Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 2022, 09:42 (Ref:4116404)   #51
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
...We've removed our dependence on electricity ....
Indeed. Investing in a couple of high quality Igloo coolboxes and pre-making blocks of ice removes any need for electric fridges.

We do use several of those aerosol sized gas canisters boiling the kettle though, perhaps I need to dig out my Kelly Kettle so we can burn the cardboard from the cases of beer to boil water.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 10:02 (Ref:4116407)   #52
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ones like these https://www.amazon.co.uk/PortaPow-Ra.../dp/B00Z7382EG

although no longer available - we bought them about 6-7 years ago. There are a few newer and better versions available now. Those ones are only 15W or so. It can easily charge a power bank if left charging all day. They're about 20x25cm in size. They fold out so have 3 panels.

The lighting we have is LED so runs off AA batteries
seconded the portable solar panels. handy for home use too - i’d go as far to say if you buy a power bank buy a set of these to go with it. mine sat on the patio charging my larger power bank quite happily yesterday, which is one less thing charging off the mains and racking up bills. they’ll never make their cost back in savings, but they’re really handy.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 10:03 (Ref:4116408)   #53
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
With some rumblings of a TenTenths International Camp reboot, right?
I think I had mentioned it some time during this years race.

So Yes, the international camp is coming back 2023.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 10:11 (Ref:4116410)   #54
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Indeed. Investing in a couple of high quality Igloo coolboxes and pre-making blocks of ice removes any need for electric fridges.

We do use several of those aerosol sized gas canisters boiling the kettle though, perhaps I need to dig out my Kelly Kettle so we can burn the cardboard from the cases of beer to boil water.
Hmm... that kettle should work well, but was awful if I remember rightly..
Old 20 Jun 2022, 10:23 (Ref:4116411)   #55
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hmm... that kettle should work well, but was awful if I remember rightly..
It worked ok, but you just got covered in smoke.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 12:11 (Ref:4116418)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The power bank won't work a.fridge. however if I take the Mach E next year it can power a fridge without draining the batteries too much.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 21:42 (Ref:4116475)   #57
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I have tickets but I am wavering on whether it was a good idea. Le Mans is not easy for photography, which is my reason for attending events. Peter Auto have reserved the Dunlop, Panorama, Raccordement, Wollek and T34 stands for their sponsors, club members etc. That eliminates about 75% of the best photo spots.

Plus if it is forecast to be 35C like it was this weekend, I wouldn’t go whatever.
If you've never been to the Classic, you may be surprised at how many photo opportunities there are.
You can get very close to the cars in the paddocks and collecting areas and with some luck get to chat with drivers of yesteryear. I'd be amazed if Henri Pescarolo and Jackie Ickx aren't there. A few years ago I helped Emanuele Pirro push a stalled GT40 out of harm's way on its way back to its paddock. Chatted with Derek Bell and Richard Attwood there too, many years after I first asked DB for his autograph at the race in 1981 that he and JI won.
Taking photos from grandstands isn't my cup of tea (beg your pardon, it's your choice!) but you might find CTD's map helpful, if you're prepared to do some walking.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...143371582&z=13
Loads of classic cars in the Clubs areas along with the concours cars on display.
Forecast is warm and sunny, upper 20s, rather than 30s, but bring a hat and lots of water.
Old 21 Jun 2022, 13:56 (Ref:4116540)   #58
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Taking photos from grandstands isn't my cup of tea (beg your pardon, it's your choice!) but you might find CTD's map helpful, if you're prepared to do some walking.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...143371582&z=13
Loads of classic cars in the Clubs areas along with the concours cars on display.
Forecast is warm and sunny, upper 20s, rather than 30s, but bring a hat and lots of water.
Very kind, thank you! I was at Le Mans 24 a couple of weeks ago so have a good idea where the promising areas are. My first lesson was to find a way to fit a larger step into my hand baggage! Since there will be about a million cars on track, I’ll have no problem filling up several memory cards, there will just be less shot variety than I ideally like.
Old 21 Jun 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4116555)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't forget to get out to Indianapolis/Arnage and Mulsanne. Plenty of great photo opportunities there.
Old 28 Jun 2022, 17:07 (Ref:4117351)   #60
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those that use them Brittany Ferries have put up their sailings for next June, although they have some technical issues at the moment stopping bookings!
Old 28 Jun 2022, 17:31 (Ref:4117355)   #61
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://youtu.be/pguoA3GtIng .. in 2023

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Jun 2022, 18:17 (Ref:4117359)   #62
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
For those that use them Brittany Ferries have put up their sailings for next June, although they have some technical issues at the moment stopping bookings!
Legend! Thanks for the heads up.

Site seemed to be working okay now. Managed to get the night boat back from Caen sorted.
Old 28 Jun 2022, 19:23 (Ref:4117367)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Booked......
Old 28 Jun 2022, 19:45 (Ref:4117371)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Booked......
Ditto. Out 6 June Night boat, back 12 June afternoon boat.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 06:22 (Ref:4117400)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Don't forget we also need a ETIAS waiver next year. https://www.etiasvisa.com/etias-requirements
Old 29 Jun 2022, 07:08 (Ref:4117407)   #66
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Don't forget we also need a ETIAS waiver next year. https://www.etiasvisa.com/etias-requirements
Thanks, Peter, important info!

Comes into operation just a month before next year's race.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 07:54 (Ref:4117417)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Peter.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 12:24 (Ref:4117447)   #68
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Obviously it's something that can be completed online. But hopefully it's something that is delivered online too and is fairly quick turnaround.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 12:53 (Ref:4117449)   #69
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
If it like the American ESTA then you just get confirmation you've passed muster and that's it - no need to show any docs at the border as The Computer will be expecting you....

That (unofficial) website suggests a turn around of 20 minutes to process it, whereas the American system is pretty much instant.

Annoyingly I've only got a couple of years left on my passport, so will not get much value out of next year's application.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 17:00 (Ref:4117503)   #70
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Annoyingly I've only got a couple of years left on my passport, so will not get much value out of next year's application.
Don't feel too aggrieved, Guy, it only costs around six quid, which is nothing compared to the cost of a new blue passport!
Old 4 Jul 2022, 14:15 (Ref:4118204)   #71
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Having reduced the distance to Le Mans by 10.000kms should help me be there next year. I had the chance to go on 2019 and I cannot wait to be there again.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 22:45 (Ref:4118262)   #72
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
Having reduced the distance to Le Mans by 10.000kms should help me be there next year. I had the chance to go on 2019 and I cannot wait to be there again.
Great ! The last time we saw you was at our 2018 virtual meeting, wasn't it ?
Old 14 Jul 2022, 19:42 (Ref:4119543)   #73
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
OK, new larger tent ordered. It's coming together.
Old 25 Jul 2022, 22:36 (Ref:4120510)   #74
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Haven't been since 2017 and I miss the place and the friends I've met. Was supposed to go in 2020 but we all know how that ended up playing out.

Happy to report I booked my flights just the other day for 2023! I'll be flying in to London the Saturday before the race. Have been lucky to have traveled all over Asia, much of Europe, and almost all of North and Central America and somehow this will still be my very first trip to England. Will make the trek down to Le Mans with my good buddy MuppetDave. Could have flown directly into CDG, but I've always wanted to experience the trip down as the Brits do it.

Needless to say, I'm already super excited to be at the campsite and to see everyone at the tenths meeting on race morning!
Old 26 Jul 2022, 04:31 (Ref:4120520)   #75
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Haven't been since 2017 and I miss the place and the friends I've met. Was supposed to go in 2020 but we all know how that ended up playing out.

Happy to report I booked my flights just the other day for 2023! I'll be flying in to London the Saturday before the race. Have been lucky to have traveled all over Asia, much of Europe, and almost all of North and Central America and somehow this will still be my very first trip to England. Will make the trek down to Le Mans with my good buddy MuppetDave. Could have flown directly into CDG, but I've always wanted to experience the trip down as the Brits do it.

Needless to say, I'm already super excited to be at the campsite and to see everyone at the tenths meeting on race morning!
Great news!
Looking forward to see you again!