Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Jan 2023, 13:34 (Ref:4140638)   #101
Noel Brahimi
Rookie

Noel Brahimi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the first time in my life I will try cooking "French silk cake recipe" which I find quite complicated.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
  • Whipped cream and chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Slowly mix in the melted chocolate.
  4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  5. Stir in the vanilla and salt.
  6. Gradually mix in the flour until just combined.
  7. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  8. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
  9. Whip the cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form.
  10. Spread the whipped cream on top of the cooled cake and garnish with chocolate shavings, if desired.
Old 20 Jan 2023, 07:07 (Ref:4140698)   #102
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surely eating Century eggs would be fitting for the occasion?

Old 20 Jan 2023, 09:31 (Ref:4140704)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll pass.....
Old 20 Jan 2023, 10:20 (Ref:4140709)   #104
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yep i would rather drink a bottle of 100 year old port.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 17:23 (Ref:4161693)   #105
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I put some bread in and forgot to set a timer. How long has this SC been? About 25 minutes, OK I'll leave it a bit more.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 17:26 (Ref:4161697)   #106
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I put some bread in and forgot to set a timer. How long has this SC been? About 25 minutes, OK I'll leave it a bit more.
Food? Isn't that a different thread?
Old 10 Jun 2023, 17:27 (Ref:4161699)   #107
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Well there isn't a race to talk about so.....
Old 10 Jun 2023, 17:28 (Ref:4161703)   #108
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sorry - Off topic again.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 17:31 (Ref:4161711)   #109
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well there isn't a race to talk about so.....
I’m good for the SC to go in now.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9471.jpeg  
Old 10 Jun 2023, 17:33 (Ref:4161713)   #110
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So far I haven't eaten during the race. Planning some bacon through the night to early morning hours and possibly some pizza for the evening here.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 17:33 (Ref:4161714)   #111
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I’m good for the SC to go in now.
Mais non, baguettes s'il vous plais.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 17:43 (Ref:4161732)   #112
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20230610-WA0002.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	77287

Quiche Lorraine tartlets, pain au chocolat, goat cheese and honey toasted baguette, and bacon. The cheap kind from Walmart.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 17:52 (Ref:4161758)   #113
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Attachment 77287

Quiche Lorraine tartlets, pain au chocolat, goat cheese and honey toasted baguette, and bacon. The cheap kind from Walmart.
Looks great. I am about to cut the bread...
Old 10 Jun 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4161783)   #114
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Just made a ham and cheese sandwich with garden tomatoes, but for a twist I used naan and toasted the whole thing
Old 10 Jun 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4161820)   #115
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I missed the pictures this morning but I'll post some tomorrow of the spread.

Couple of the worst worst Bo biscuits I've ever had this morning started my day poorly.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 18:29 (Ref:4161866)   #116
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I missed the pictures this morning but I'll post some tomorrow of the spread.

Couple of the worst worst Bo biscuits I've ever had this morning started my day poorly.
You're eating Bo biscuits with your wife being a baker?
Old 10 Jun 2023, 19:01 (Ref:4161933)   #117
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
You're eating Bo biscuits with your wife being a baker?
She went to the farmers market this morning. And shhh, her biscuits ain't her strength either
Old 10 Jun 2023, 19:56 (Ref:4162002)   #118
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Surprised you're not talking about SC here… OK, take my coat!
Old 10 Jun 2023, 20:32 (Ref:4162060)   #119
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Haven't had any more food, but did have a Mexican Coke. Good stuff.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 20:45 (Ref:4162075)   #120
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Not Columbian Coke?
Old 10 Jun 2023, 20:54 (Ref:4162085)   #121
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Not Columbian Coke?
No the hippos were too aggressive in guarding it on my last trip.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 21:43 (Ref:4162158)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Well played sir
Old 10 Jun 2023, 23:07 (Ref:4162275)   #123
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
St. Louis style ribs ... struggling to keep the temps right in my smoker though
Old 10 Jun 2023, 23:22 (Ref:4162288)   #124
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Shake & Bake hippo ribs, worth the risk.

I'm eating pimento cheese sandwiches, baked sweet potatoes (real butter, sour cream, chives, pepper sauce).
Old 11 Jun 2023, 00:06 (Ref:4162341)   #125
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nice garden mater sammich for dinner and second pour of Larceny