Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jan 2023, 19:28 (Ref:4142326)   #26
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
They have a lead sponsor, which is nice.

Shades of the old Parmalat Brabham with the Black & white colour scheme.

You’re thinking of Tyrell with their Braun sponsorship I think - they were black/grey & white.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 21:21 (Ref:4142335)   #27
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I actually don't mind it. But there is always a "new is always better" factor at launch time. I like the black. Regardless of their back of the grid persona, anything that brings back Minardi memories are welcome ones.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 21:22 (Ref:4142336)   #28
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I quite like the livery.
It's a very 'IndyCar' livery, if that makes sense?
Old 31 Jan 2023, 21:46 (Ref:4142338)   #29
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I actually don't mind it. But there is always a "new is always better" factor at launch time.
I liked the old one better, I don't really understand why they changed it... Moneygram already fit with their 2022 colour scheme. But as they wish!
Old 1 Feb 2023, 09:19 (Ref:4142371)   #30
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Surely they were blue and white, weren't they?
Old 1 Feb 2023, 09:30 (Ref:4142373)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Old 1 Feb 2023, 09:49 (Ref:4142376)   #32
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
After a quiet winter, I like the livery launches, especially when a teams colour scheme changes. Any excuse to dig out photos of an old livery from the past for comparison purposes!

I am looking forward to the Sauber one - to see how whether they come up with a silver and red Audi livery, or something else.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 10:19 (Ref:4142378)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
For me it reminds me of another Haas livery. The Newman Haas livery of the early 90s. The team will hope that's a good omen
Old 1 Feb 2023, 15:48 (Ref:4142410)   #34
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
For me it reminds me of another Haas livery. The Newman Haas livery of the early 90s. The team will hope that's a good omen
good shout out!

would love to see a throwback K-Mart logo on the white!
Old 4 Feb 2023, 09:10 (Ref:4142598)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great to see that fantastic new Red Bull livery. Who would've believed it?!!!

Old 4 Feb 2023, 09:12 (Ref:4142599)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Oh no, Christian Horner promised us it will look slightly different at the real launch. So let's not get too excited
Old 4 Feb 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4142606)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'll look just like.......... a Red Bull.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 15:02 (Ref:4142648)   #38
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They really were teasing something different so that’s a bit of a let down.

Apparently though they are running a contest to let fans submit different liverys for the races in the US. That should prove interesting.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 17:03 (Ref:4142662)   #39
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 4 Feb 2023, 17:59 (Ref:4142670)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Exactly right. The Marlboro McLaren was a timeless classic.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 18:28 (Ref:4142672)   #41
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Exactly right. The Marlboro McLaren was a timeless classic.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 14:14 (Ref:4142861)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Williams' new livery. So this is where Gulf went after leaving McLaren.

Old 6 Feb 2023, 14:42 (Ref:4142866)   #43
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island

Considering just how good the McLaren recently looked in Gulf colours, this one is a bit disappointing by comparison. But Gulf only a minor sponsor it seems.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 14:59 (Ref:4142868)   #44
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't watch the William's event. But I saw mention here...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/g...iams/10428722/

That while Gulf is not primary sponsor level, they are looking to maybe do one off full Gulf livery at some point.

Richard
Old 6 Feb 2023, 16:01 (Ref:4142873)   #45
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I didn't watch the William's event. But I saw mention here...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/g...iams/10428722/

That while Gulf is not primary sponsor level, they are looking to maybe do one off full Gulf livery at some point.

Richard
I think that to most of us 'of a certain age' the full Gulf livery is a motorsport icon (although that's more sports cars than F1 for me).
I'm a bit confused by some of the comments from Gulf in that article, where they refer to refuelling, I didn't think that was coming back for this season?
Old 6 Feb 2023, 16:05 (Ref:4142874)   #46
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Technically refueling is part of a race weekend, just not during the actual race lol
Old 6 Feb 2023, 16:23 (Ref:4142876)   #47
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
to paraphrase ZZ Top, thats a sharp dressed car!

Gulf logo is always a great addition but im more liking the Duracell logo on the air intake! creative imo.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 19:06 (Ref:4142911)   #48
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
No major sponsor(s)?
Old 6 Feb 2023, 19:32 (Ref:4142913)   #49
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
No major sponsor(s)?
Dorilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
im more liking the Duracell logo on the air intake! creative imo.
I agree the Duracell intake is well done.

Richard
Old 6 Feb 2023, 22:11 (Ref:4142923)   #50
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
right!

apparently it was on the cars last year (at Miami?) but i never noticed so im going to continue to enjoy it like its new!