Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Mar 2015, 19:25 (Ref:3520533)   #1401
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes but that will not happen, with 56 cars all blasting around there will be incidents and they will cause some safety car periods, and i think the Audi's will be on the pace this year
Old 27 Mar 2015, 21:43 (Ref:3520624)   #1402
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A 60-car grid that's brilliant news. Hopefully it will give the ACO a bit more freedom and impetus to target some one-offs/experimental entries.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 07:08 (Ref:3520757)   #1403
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
A 60-car grid that's brilliant news. Hopefully it will give the ACO a bit more freedom and impetus to target some one-offs/experimental entries.
yes that would be a better idea than a load of slow but rich drivers in seriously outclassed cars causing problems for the actual race cars
Old 31 Mar 2015, 17:20 (Ref:3522353)   #1404
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the 4 garages are for next year, the 10-tenths meeting thread will appear soon.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 11:54 (Ref:3523332)   #1405
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to a dutch newspaper WEC and also ACO racedirector Gerard Nevue bans all gridgirls for 2015. It is they say not of this era. I really don't agree gridgirls belong in motorsports.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 21:21 (Ref:3523543)   #1406
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
According to a dutch newspaper WEC and also ACO racedirector Gerard Nevue bans all gridgirls for 2015. It is they say not of this era. I really don't agree grid girls belong in motorsports.
To be perfectly honest. I really don't care about the grid girls.
I'm watching motorsport to watch cars, not girls.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 21:41 (Ref:3523548)   #1407
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No more on the subject here chaps - there's a dedicated thread for it elsewhere in Sportscars. You can have too much of a good thing, you know......
Old 7 Apr 2015, 19:47 (Ref:3524815)   #1408
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Just found a video of the 2014 start from about 10 seats to my left. And I can also see myself for a few seconds filming the start with my phone and its hopeless microphone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9m3Hhe-L_4

66 and a half days to go until the goosebumps return. And the reminder of why we all keep coming back.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 17:02 (Ref:3526156)   #1409
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To all you lucky 'basterts' attending Silverstone, ENJOY I'm so jealouse
luckily it is only 54 days to the start of the big one, getting close now
Old 11 Apr 2015, 19:35 (Ref:3526230)   #1410
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Rough prediction of pole speed at Le Mans, considering how much faster the cars were at Ricard.

1:41.289 -> 1:37.220 - 4.2% improvement in average speed over a lap. Applying that to the 3:22.146 set by the fastest Porsche last year, we get...

... wait for it...

3:14.007.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 21:16 (Ref:3526247)   #1411
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Rough prediction of pole speed at Le Mans, considering how much faster the cars were at Ricard.

1:41.289 -> 1:37.220 - 4.2% improvement in average speed over a lap. Applying that to the 3:22.146 set by the fastest Porsche last year, we get...

... wait for it...

3:14.007.
And that is without considering that Le Mans is a high speed circuit more suited for Porsche, so we could actually assume a larger improvement.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 16:39 (Ref:3527713)   #1412
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
http://www.racexpress.nl/le-mans/jan...n-2017/n/65843

I am sorry it is in dutch, but this is Jan Lammers talking about LM 2016 attending together with Frits van Eerd looking for a car, tyres supplier and drivers. I'm hoping for a all dutch team, easily possible I think. It does not say wich catagorie, only they come out to tell more in 1 or 2 months. I'm guessing LMP2. He also talks about attending in 2017 in garage 56 in a special project with TU delft. And about almost having the age 60, to be a bronze driver (2017).
Looking very much forward to this
Old 16 Apr 2015, 20:10 (Ref:3528054)   #1413
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
http://inmotion.tue.nl/

More info on the 2017 garage 56 project.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 20:49 (Ref:3528064)   #1414
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks cool!
Old 17 Apr 2015, 12:05 (Ref:3528205)   #1415
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
The university is Eindhoven, not Delft. Sorry to nitpick. Still very interesting of course!
Old 17 Apr 2015, 13:23 (Ref:3528231)   #1416
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
With failing to find the Could Peugeot return to Le Mans, Thread, I'll just post this here:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/6...-R-HYbrid.html
Peugeot Sport, Bruno Famin, hasn't forgotten the 908 or Le Mans it seems.
All the latest Peugeot Concepts has powerful heavy hybrid systems.
Could Peugeot be looking at a return, once their economy picks up, once again? (if it does)
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3528250)   #1417
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't see any relevance. Just because it's built by old racing team and has three digit number with the last two being 08 doesn't mean automatic 908 reference, and there is zero reference to Le Mans or anything in the article. As for hybrid cars, most manufacturers are turning eyes into it because of market demand so it's just business.

Though, they did recently say elsewhere earlier that they could consider return at some point if they got finances sorted out and costs in running in these circles come down. Which with Scrooge McToyota pushing things down with FIA could happen sooner than later...

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Apr 2015 at 15:17.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:26 (Ref:3528264)   #1418
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I don't see any relevance. Just because it's built by old racing team and has three digit number with the last two being 08 doesn't mean automatic 908 reference, and there is zero reference to Le Mans or anything in the article. As for hybrid cars, most manufacturers are turning eyes into it because of market demand so it's just business.

Though, they did recently say elsewhere earlier that they could consider return at some point if they got finances sorted out and costs in running in these circles come down. Which with Scrooge McToyota pushing things down with FIA could happen sooner than later...
What!?:
Quote:
"PEUGEOT Sport's expertise applies an uncompromising approach to meeting targets. With our experience in hybrid vehicles developed with the PEUGEOT 908, the high-performance hybrid powertrain fitted to the 308 gives a glimpse of the potential for ultra-sports models in the future," says Bruno Famin, Director at PEUGEOT Sport.
Read the article properly first, next time
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:29 (Ref:3528268)   #1419
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Apologies!

But otherwise I don't see any other relevance
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:32 (Ref:3528272)   #1420
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Apologies!

But otherwise I don't see any other relevance
The relevance is that Peugeot wants to market themselves as being one of the pioneers within Hybrid technology.
Right now, the biggest hybrid car manufactures (except Mercedes) is playing in the WEC.
If you want to prove you have the best hybrid system, then you need to beat them were it is developed, on the track.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:35 (Ref:3528275)   #1421
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
What a load of tosh from peugeot, the 908 hybrid never appeared, it got cancelled before ever turning a wheel, so what experiences did they have? Or did i miss it actually running somewhere?
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:38 (Ref:3528277)   #1422
Deleted
Veteran

There are many hybrid manufacturers with zero interest in WEC. I'm sure Peugeot wants to be here, I mean as I've said they've recently even said so if conditions are met, but road car with hybrid design is far cry from getting closer to that.

I don't think there is any argument between us that we want them back though. Of course we do.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:39 (Ref:3528279)   #1423
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
What a load of tosh from peugeot, the 908 hybrid never appeared, it got cancelled before ever turning a wheel, so what experiences did they have? Or did i miss it actually running somewhere?
It never raced, but they did build this, which I seem to remember did run a couple of times:
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:58 (Ref:3528285)   #1424
bckf
Rookie

bckf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering that 508 doesn't even have to actually turn a wheel, Peugeot can get some PR value at a minimum fraction of the cost of a Le Mans effort (let alone doing full WEC).
The way social media works makes motorsport activities almost redundant today, as reading about this concept car or a win at Le Mans is pretty much the same for the "uneducated" car buyer. Okay, it's not as cool as a racecar, but it's still cool enough, plus it looks like something they could buy one day, perhaps.
I'd love Peugeot coming back to Le mans, but I don't see it happening anytime soon, and for very good reasons.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 16:01 (Ref:3528287)   #1425
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Oh well i stand corrected if it did actually run, just can not actually recall any write ups at the time.