Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 6 Apr 2008, 23:30 (Ref:2171783)   #1
Maxafi
Rookie

Maxafi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sponsorship Costs (for a prospective sponsor)

Hi Folks,

I hope this is the right place for this (if not, mods please move to the right place).

I've been asked to prepare some sponsorship options for my company. Whilst my brief is to cover various options, I know that Motorsport is something that would work well for us - and we're all Motorsport fans, which I feel is important if we're going to get a little enjoyment out of it along the way.

I have to be honest and say I have absolutely no idea of the costs involved though, and I guess you guys will be able to give me a better idea.

First off, I'm certain we won't be able to allocate a budget for 'full sponsorship' (I've already looked into the costs of competing, to get a rough idea).

Secondly, we're ideally looking to back a series on the traditional ladder - i.e British FFord or F3, possibly British GT.

So, I'd be grateful if someone could give me a few guidelines of the costs and subsequent coverage. The easiest way for me to translate this to paper as a comparison would be specify a few specific areas, for example;

- Sponsorship of Rear/Front Wings and/or Mirrors (for single seaters). Alternatively, equivalent coverage areas elsewhere (i.e sidepods/doors etc)

- Helmet Visor sponsorship

- anything else that might help

I need to get something together within the next week, with a view to doing something within the next month, so any info is much appreciated!
Old 7 Apr 2008, 10:00 (Ref:2172065)   #2
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of different teams have different methods and pricing. so you'd probably be best off picking one in the series you are interested in and seeing what they have to offer you. Lots of teams have a web page now with sponsorship options on it, or simply take a trip to the racing and talk to the teams. The more successful the team, the more expensive and difficult to acquire advertising space becomes, which is why the team I'm involved in has advertising space from £15 upwards (4-10 motorsport, 750mc stockhatch team)
Old 7 Apr 2008, 11:19 (Ref:2172135)   #3
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
wannab-aracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi you have a private message
Old 7 Apr 2008, 11:33 (Ref:2172147)   #4
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The More Visable the location for your companies decals the higher the costs.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 11:39 (Ref:2172165)   #5
Maxafi
Rookie

Maxafi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
The More Visable the location for your companies decals the higher the costs.
That goes without saying!

I'm cautious of starting to talk with people until I have at least a ballpark figure to work with - I don't want to approach teams/drivers full of enthusiasm, only to find our budget will only stretch to a logo on the t-shirt of the tea boy
Old 7 Apr 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2172272)   #6
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxafi
That goes without saying!

I'm cautious of starting to talk with people until I have at least a ballpark figure to work with - I don't want to approach teams/drivers full of enthusiasm, only to find our budget will only stretch to a logo on the t-shirt of the tea boy
I have part of one of my old brochures for you outlining costs if its of any interest to you

i've sent you a PM, it will probably be the 450th one you have recieved today
Old 7 Apr 2008, 15:00 (Ref:2172380)   #7
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want to Sponsor a series, pick that searies and find their web site. Or a team in a particular series. Contat the team or find their web sites. "British FFord or F3, possibly British GT"

I would send the teams a generic letter asking for Sponsorship proposals.

a few things to ask:

Who are they?
What is or was their exposure? Winning is not the only exposure
TV, News Print, flyers, web site hits.

What marketing they do out side or motor racing?

What promotion items to they use?

What would they provide in return for sponsorship?
( I offer to teach High Performance Driving Skills at track days)

What are they looking for: Partner, technical help, and if they could get anything OTHER then money? what would it be?

and finally what is their annual race budget?

Now another popular way to sponsor teams is called "contingency sponsorship."

Contingency sponsorship is when the team puts your small 3"x10" stickers on the sides of their cars and one in a visible place on front of their car. They place 1st in their class with at least 5 other entered they get X
or if the get 2nd place in their class with at least 5 other they get Y

In many cases that X or Y is not money but discounts ie ABC sponsorship Money to buy your ABC Sponsors products at huge discounts.
Winner get 200 pound discount on your products, 2nd place gets 100 pound ( sorry dont have the BP character ) discount on your products.

Remember some team may not have the proper IMAGE for your company either.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 7 Apr 2008 at 15:02.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 12:22 (Ref:2172221)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or you could just advertise on Ten-Tenths and reach thousands of people all over the world.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 12:39 (Ref:2172245)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Or ideally just send me a blank cheque !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Apr 2008, 15:08 (Ref:2172390)   #10
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monoposto Championship is looking for a championship sponsor - its the clubs 50th anniversary this year.

www.monoposto.co.uk

These have two races per meeting, one for 2 litre single seaters - ex F3 cars, Formula Renaults, FF2000, Form Vauxhall Lotus, ranging from 2001 Dallara F3's down to early 1980's FF2000s

Other series is for 1200cc bike engined cars - Jedis, JKS Speads and so on, 1600 and 1800 Formula Fords

Twice the exposure per race meeting...