Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Aug 2002, 16:52 (Ref:363058)   #1
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Video By Duke

I recieved my DVD from amazon yesterday of this years race only to find out it is a 4:3 format (not widescreen) and is in MONO sound not even stereo. What is happening to the world!!
Old 21 Aug 2002, 17:41 (Ref:363077)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

As a LM addict (or maniac, or fiend... my teacher FG will correct me... ), I rushed on this DVD when I saw it on the web and ordered it at Duke video.

I had it one week ago, and was pleased to watch it (three or four time already, I don't know...), but I think ACO one is more complete...

BTW, the ACO could be in 4:3 too...

I'll by the ACO one too, anyway (just in case )...
Old 21 Aug 2002, 18:40 (Ref:363121)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh this is something I didn't realise. Are there two differnt DVD verions out there? Seems odd!

Which is best?
Old 22 Aug 2002, 05:23 (Ref:363395)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Oh this is something I didn't realise. Are there two differnt DVD verions out there? Seems odd!

Which is best?
FG and me posted some PM about this : the best could be the ACO' one, but neither FG or me had seen the two...

ACO' one is longer (170', against 107' for Duke)...

Last edited by Fab; 22 Aug 2002 at 05:23.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 23:37 (Ref:364063)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm. I'd noticed the difference in lengths , but had just put this down to typos or the general vagueness about the specs. I think I'll be getting the ACO version, unless I hear different from you guys!
Old 23 Aug 2002, 22:27 (Ref:364766)   #6
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ACO DVD that I have only has a French commentary. They should be one available in English but do check first.

It is also 4/3. This doesn't surprise me as getting 16/9 cameras around the track would be very expensive.

FG

Last edited by FG1; 23 Aug 2002 at 22:29.
Old 24 Aug 2002, 22:34 (Ref:365331)   #7
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Video in Widescreen (16:9)

Speedtribe did a very nice DVD in widescreen with lots of on track cameras and also managed to do stereo.
I think the only real reason to purchase this on DVD rather than VHS is that the box is smaller.

However I think both videos are great they relive the experience every time I watch them. Both portray the event in diffent ways but a bit more attention to detail wouldn't go a miss.
Old 25 Aug 2002, 17:49 (Ref:365643)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bought it on Video yesterday while I was shopping on Oxford street - Going to watch it tonight - One thing I picked the DVD up aswell and it was only a Ā£1 more expensive that the video in HMV
Old 26 Aug 2002, 11:05 (Ref:365899)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Watch the video last night at it one the best review tapes I have seen, Duke have done a really good job and after a break of 8 years the Radio Le Mans commentry finaly re-appears - but the bad news is it is only for about 2 minutes........
Old 30 Aug 2002, 21:03 (Ref:369462)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Aswell as buying this year race - I also bought 1989 as well just watch that and that is a great video as well, still after 1988 too
Old 30 Aug 2002, 21:21 (Ref:369471)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For good Le Mans/Sportscar footage on DVD check out the Duke DVD 'Porsche the Legendary Cars' that covers all of Porsches racing sportscars. As well as footage from LeMans, Mosport IMSA GTP race in the early 80s and lots of other footage, there is also contempory footage from HSR historic events in the US.
Old 3 Dec 2002, 22:27 (Ref:442168)   #12
hyphen
Rookie

hyphen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a brief speedtribe review here:
http://www.industrialnation.com/index2.html
Old 3 Dec 2002, 22:50 (Ref:442189)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know the full title of the ACO DVD? Ive got the Duke DVD had that for about 3 months but havent heard of the ACO version, anyone got a link to where i can get it?
Old 3 Dec 2002, 23:06 (Ref:442199)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've got the Duke DVD but I can't watch it.

Mrs. Aysedasi is giving it to me for Xmas and I'm not allowed to watch it until then.......
Old 4 Dec 2002, 00:18 (Ref:442237)   #15
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lol bummer, dont worry dude when u watch it, its worth the wait! If not just to see the Hawian tropic gals lol.
Old 4 Dec 2002, 13:11 (Ref:442531)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
lol bummer, dont worry dude when u watch it, its worth the wait! If not just to see the Hawian tropic gals lol.
Excellent! How many of the 107 minutes are devoted to the lovely ladies?
Old 4 Dec 2002, 20:09 (Ref:442768)   #17
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
In fact I am on the Video I think - the near the start of the race there shot of the start straight and there are some blokes in Green wigs I am stood next to them ! ! !
Old 4 Dec 2002, 22:12 (Ref:442864)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fame at last, eh Rob?

I've been going for 17 years and I haven't made it onto a video yet!
Old 5 Dec 2002, 00:07 (Ref:442965)   #19
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I made it on to Radio Le Mans this year! Hopefully next time they read the name out it'll be with yours truly behind the wheel!
Old 5 Dec 2002, 07:53 (Ref:443087)   #20
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
I made it on to Radio Le Mans this year! Hopefully next time they read the name out it'll be with yours truly behind the wheel!
I also had about 4 e-mails read out on RLM this year before I went and the year before I 3 or 4 read out...............
Old 5 Dec 2002, 15:43 (Ref:443405)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I've got the Duke DVD but I can't watch it.

Mrs. Aysedasi is giving it to me for Xmas and I'm not allowed to watch it until then.......
Who's the man at home, Ayse ? Just kidding...
Old 30 Dec 2002, 13:53 (Ref:460106)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Who's the man at home, Ayse ? Just kidding...

Moi!!

And I now have my present. Good DVD
Old 30 Dec 2002, 14:04 (Ref:460116)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Moi!!

And I now have my present. Good DVD
Darn I haven't even had any LM present ! I expected the ACO DVD, or maybe a real GT1 (well, a secondhand, if we sell well the house... and maybe the kids too... ahem...).

Last edited by Fab; 30 Dec 2002 at 14:04.
Old 30 Dec 2002, 16:58 (Ref:460254)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
and I can still not find the 1988 race anywhere.............
Old 30 Dec 2002, 17:25 (Ref:460286)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
and I can still not find the 1988 race anywhere.............
I'm on my second copy. I wore out the first one (which I bought after the 88 race) and managed to get hold of another copy 2-3 years ago. Have Duke not got it?

And sad news for me as well Fab, Mrs. Aysedasi didn't buy me the road-going Toyota GT-One for Christmas. Something about it not fitting in my stocking.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 30 Dec 2002 at 17:26.