Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Nov 2003, 18:32 (Ref:786275)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let's discuss JPM's replacement!!

so then who do think will replace JPM.
ofcourse the ideal would be WEBBER but he may be tied to FLAV who may want him in the RENAULT along side ALONSO.
any others? NICO ROSBERG and NELSINHO are getting tests at WILLIAMS. DOes FRANK see them as possible successors and wants to give them a go next year?

and ofcourse there is always the ever present chance (though unlikely) that JV might spring back into the WILLAIMS.

any other names ? not into CARTS etc. so i dont know any of the other promising names?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 18:39 (Ref:786289)   #2
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Junqueira in a Williams would be my dream.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 18:40 (Ref:786295)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Long odds on that one raven!

It's gonna be Webber. He seems perfect for Williams!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 18:53 (Ref:786318)   #4
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Scott Dixon?

I think he has 1 year left of his Ganassi contract?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 18:55 (Ref:786323)   #5
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Both Fisichella and Barichello are good candidates to replace Montoya, IMHO.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 18:56 (Ref:786327)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber would be ideal, as he deserves a better car than Jaguar look likely to ever be able to bring him, he's fast, has lots of potential to improve, seems to have development nous, and has what we associate as the Williams personality. Maybe he can repeat Jones' golden achievements for the team.

Rosberg and Piquet have appealing names, and both are improving, but I don't expect them to be worthy of front-running F1 drives that soon.

As for the other up and coming drivers, the most promising look to be Bjorn Wirdheim (2003 F3000 champion, linked to Patrick's CART team for 2004), Seb Bourdais (2002 F3000 champion, 2003 CART rookie of the year), Darren Manning (starred in CART this year, off to Ganassi IRL for 2004) and Jamie Green (challenged for the F3 title as a rookie this year).
Old 17 Nov 2003, 19:00 (Ref:786334)   #7
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has to be Webber - and don't forget Gene he did well when called upon. Let's see how the testing goes.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 19:01 (Ref:786336)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
D'oh. I wrote mine while esorniloc and Inigi were coming up with other likely ideas. Fisichella would deserve it, and Peter Sauber said only last week that he'd let him heave for a big 3 team. Dixon, maybe, but it's a shame he'll've spent 2 years racing purely on ovals, and his Toyota links may make them keen to snap him up. Rubens, I'm not sure he'll get another topline drive, and is Frank more likely to hire for the future?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 19:05 (Ref:786344)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As impressed as I was by Gene in his Minardi days and at monza last year, I think Webber is in a different class.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 19:10 (Ref:786355)   #10
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gene in Williams I was refering to - he did very well - going on memory not far off of JPM - watch the testing data
Old 17 Nov 2003, 19:22 (Ref:786376)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Don't get me wrong, he would be a good replacement. But Webber really gets the pulse racing......
Old 17 Nov 2003, 19:31 (Ref:786385)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Villeneuve!!
VILLENEUVE!!!!!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 19:44 (Ref:786404)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Never saw that coming!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 20:19 (Ref:786441)   #14
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber would be terrific in Williams (dream)
and well Dixon in F1 would be fantastic
or would Rubinho go over to Williams?! and then Fisi gets over to Ferrari (as he handily beats massa for the seat)
and DC goes to Sauber boo hoo
Old 17 Nov 2003, 20:35 (Ref:786458)   #15
yobro
Racer

United Kingdom
Cowbog, Scotland
yobro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is gonna be fun...who takes the williams seat?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 20:37 (Ref:786461)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by yobro
This is gonna be fun...who takes the williams seat?
Who knows
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=46625
Old 17 Nov 2003, 20:40 (Ref:786464)   #17
yobro
Racer

United Kingdom
Cowbog, Scotland
i hope and best bet wud hopefully be the Villeneuve ace
Old 17 Nov 2003, 20:41 (Ref:786468)   #18
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if we are honest about it BMW love having ralph in the team - they openly admit they love having a German Driver. The only reason ralph was took on in 99 (they year BMW started testing with Williams on the quiet) was to please BMW - the only reason Ralph hasn't gone yet - to please BMW with Frank&Patrick Loving JPM there must be a little private war inside the team with Frank pushing for JPM to get new bits, engineers, engines team orders etc etc, and BMW pushing for Ralph (the incident with ralph ignoring team orders on at least 2 occasions would be enough to sack him in franks eyes) so JPM probably had enough and wanted out to a more bonded team. Only a thought.
Can't wait to see who replaces JPM.

The list of possibles is great.

Fisco (get out clause available from Sauber)
Webber (would be good with Williams)
Gene (it could happen)
McNish (ok far fetched)
Heidfeild (another german !)
DC (possible but i can't see it happening DC is sore from being dropped)
Pitzionia (Williams loved him)
Button (Frank rated him)
JV (not sure on this one)
Wilson (doubtfull)

I could go on.... Very exciting
Old 17 Nov 2003, 20:45 (Ref:786470)   #19
yobro
Racer

United Kingdom
Cowbog, Scotland
Gene, i can see that one happening, was good at monza. DC i doubt. Webber and Fisco, I'll agree are best bets, or even best fits.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 20:49 (Ref:786476)   #20
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd love to see DC get the seat. Or Villeneuve. Or...get Ralf outta Williams and have both DC and JV

I'd like it!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 20:55 (Ref:786481)   #21
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gene, I could also see that one...still...DC for me!!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 21:06 (Ref:786494)   #22
yobro
Racer

United Kingdom
Cowbog, Scotland
lol, DC, i dunno if i can see that one happening, but i wud like to also see that happening... lol

JV what was his reason for leavin Willams before again?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 21:07 (Ref:786497)   #23
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see Williams taking another Rookie but they have gone to left field in the past for drivers. I think they will settle for Webber if he can get the all clear from his complicated management.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 21:09 (Ref:786500)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I'm going to go for Button. But a lot depends on what happens at BAR next year, if all go wrong then expect to see him back at Williams in 2005.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 21:10 (Ref:786501)   #25
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Button
Webber
Zanardi...well you never know