Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Dec 2003, 16:45 (Ref:801628)   #1
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duke Lemans 2003 DVD

anyone watched this and is it worth buying ?
cheers.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 16:52 (Ref:801634)   #2
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'd like to hear this as well, i've considered buying it! but im not too sure!

This may sound odd, but are there any videos/DVD's i could buy of the 1967-1970 Le Mans?

Last edited by Smokey 6 litre; 2 Dec 2003 at 16:53.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 17:20 (Ref:801661)   #3
ceeslm
Rookie

Netherlands
krimpen
ceeslm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
try 'la rone infernale' or 'this time tommorow'
Old 2 Dec 2003, 17:55 (Ref:801700)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
These reviews are ALWAYS worth it! Make a great way to pass the winter months...
Old 2 Dec 2003, 18:04 (Ref:801706)   #5
ceeslm
Rookie

Netherlands
krimpen
ceeslm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i meant la RONDE infernale
Old 2 Dec 2003, 18:16 (Ref:801717)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ive got the LM 2003 review on DVD - a good DVD, better than the 2002 edition, a few extra's like interviews and features with Nasamax and Prodrive as well as a couple of onboard camera clips u can choose from. Same commentator as every year, a good no frills DVD which serves its purpose nicely is the best way I can describe this DVD, u wont find anything on this that u wont on other DVD's but its good enough for what it is intended, a must for any sportscar racing fan.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 19:03 (Ref:801767)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's OK, only watched it a couple of times but it's a good record of what happen in the race. Well worth it IMO.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 20:20 (Ref:801846)   #8
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always buy the review DVDs and i would tend to agree with whats been said already: it serves its purpose. It's not the best and its not poor either. Just ok. Where are you intending on buying it from then Woodyracing? Dukevideo? Try play.com, a few quid off and no p & p either! I only use duke for the classic stuff you can't find anywhere else, anything pretty ''modern'' you can get it cheaper from play.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 22:05 (Ref:801910)   #9
vinnie
Rookie

vinnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a nice movie but the extras are a little bit cheap. There is a onboard movie of the pescarolo peugot. The view is not verry good. Its a shame that the sound is not the same as in real. Does anybody know a link of the cadillac and corvette on the circuit of le mans. 2001?????? the onboard movie with speed gear shift and g forces?
Old 2 Dec 2003, 22:46 (Ref:801932)   #10
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ceeslm
i meant la RONDE infernale
not la ron infernale...the bloke that owns mclaren?
Old 3 Dec 2003, 05:08 (Ref:802152)   #11
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by cg7aa
Where are you intending on buying it from then Woodyracing? Dukevideo? Try play.com, a few quid off and no p & p either!
yep either play or amazon whichever is cheaper.

by the way, anyone know if theres an FIA GT review ?
Old 3 Dec 2003, 06:12 (Ref:802191)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I bought the ACO's one...

And for Vinnie, the best lap inboard is the A Wallace one in the Mc Laren, IMHO...
Old 3 Dec 2003, 07:06 (Ref:802247)   #13
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I bought the ACO's one...

And for Vinnie, the best lap inboard is the A Wallace one in the Mc Laren, IMHO...
The ACO one is only in French isn't it?
Old 3 Dec 2003, 07:32 (Ref:802262)   #14
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And i have another question, I saw a video in a second hand store of the 1996 wsc review? or was it 95 is that any good?

(Was there even a world sports cars in 95? it could've been world endurance - can't remember!)
Old 3 Dec 2003, 08:46 (Ref:802335)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wout
The ACO one is only in French isn't it?
It's not only undertitled in English : some add-ons are ONLY in English ! It shows how British this race has become...
Old 3 Dec 2003, 09:10 (Ref:802355)   #16
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey 6 litre
i'd like to hear this as well, i've considered buying it! but im not too sure!

This may sound odd, but are there any videos/DVD's i could buy of the 1967-1970 Le Mans?
You could look here www.racingpilot.com just go the the dvd section, there is a DVD called speed merchants on sale there, its by M Keyser (the guy who wrote french kiss with death) a driver in early 70s
it covers a whole season.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 17:26 (Ref:811042)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
You could look here www.racingpilot.com just go the the dvd section, there is a DVD called speed merchants on sale there, its by M Keyser (the guy who wrote french kiss with death) a driver in early 70s
it covers a whole season.
Nordic, thanks to your post I ordered it and got it yesterday : this movie is a "chef d'oeuvre" !

Thank you for the link, I owe you a (well, you'll have some glasses of wine anyway )...

I had a wonderful moment watching it... this is about the 1972 season (the death of Jo Bonnier is very moving, and sensitively "showed" - we don't "see" the accident, only the aftermaths and how Vic Elford ran to the Ferrari GT car to save the pilot from flames, while he was already out), from Sebring to the Ferrari victory, Mario and Vic Elford are "recitants", no rotten stuff around, just sportcars races and speed. The pictures are precisely in the Le Mans (the movie) mood, it looks like a prolongation of this one...

Chef d'Oeuvre !

PS : just one thing : I've been charged of 28$ plus 9$ for the trip (USA to France), and it went quite fast. Honest price I think... the DVD has no jacket.

Last edited by Fab; 13 Dec 2003 at 17:31.