Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Dec 2022, 02:09 (Ref:4137092)   #126
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Fred is clearly capable and a no-bullsh kind of fellow - total straight shooter. May be just what the Scuderia needs - someone with his elbows out, going hard, living on Italian Breakfast Tea (espresso) and with the competitive drive and "eyes on".

The big thing (as always) will be whether the top brass at Ferrari let him get on with it, accepting that results will vary or if instead the top brass start to undermine and play games when times are a bit tough.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 10:06 (Ref:4137118)   #127
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Fred is clearly capable and a no-bullsh kind of fellow - total straight shooter. May be just what the Scuderia needs - someone with his elbows out, going hard, living on Italian Breakfast Tea (espresso) and with the competitive drive and "eyes on".

The big thing (as always) will be whether the top brass at Ferrari let him get on with it, accepting that results will vary or if instead the top brass start to undermine and play games when times are a bit tough.

I think that will be the only thing that matter. It's been the ruin of Ferrari since the days of Enzo.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 10:08 (Ref:4137119)   #128
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I hope he can mirror Ferrari history.
80s, 90s - throw away championships, find new inventive ways to lose, bit of a joke.
Jean Todt and co come in, build the team around MSC, dominate.

Hopefully Fred can be Todt 2.0 - but I believe they need to build the team around Charles.

I disagree. Carlos wont play that game for long, and they need someone that strong to be there when Leclerc makes his mistakes.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 10:31 (Ref:4137124)   #129
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Of course this isn't the first time Fred will have worked with Leclerc. Indeed he worked with him in Charles debut season with Sauber
Old 14 Dec 2022, 21:42 (Ref:4137210)   #130
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I disagree. Carlos wont play that game for long, and they need someone that strong to be there when Leclerc makes his mistakes.
Not quiz related, but what does Sebastian Vettel, Michael Schumacher, Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton all have in common...?
Old 17 Jan 2023, 08:02 (Ref:4140376)   #131
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems that Ferrari (at least according to reports in Italy) and RBPT are at the centre of a power (no pun intended) struggle ahead of the 2026 regulations.

In short, the story is that:

The FIA are recognising RBPT as a 'new' builder and as a result allowing certain concessions related to their engine. These include additional workbench hours and an expanded budget of an additional $25million budget to develop the 'new' power unit.

In response to this, Ferrari are reported to have reached an agreement prior to them signing the 2026 agreement that places certain restrictions on other teams and their proposed amendments / inclusions. This is reported to have been the only way that Ferrari would agree to the new regulations, although the details of which proposals have been blocked are not known publicly yet.

It seems that the teams are engaged in a battle, and Ferrari still has the largest bargaining power of all entrants.
Old 17 Jan 2023, 09:38 (Ref:4140382)   #132
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Interesting background information there,I'd rather like the FIA to accept a couple of new teams and share the Ferrari additional payments between the existing teams to smooth the transition.If Ferrari would like to continue on the same basis as the others-OK.If they continue to believe they are somehow "special" on the basis of long past achievements then let them wither outside the circus.They won't be the first formerly successful team to disappear as any longtime enthusiast can confirm.It is of course the pinnacle of irony that an outfit that has had such a long period of receiving additional benefits has achieved so little in recent years and now seeks to intervene when one of the other competitors stands a chance of gaining an additional resource.

Do we think that Andretti Global ought to paint their cars red?
Old 23 Jan 2023, 02:46 (Ref:4140974)   #133
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Interesting background information there,I'd rather like the FIA to accept a couple of new teams and share the Ferrari additional payments between the existing teams to smooth the transition.If Ferrari would like to continue on the same basis as the others-OK.If they continue to believe they are somehow "special" on the basis of long past achievements then let them wither outside the circus.They won't be the first formerly successful team to disappear as any longtime enthusiast can confirm.It is of course the pinnacle of irony that an outfit that has had such a long period of receiving additional benefits has achieved so little in recent years and now seeks to intervene when one of the other competitors stands a chance of gaining an additional resource.

Do we think that Andretti Global ought to paint their cars red?
Yes.
Red with white horizontal stripes....
But the engine cover can be blue with white stars.....
Old 23 Jan 2023, 05:42 (Ref:4140979)   #134
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

This 100%
Old 23 Jan 2023, 15:07 (Ref:4141010)   #135
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In response to this, Ferrari are reported to have reached an agreement prior to them signing the 2026 agreement that places certain restrictions on other teams and their proposed amendments / inclusions. This is reported to have been the only way that Ferrari would agree to the new regulations, although the details of which proposals have been blocked are not known publicly yet.
Boo! I thought they had stopped the "special agreements" with Ferrari.

Quote:
Agree.

But I think what Ferrari will say they bring is fans (even if as a team they underperform). And I think they do that more than any other team. My question is... Are a substantial number of the Ferrari F1 fans going to walk away from F1 if Ferrari was to leave? My guess there would be a dip in the first year or two, but the numbers would recover and will be fine. F1 is bigger than any one team. F1 should stop rolling over for Ferrari.

Richard
Old 23 Jan 2023, 15:55 (Ref:4141015)   #136
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
live attendance/ticket sales would surely go down and while most fans dont care about certain venues, would Abu Dhabi and their Ferrari world neighbour pull out as well?

i suspect would also be a massive hit for the TV rights.

but most importantly, if Ferrari goes i suspect the valuation of the sport would also go down tremendously (to the tune of billions of dollars decrease?) so i suspect liberty will not allow that to happen. rather would the sovereign wealth funds be willing to invest so much into F1 if Ferrari wasnt there?

aside from the live attendance, im not saying these are bad things mind you just saying that the powers that be would see all the other teams leave first before they let Ferrari go.
Old 9 Feb 2023, 14:34 (Ref:4143282)   #137
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The list of official partners for Scuderia Ferrari in 2023 does not include Mission Winnow.....
Old 11 Feb 2023, 10:23 (Ref:4143446)   #138
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The list of official partners for Scuderia Ferrari in 2023 does not include Mission Winnow.....
Have they finally ended that partnership after about 50 years?
Old 11 Feb 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4143447)   #139
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I came out a year or two ago that it was unlikely to be renewed after 2022.
Old 11 Feb 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4143464)   #140
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/up-in-smoke-end-of-the-marlboro-money-that-lit-up-f1/?v=79cba1185463#:~:text=With%20Phillip%20Morris'%20title%20sponsorship,F1%20and%20Marlboro%20%E2%80% 93%20for%20now.
Old 12 Feb 2023, 09:14 (Ref:4143505)   #141
S griffin
Veteran

Wonder if they will find a new sponsor or they will just continue as Scuderia Ferrari? I'm sure they have enough cash anyway.
Old 12 Feb 2023, 09:59 (Ref:4143510)   #142
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I came out a year or two ago that it was unlikely to be renewed after 2022.
Sorry, this should have read "It came out..."

It isn't new news.
Old 14 Feb 2023, 05:48 (Ref:4143645)   #143
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
And - in the last 24 hours Mission Winnow has appeared again in the list of official partners......
Old 14 Feb 2023, 10:45 (Ref:4143651)   #144
peebee2
Veteran

Maybe they’re back!
Old 14 Feb 2023, 13:37 (Ref:4143667)   #145
S griffin
Veteran

Maybe they never left
Old 7 Mar 2023, 13:28 (Ref:4146210)   #146
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So as expected the Italian press has got stuck into Ferrari. They are a special lot...
Old 14 Mar 2023, 14:26 (Ref:4147024)   #147
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lots of press reports in Italy today that:

* CEO Vigna is meddling in sporting affairs
* TP Vasseur is playing hardball with all of Binotto's acolytes, either telling them or encouraging them to leave
* The car's performance really doesn't match the CFD or wind tunnel data
* Leclerc has apparently been talking to Elkann (Stellantis big cheese)
* Vasseur wants more power over hiring and firing but Vigna won't let him

Fairly normal Tuesday at Maranello, then!
Old 15 Mar 2023, 17:54 (Ref:4147195)   #148
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
* TP Vasseur is playing hardball with all of Binotto's acolytes, either telling them or encouraging them to leave
Burning down the team that produced the second fastest car, and continual improvements since 2020, seems a catastrophically bad idea. Surely Vasseur is not foolish enough to do this?

Firing Binotto was dumb enough by Ferrari, getting rid of Ferrari's experienced and skilled senior staff aligned with Binotto too would be stupid in the extreme in my opnion.
Old 15 Mar 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4147199)   #149
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Burning down the team that produced the second fastest car, and continual improvements since 2020, seems a catastrophically bad idea. Surely Vasseur is not foolish enough to do this?

Firing Binotto was dumb enough by Ferrari, getting rid of Ferrari's experienced and skilled senior staff aligned with Binotto too would be stupid in the extreme in my opnion.
Only as stupid as firing all the non Italians in the post Todt / Brawn era….
Old 15 Mar 2023, 19:02 (Ref:4147206)   #150
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Todt/Brawn/Schumacher years seem to have been the only period of time in the team's history where they did not repeatedly take aim at their own feet.