Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Mar 2003, 14:37 (Ref:536119)   #1
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Le Mans - on DVD

I have just noticed and pre-ordered Le Mans the 1971 Steve McQueen movie on DVD widescreen. It is due for release in the UK on 2nd June 2003 but can be preordered onhttp://dvdworld.co.uk/product_body.asp?pf%5FID=69666

Last edited by Mal; 14 Mar 2003 at 14:38.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 20:05 (Ref:536348)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is the best bit of news I have heard all day ! ! !
Old 14 Mar 2003, 20:57 (Ref:536398)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tremendous news! An essential item for the majority of people who visit this forum, I suspect - and released just in time for LM 2003!
Old 15 Mar 2003, 07:45 (Ref:536694)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I'll by mine on the spot, if it's sold here... just for fun !
Old 3 Apr 2003, 20:33 (Ref:557682)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just been looking on ebay and there are already people selling a copy of the DVD on there.
Old 4 Apr 2003, 07:11 (Ref:558007)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has anyone seen it in any shops yet?
Old 1 May 2003, 20:18 (Ref:586651)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Picked mine up from Minigrid today. Haven't opened it yet, but reading the back, there aren't any significant extras.

I can't believe that they couldn't put together another half hour of good racing footage, either from the race, or the summer shooting. Maybe that'll be reserved for the Gold Collector's edition (along with "The Making Of" and other sundry items).

Guess I'll have to buy that one, too.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 2 May 2003, 13:14 (Ref:587334)   #8
Waco Racer
Rookie

Waco Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans DVD

Woo Hoo!!! My Le Mans DVD arrived yesterday! My wife bought it for my birthday, which is tomorrow. She also bought Grand Prix and Bullitt for me. How awesome is that?

Last edited by Waco Racer; 2 May 2003 at 13:15.
Old 2 May 2003, 19:33 (Ref:587889)   #9
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got it yesterday, a bit thin on the special feature side compare to the DVD nowadays, but since its Le Mans, I am not going to complain....
Old 3 May 2003, 08:23 (Ref:588263)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Has anyone any idea how long it will be before we see it actually in the shops, as opposed to Amazon or whatever?
Old 3 May 2003, 19:34 (Ref:588665)   #11
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Region 1 coded discs (USA) are already available from some online shops, but those of us with Region 2 coding (UK & Europe) will have to wait until the 7th July before the DVD is available.
Old 3 May 2003, 20:34 (Ref:588704)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
7th July????????????
Old 3 May 2003, 20:47 (Ref:588716)   #13
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
According to my advanced order with DVDworld, it is released on 2nd June in the UK
Old 3 May 2003, 21:21 (Ref:588747)   #14
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going by the date I was given by Play.com when I ordered from them. My appologies if this differs to any other info given.
Old 4 May 2003, 17:05 (Ref:589293)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh well, whichever it is that's not so long away.
Old 18 May 2003, 20:59 (Ref:602884)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Just had a quick look on www.hmv.co.uk and the say it is going to be released on 2/6/03, not long to wait now.....
Old 18 May 2003, 21:25 (Ref:602921)   #17
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A making of LM the movie is also in production. Would be a good companion of Le mans and the Speed Merchants DVD.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 18:02 (Ref:618120)   #18
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire

The movie was meant to be out - so I called at my local HMV, on the way home from work to to purchase it - no sign

Just checked the HMV website and DVD world and they both say it is now out on 07 July instead
Old 2 Jun 2003, 18:10 (Ref:618133)   #19
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bought mine at Tower three weeks ago, and lovin' every replay of it.

Thank god for Home Theater systems.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 21:12 (Ref:618395)   #20
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones

The movie was meant to be out - so I called at my local HMV, on the way home from work to to purchase it - no sign

Just checked the HMV website and DVD world and they both say it is now out on 07 July instead
Mine is on back order with DVD world and I checked it out today and yes it now says 7th July
Old 3 Jun 2003, 18:14 (Ref:619490)   #21
Nick M
Rookie

Nick M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't you just buy it from Amazon.com in the US then ?

Most DVD players in the UK can be hacked to play discs from any region so it really shouldn't be an issue.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 18:47 (Ref:619543)   #22
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's also NTSC versus PAL. The North American standard is less robust than the one used in the UK. (To confuse things, in France there's yet another - SECAM).

Anyone with a new enough TV and player should be able to run either, though (in theory). You just have to switch via the setup menus of your machines. Fab has successfully watched a VideoCD I sent in NTSC format...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 3 Jun 2003, 19:31 (Ref:619578)   #23
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So has anyone got a copy on DVD that is going to Le Mans??

Assuming we can "grab" an electrical hook-up at Houx Annexe, I'm thinking......Laptop......Projector.....3M White side wall on the gazebo???
Old 4 Jun 2003, 21:09 (Ref:621091)   #24
Nick M
Rookie

Nick M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anyone with a new enough TV and player should be able to run either, though (in theory). You just have to switch via the setup menus of your machines. Fab has successfully watched a VideoCD I sent in NTSC format...
You probably don't even need to do that - I watch region 2 DVDs on a (nominally) region 1 machine (which has been hacked to make it multi-region) without any need to play around swapping from NTSC to PAL. The output from the DVD player to the TV (which is NTSC, PAL or SECAM) is separate from the coding on the disc and remains the same whatever disc it's reading.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 00:11 (Ref:621289)   #25
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Really? I've been told by someone at Duke video that a PAL only release won't play on my NTSC system even though my DVD is also multiregion. (But I should be able to switch both, should that be a problem) So what you're saying is it doesn't matter PAL vs NTSC so long as both the player and the TV are the same?

I burned a VideoCD in NTSC and when my dad tried to play it, he only got B&W until he switched his from PAL to NTSC. His TV is NTSC only, though, and I don't know if that's why...

-Bill James