Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Sep 2022, 17:10 (Ref:4125246)   #151
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I pity anyone who has to share a car with Betty Chen, she's one of the worst I've ever seen. Good for Fender to get out, he doesn't deserve that.
That's a bit harsh! She's been putting in some really good GT4 lap times ...
Old 7 Sep 2022, 22:53 (Ref:4125260)   #152
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, top of the class!
Old 8 Sep 2022, 20:43 (Ref:4125352)   #153
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do you think, they will race this weekend after the passing from the queen?
Old 9 Sep 2022, 04:45 (Ref:4125376)   #154
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doubt it, as far as i understand it the football fixtures are being postponed, England v South Africa cricket test match postponed and Clarissa Shields v Savannah Marshall boxing show postponed, Horse racing postponed. Basically everything.

Last edited by tux; 9 Sep 2022 at 04:51.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 06:35 (Ref:4125381)   #155
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Doubt it, as far as i understand it the football fixtures are being postponed, England v South Africa cricket test match postponed and Clarissa Shields v Savannah Marshall boxing show postponed, Horse racing postponed. Basically everything.
Although British Superbikes event at Snetterton is still going ahead so
Old 9 Sep 2022, 07:11 (Ref:4125382)   #156
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Although British Superbikes event at Snetterton is still going ahead so
AFAIK - the majority of Friday's sporting events have been postponed / cancelled - but Saturday onwards is still TBC for a lot of sports. DCMS are consulting today with a lot of governing bodies.

It is also worth noting that a lot of the confirmed cancellations are due to the demands on policing, so each sport may be a case-by-case basis.

Tour Of Britain - "This decision has been taken in consultation with stakeholders and partners in light of operational circumstances, including the understandable reassignment of police resource at this time."
Old 9 Sep 2022, 08:45 (Ref:4125389)   #157
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSV make no mention of any cancellations although there is a statement from Jonathan Palmer on the passing of the Queen acknowledging her magnificent reign.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 11:02 (Ref:4125401)   #158
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All football for this weekend has just been cancelled on instruction from the DCMS. Would imagine that will probably be the same for all other sports. Completely bonkers.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 11:23 (Ref:4125404)   #159
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
All football for this weekend has just been cancelled on instruction from the DCMS. Would imagine that will probably be the same for all other sports. Completely bonkers.
Can you please expand on what is 'completely bonkers'? I'm not sure I understand the context of the statement.

And it's not on the instruction of DCMS, but guidance. "The government's national mourning guidance advised that cancelling fixtures was not obligatory, leaving the decision up to individual sports."
Old 9 Sep 2022, 12:07 (Ref:4125412)   #160
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Can you please expand on what is 'completely bonkers'? I'm not sure I understand the context of the statement.
Why is it always you that doesn't understand posts on here until they are re-stated half a dozen times? No-one else seems to have this problem.

It's completely bonkers to be cancelling all sports, even grass-roots level, because of the death of one (no matter how significant person). The under 11s not getting their weekend game, who have missed so much in recent history, is not going to bring her back.

And you are smart enough to know that the only reason it is "guidance" is because it avoids insurers having to pay out. Much like the very early days of the coronavirus cancellations.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 12:18 (Ref:4125414)   #161
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Why is it always you that doesn't understand posts on here until they are re-stated half a dozen times? No-one else seems to have this problem.

And you are smart enough to know that the only reason it is "guidance" is because it avoids insurers having to pay out. Much like the very early days of the coronavirus cancellations.
I merely asked for clarification, because I was unsure if you meant the cancellation of football was bonkers, or that the sports still going ahead was bonkers.

And yes, it is guidance, which is why a lot of other sports are still going ahead.
For example - British horse racing will return on Sunday, with rugby union's Premiership season beginning on Saturday after two fixtures on Friday were postponed.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 12:33 (Ref:4125415)   #162
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
TBH i just presumed that once one sport postponed the rest would follow because of the risk of "bad PR".

Official government advice is - "There is no obligation to cancel or postpone events and sporting fixtures, or close entertainment venues during the National Mourning period. This is at the discretion of individual organisations. As a mark of respect, organisations might wish to consider cancelling or postponing events or closing venues on the day of the State Funeral. They are under no obligation to do so and this is entirely at the discretion of individual organisations."

Personally im glad that its a free choice.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 14:42 (Ref:4125425)   #163
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
TBH i just presumed that once one sport postponed the rest would follow because of the risk of "bad PR".

Official government advice is - "There is no obligation to cancel or postpone events and sporting fixtures, or close entertainment venues during the National Mourning period. This is at the discretion of individual organisations. As a mark of respect, organisations might wish to consider cancelling or postponing events or closing venues on the day of the State Funeral. They are under no obligation to do so and this is entirely at the discretion of individual organisations."

Personally im glad that its a free choice.
The amount of sports actually going ahead is increasing by the hour.
It was a tough decision for football - and there is no real right or wrong in this situation - but football and boxing appear to be the exceptions currently.

Test Cricket, IT20, Golf PGA are all on this Saturday - and Horse Racing resumes on Sunday.

I think it seems disingenuous to claim that the DCMS guidance was anything more than just that - and each sport makes its own decision. There has been no 'instruction', or even guidance that suggest a postponement is the right thing to do. As you quote - the guidance is that on the day of the funeral, organisers of events are 'suggested' to avoid a clash of timings with the service.

British GT has no reason to postpone / cancel - unless the organisers feel otherwise.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 15:01 (Ref:4125430)   #164
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The event will be going ahead.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 06:54 (Ref:4125791)   #165
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An initial wander through my snaps here - more will follow - https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA6GXP
Old 20 Sep 2022, 08:46 (Ref:4126560)   #166
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
An initial wander through my snaps here - more will follow - https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA6GXP
Nice set. Really like the pack shot you got with the GT4 Mustang (turning into Surtees?).

Just uploaded some pictures, few favourites...

...and a few more here:

Flickr - British GT 2022 Round 8
Old 20 Sep 2022, 08:48 (Ref:4126561)   #167
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you. Yes, the Mustang is turning into Surtees - its a good location for cars and bikes.
Old 6 Oct 2022, 12:54 (Ref:4128889)   #168
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see a few additional entries for the Donington decider
Old 15 Oct 2022, 20:14 (Ref:4130410)   #169
JTN358AT
Rookie

JTN358AT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be interesting to see how the GT Cup winners Orange and O'Brian do.

Last edited by JTN358AT; 15 Oct 2022 at 20:35.
Old 16 Oct 2022, 11:23 (Ref:4130484)   #170
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Final round live on SkySports 12:30
Old 18 Oct 2022, 09:13 (Ref:4130688)   #171
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAbmMp

Different approach for the final round at Donington. Left the usual kit at home (including the step) and took the family D3400 and 55-200mm kit lens. Madness ?

Well, there were a lot less "keepers" - but enough decent shots to justify the decision, I think.