Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Jun 2003, 13:46 (Ref:644773)   #1
Bob C.
Rookie

Bob C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dates for 2004 24 Hours of Le Mans?

Does anyone know if the ACO has published the dates for next year's 24 Hours? I'm trying to avoid a conflict with an event that I'm planning for next June. It appears that lemans.org is down right now, so I haven't had any luck there.

TIA

Old 27 Jun 2003, 15:53 (Ref:644910)   #2
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
12th/13th i'd imagine.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 17:52 (Ref:644983)   #3
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or maybe 19th/20th because it's the third week-end of the month.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 17:59 (Ref:644987)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the ACO will confirm the date sometime in September, if not before
Old 28 Jun 2003, 15:55 (Ref:645492)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Dates for 2004 24 Hours of Le Mans?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob C.
Does anyone know if the ACO has published the dates for next year's 24 Hours? I'm trying to avoid a conflict with an event that I'm planning for next June. It appears that lemans.org is down right now, so I haven't had any luck there.
Wonderful pic, Bob ! Too bad we cannot have access to more by the URL, but it's understandable if you sale them...

Usualy, the event is planned on the... 24th week of the year... but there's some exceptions... ACO have to plan it considering the other events too, for 2004 !

Last edited by Fab; 28 Jun 2003 at 15:58.
Old 28 Jun 2003, 17:59 (Ref:645538)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Usually clashes with Canada in F1 - if so will be 19th/20th.
Old 28 Jun 2003, 18:23 (Ref:645555)   #7
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes we need to petition Bernie about that. It's been too long since I have managed to get to Montreal and work that race too.

Last edited by theracegypsy; 28 Jun 2003 at 18:25.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 11:01 (Ref:645899)   #8
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it didn't clash in 2001 and 19/20 seems quite late. maybe the new found spirit of co-operation between the aco and the fia means it'll slot in nicely between two gps. i know my f1 snappers really enjoy going to le mans and are a little peeved if the dates clash.

thats a great pic bob...i think i know where that is, may have to have a crack at that next year...in the spirit of imitation being the sincerist form of flattery!

my colleague had a few nice bentley pics, but i only really managed one decent shot...and even this shot i should have worked longer at. i literally shot about six frames in this position...i quite like it now, but at the time i thought it looked a little dull, and walked away.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 11:06 (Ref:645907)   #9
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is this picture taken between "Esse" and Tertre rouge corner ?
Old 29 Jun 2003, 12:00 (Ref:645919)   #10
kdr
Veteran

no...thats them going thru tertre rouge and entering the mulsanne...i mean hunandieres...straight.

sorry fab!
Old 29 Jun 2003, 18:12 (Ref:646277)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Two great shots guys - I don't think I'll bother uploading mine.......
Old 29 Jun 2003, 21:30 (Ref:646513)   #12
kdr
Veteran

we're missing your shots from the roof of the welcome building ayse...we didn't go up there this year.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 07:16 (Ref:646810)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
my colleague had a few nice bentley pics, but i only really managed one decent shot...and even this shot i should have worked longer at. i literally shot about six frames in this position...i quite like it now, but at the time i thought it looked a little dull, and walked away.
Oh my ! Why my pics are always so boring ?
Old 30 Jun 2003, 08:47 (Ref:646904)   #14
kdr
Veteran

your pictures aren't boring fab...you get good stuff considering the access you get. your pictures from pq and the quieter moments are fine. trust me when i say i've looked over the shoulder at some photographers work at le mans - and your pictures are just as good. my job has benefits - and drawbacks....100 rolls of film from the nurburgring to go thru this morning for instance!
Old 30 Jun 2003, 12:03 (Ref:647099)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
we're missing your shots from the roof of the welcome building ayse...we didn't go up there this year.

Nor did I. They wouldn't let me up there. Have we seen the end of the Welcome building for holders of Welcome tickets? If so, I shan't be buying one again (not that I bought one this year )
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:39 (Ref:647208)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I just have this...
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:49 (Ref:647217)   #17
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by theracegypsy
yes we need to petition Bernie about that. It's been too long since I have managed to get to Montreal and work that race too.
At least we know your priorities are right!
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 30 Jun 2003, 14:00 (Ref:647232)   #18
kdr
Veteran

i went up there on the thursday before qualifying and it was very quiet. my colleague went up during the grid warm up festivities and he said there was only one or two people up there.

Last edited by kdr; 30 Jun 2003 at 14:01.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 16:55 (Ref:647388)   #19
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Usually clashes with Canada in F1 - if so will be 19th/20th.
This was the first year it clashed for about the last three years. I'm plumping for the 12/13th as I dont remember it being as late as the 19th /20th before
Old 30 Jun 2003, 16:57 (Ref:647391)   #20
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by theracegypsy
We used to get away from the circuit quickly after the race to get to our hotel and watch the Grand Prix. Stangely nobody was that bothered this year - it seems interest in that form of 'racing' has waned in recent years!!
Old 30 Jun 2003, 20:50 (Ref:647713)   #21
Bob C.
Rookie

Bob C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, KDR!

Wow, KDR! I knew I should have tried the Tertre Rouge shot just before sunset, and *that's* why. I guess I spent too much of my time shooting the area just before the Porsche Curves. Oh well... God willing, there's always next year.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 22:31 (Ref:647830)   #22
917Addicted
Racer

917Addicted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hum, here is another of my stupid questions (really offtopic):

Having seen your picture Fab, it appears to me that the Bentleys were using a different wingplates to each other. or am I wrong??

(Or maybe I'm just a stupid and lazy guy who should be bettering its' GPL-rank to beat Aysedasy one )

Last edited by 917Addicted; 30 Jun 2003 at 22:39.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 23:04 (Ref:647857)   #23
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, that's the #7 Bentley with the full endplates.

For a better view of the car with them, check out "Juha Kivekas' Le Mans review" at the front of this site, right Mike?...
Old 1 Jul 2003, 05:11 (Ref:647976)   #24
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by 917Addicted
Having seen your picture Fab, it appears to me that the Bentleys were using a different wingplates to each other. or am I wrong??
I let you check by yourself on this one : confirmed ! I didn't even noticed it ! shame on me...
Old 1 Jul 2003, 05:16 (Ref:647977)   #25
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Let's try a close-up...

Last edited by Fab; 1 Jul 2003 at 05:17.