Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 Aug 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4068086)   #1
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Meat Le Mans at home - What are you Cooking/Drinking?

I don't really watch any traditional sports, so things like the superbowl, world series, finals of any sport come and go with no fanfare for me. I do watch tons of racing, and for fun I try to make the endurance events more special by loosely cooking the cuisine of that region.

I'm no chef and as a pretty cheap American, we're talking things like pizza for monza lol. That kind of thing. I did try to make my own spaetzle for Nurburgring.

With more people following the race from home this year, what is everyone else cooking or drinking?

So far I'm thinking scrambled eggs with chives on sliced baguette for breakfast.

Brunch will be Trader Joe's chocolate croissants (think pain au chocolat). Someone brought them over a number of years ago and have been a Le Mans staple for me.

Savory crepes for lunch. The ACO thought it brilliant to schedule Le Mans on my wedding anniversary this year, so this will likely be a lunch outing with wife.

For dinner I was thinking something like pecan crusted trout and grilled french beans. Then steak was on sale so it looks like I'm going that route now. Steak and beans felt a little light, so I think I'll also try making tartiflette. It probably isn't the most french dinner, but it should still be good!

Last year I picked up some Kronenbourg 1664, which wasn't bad. Probably repeating that this year.

What's everyone else's plans?