Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Dec 2002, 19:46 (Ref:460369)   #26
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Have Duke not got it?
No, neither do Amozon or ebay.....................
Old 31 Dec 2002, 09:15 (Ref:460772)   #27
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
And sad news for me as well Fab, Mrs. Aysedasi didn't buy me the road-going Toyota GT-One for Christmas. Something about it not fitting in my stocking.....
I said to you : not sure you're the boss at home
Old 2 Jan 2003, 11:14 (Ref:461913)   #28
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No LM present for me either. I wanted "A French Kiss with Death" but the old bat didn't take the hint.

FG
Old 2 Jan 2003, 12:34 (Ref:461952)   #29
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Between the Kid and myself we got a vid of the 1988 Brands Hatch WSC race - the one where the Saubers got involved in a spat with the Pink Tiga - It was his first ever motor race (at the tender age of 11 months! I finally got a copy of the unbelievably wonderful In Car 956 too!
Old 2 Jan 2003, 12:37 (Ref:461958)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
....the one where the Saubers got involved in a spat with the Pink Tiga - It was his first ever motor race (at the tender age of 11 months! I finally got a copy of the unbelievably wonderful In Car 956 too!

I've got that incident on a 1980's sportscar racing compilation vid - great stuff. Jochen Mass was severely displaeased, wasn't he!

In Car 956 is definitely an essential buy for any sportscar fan. As I think I've said before, it was the first video I ever bought.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 12:38 (Ref:461961)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
No LM present for me either. I wanted "A French Kiss with Death" but the old bat didn't take the hint.

FG
Its another essential buy. A very entertaining read with lots of snippets of information I hadn't picked up before.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 13:26 (Ref:462014)   #32
Brant
Rookie

Brant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the ACO planning to re-release all there previous reviews on DVD format for collectors?
Old 2 Jan 2003, 13:27 (Ref:462018)   #33
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think ACO tend to re-release old tapes in DVD, but we could ask for...

Last edited by Fab; 2 Jan 2003 at 13:30.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 13:28 (Ref:462020)   #34
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by FG1

FG
The only thing is to have a french kiss straight ! (sure she did it !)
Old 23 Jul 2003, 17:36 (Ref:669625)   #35
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
and I can still not find the 1988 race anywhere.............
Finally after about 2 years I finally have it, thanks to dear old e-bay I'm going to sit down and watch it tonight
Old 23 Jul 2003, 19:11 (Ref:669693)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is it the original Sportseen version Rob? One of the best. But there was an 88 video around with added-on commentary instead of the RLM real thing. I got shot of my copy of that one at a boot sale......
Old 23 Jul 2003, 19:24 (Ref:669709)   #37
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
No its the RLM version - watching it now.........
Old 23 Jul 2003, 21:16 (Ref:669788)   #38
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
right watched it now - brings back some memories from a month ago - looking forward to that video coming out......
Old 23 Jul 2003, 22:27 (Ref:669842)   #39
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did it have a car grinding to a halt at the esses after 5 laps?
Old 24 Jul 2003, 12:30 (Ref:670215)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Which car would that be Paul?
Old 24 Jul 2003, 20:04 (Ref:670554)   #41
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dunno, a bloody awful one if you ask me!!!
Old 27 Jul 2003, 17:37 (Ref:672559)   #42
MHRasmussen
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
MHRasmussen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all,

I´ve got a couple of quickie questions:

1) Who's actually doing the commentary, I had hoped it was the RLM crew, but apparently not.

2) Does Duke still use that silly Region Zero-format, or have they switched (like everybody else) to the much more compatible Region Two??

3) Which production company did Duke use for the actual footage. Greenlight TV ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by MHRasmussen; 27 Jul 2003 at 17:39.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 19:06 (Ref:672611)   #43
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
1) Who's actually doing the commentary, I had hoped it was the RLM crew, but apparently not.
Is that this years video/DVD - not sure is the short answer. RLM Commentry appears on the review videos from 1987 to 1995.
Old 29 Jul 2003, 18:04 (Ref:674516)   #44
MHRasmussen
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Is that this years video/DVD - not sure is the short answer. RLM Commentry appears on the review videos from 1987 to 1995.
I'm sorry, I wasn't particularly coherent (Typing before thinking)...!

I was talking about the 2003 DVD.

(I already have all the RLM videos from 1988-1993, and I must admit that that level of professionalism commentary-wise has never been reached again on video.)
Old 29 Jul 2003, 18:17 (Ref:674530)   #45
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MHRasmussen
2) Does Duke still use that silly Region Zero-format, or have they switched (like everybody else) to the much more compatible Region Two??
It's not so silly to those of us in Region 1!
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 30 Jul 2003, 13:04 (Ref:675272)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just bought the LM03 DVD today. Hope its good. (Wish it had RLM commentary..... )
Old 2 Aug 2003, 20:56 (Ref:678106)   #47
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Just bought the LM03 DVD today. Hope its good. (Wish it had RLM commentary..... )
I also have just bought it, watch a bit of it looks pretty good, watch a bit of it, will have to sit down and watch the rest of it during the week.
Old 3 Aug 2003, 09:15 (Ref:678399)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It is good. Some nice footage and interviews and so on. Not enough of the night, but there never is for me. Also, not enough in-car footage either.

As always, the one thing which really bugs me is the add-on commentary, by the same guy who's been doing it for some time. For some reason, having hugely enjoyed the old RLM commentaries, having someone add-on a commentary to the already edited footage really annoys me, especially when he makes it sound as though he watching it unfold before him for the first time......

All in all though, these faults aside, a good DVD. A must for the LM fanatic.
Old 3 Aug 2003, 17:49 (Ref:678814)   #49
MHRasmussen
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Quote:
As always, the one thing which really bugs me is the add-on commentary, by the same guy who's been doing it for some time. For some reason, having hugely enjoyed the old RLM commentaries, having someone add-on a commentary to the already edited footage really annoys me, especially when he makes it sound as though he watching it unfold before him for the first time......

[/B]
Oh no, not that same chap again! ... the only reason I haven't bought the last 5 years or so, was because I remember a review from another forum where it was explicitly pointed out that the commentary almost murdered the images. (I believe that was the 1999 review)

Oh well, 'what's another year...'
Old 4 Aug 2003, 07:37 (Ref:679280)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Its better than some from the past MH, one or two from the late 90's were pretty dreadful (commentary-wise).