would not care about the championship points or penalties, they would be happy to keep the win and prestige that comes with it.
To discourage others doing similar in the future I think organisers need to take a strong stance against it.
Then again FIA and WEC did something similar with Proton in 2018-209. They were found to be outside the rules and lost all their points, but got to keep their wins including Le Mans. Not an easy situation

Is there any prestige in the keeping the win, when they have been found cheating, fined and had points docked? How will their partners/sponsors view this?
Old 11 Mar 2023, 09:44 (Ref:4146680)   #660
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Is there any prestige in the keeping the win, when they have been found cheating, fined and had points docked? How will their partners/sponsors view this?
They'll get to quote/refer to the 2023 Daytona 24 Hour overall winners. The partners/sponsors will not be adding any asterisks or corrections unless they are forced to.

Internally might be a different matter with regards to contracts, but externally, MSR have truly got off lightly by keeping the win.
Old 11 Mar 2023, 10:05 (Ref:4146685)   #661
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feels to me that they 'have got away with it'
I think that IMSA have bottled it and have not shown all of the other teams that trying to gain an unfair advantage (cheating) by whatever means is not going to be accepted.
Surprised that they were not disqualified from the full results and possibly even bigger sanctions.
Old 16 Mar 2023, 11:59 (Ref:4147277)   #662
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some harsh words from WTR towards MSR regarding their behaviour after the data manipulation came out
Also there seems to be investigation if they were doing similar things last year as well

This might end up quite bad for MSR and I do not know how HPD feels about this all - might mess up the entire relationship
Old 16 Mar 2023, 12:01 (Ref:4147278)   #663
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
Feels to me that they 'have got away with it'
I think that IMSA have bottled it and have not shown all of the other teams that trying to gain an unfair advantage (cheating) by whatever means is not going to be accepted.
Surprised that they were not disqualified from the full results and possibly even bigger sanctions.

I agree with you! If it was a one-off entry just for D24 and won in similar circumstances would be really happy to keep the win as they would not care about anything else

And let's be honest outside of the enthusiasts the general public will not care enough to call the team up on their behaviour
Old 18 Mar 2023, 16:29 (Ref:4147828)   #664
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Doonan is understandably, but frustratingly, being non-committal on the subject of MSR's Daytona penalty. It almost sounds like there was an agreement between IMSA and the manufacturers over the penalties applied.