Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2021, 21:37 (Ref:4053608)   #701
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Hope this is a good sign for the rest of you.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/fra...term=CNT_Daily
Old 28 May 2021, 10:14 (Ref:4053651)   #702
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s another glimmer of hope
Old 28 May 2021, 10:32 (Ref:4053652)   #703
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Hope this is a good sign for the rest of you.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/fra...term=CNT_Daily
Not sure it's going to apply to all of the rest of us.... We seem to be a long way from knowing how a Pass Sanitaire will work...

“At the moment, non-essential travel to the E.U. is restricted from third countries, except for a limited number of countries,” European Commission press officer Katarzyna Kolanko said. “Under the Commission proposals, a non-E.U. national who may travel to the E.U. can obtain a Digital Green Certificate. The non-E.U. national could request a Digital Green Certificate from a Member State he/she is traveling to, by providing all necessary information, including reliable proof of vaccination. The Member State would then have to assess if reliable proof has been provided and decide whether to issue a Digital Green Certificate.”

If this is going to happen - for August, the EU is going to have to get a crack on, particularly if those wishing to travel to France from outside the EU (which includes us Brits of course) have to submit applications.
Old 28 May 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4053656)   #704
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I’m coming round to accepting that I will not be making any trips to overseas motorsport events this year. Larger events are likely to have restrictions on roving and access which make them unattractive for me, while smaller events may not be worth the hassle, admin and cost involved, including hours of queues at borders. Better to spend this year enjoying events in the UK and wait for the world to put in place whatever processes and checks are required to make overseas travel and large events viable again.
Old 29 May 2021, 09:32 (Ref:4053730)   #705
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"COVID-19: rules for travel to France and the UK" :

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-r...nce-and-the-UK
Old 30 May 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4053893)   #706
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Watching Indy 500 almost makes me think LM 24 is actually possible with spectators this year.
Old 30 May 2021, 17:36 (Ref:4053904)   #707
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How many non-Americans in the crowd though.....
Old 30 May 2021, 17:50 (Ref:4053910)   #708
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I know, I know, but still..........
It is so sureal to see so many spectators.
Old 30 May 2021, 21:26 (Ref:4053985)   #709
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yep watching the indi 500 it would appear covid is no longer seen as a problem over there.
Old 31 May 2021, 02:59 (Ref:4054005)   #710
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
At least two less than planned!
Old 31 May 2021, 05:12 (Ref:4054008)   #711
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
At least two less than planned!
Well perhaps next year Vince?
Old 31 May 2021, 12:57 (Ref:4054068)   #712
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From The Guardian:

France tightens curbs on travel from UK amid Indian variant fears

Travellers from the UK will have to provide “compelling reasons” to enter France from Monday, as French authorities tighten curbs to halt the spread of the Indian Covid variant.
Travel to France from the UK will be permitted only for EU nationals, French residents, or those travelling for essential reasons.
Those who are allowed to make the journey must take a pre-departure Covid test and quarantine for seven days on arrival.
France is listed as an “amber” destination by the UK government, which advises against travel there, with British authorities requiring people to self-isolate for 10 days and take two Covid tests on their return.

Last Wednesday, the French government’s official spokesman, Gabriel Attal, said there was “a new situation with the progression of the so-called Indian variant in the UK”, adding that Germany had already imposed strict controls on visitors from Britain and that France was taking “similar measures”.
Old 1 Jun 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4054259)   #713
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I have received a email from Club ACO.
On June 10th, they will tell us when the ticket office will open for the 24 Hours race week. If you cannot make it in August, they give a link toward the procedure for the refund :
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...cFi6w/viewform
Thanks - not received the email yet but assume they are being phased. Simple form to fill in with name, credit note number and amount. Email acknowledgement received so sitting back and waiting ... will report on what happens next !
Old 1 Jun 2021, 20:00 (Ref:4054277)   #714
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i have had same so i have choice either tickets for 2021 or refund, obviously going for tickets if i am allowed
Old 1 Jun 2021, 21:09 (Ref:4054285)   #715
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Today I finaly got a email from ACO and guess what........ it is about renewal of my membership.
Tell me ACO, what did I get out of it last 1,5 years???

Andrew, I thought you posted the chief of ACO would contact you about that matter?? What did he tell you.

No mail so far about my credit note or tickets.
Old 2 Jun 2021, 06:40 (Ref:4054312)   #716
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dear neighbors,

My opinion is lot of changes can hapen in one, two months. After a so slowly start, the vaccination campaign is now took off in France. Rules evolved practically each week...
I hope at the 1 july, practically 50 percent of the french people will be vaccinated. And at this step, it will remain about 2 months to progress again before the event...
Old 2 Jun 2021, 07:56 (Ref:4054318)   #717
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
My opinion is lot of changes can hapen in one, two months. After a so slowly start, the vaccination campaign is now took off in France. Rules evolved practically each week...
Re the vaccinated people, meaning having had two jabs, we've just reached the number of 12 M. But as you say, rules and more importantly new variants are evolving each week.
Old 2 Jun 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4054327)   #718
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Today I finaly got a email from ACO and guess what........ it is about renewal of my membership.
Tell me ACO, what did I get out of it last 1,5 years???

Andrew, I thought you posted the chief of ACO would contact you about that matter?? What did he tell you.

No mail so far about my credit note or tickets.
I've had no response, although a conversation I've had with James suggests that I may get one - eventually. I'm not holding my breath about actually getting anything for my 2020/21 subscription though. That seems to be a lost cause, sadly.... I've sent another email.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4055068)   #719
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully the 10th June announcement will include details of how any remaining refunds/carry overs will work.

If it is indeed a much reduced crowd I can see the ACO wanting people to rollover to 2022.

Fingers crossed some of our number can get to attend.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 08:48 (Ref:4055070)   #720
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I confess I wouldn't want to be in the ACO's shoes right now. They must be desperate to run the race with spectators but know they won't be allowed the usual full crowd. How do they make ticketing decisions? Members? Locals? And the headaches they must be having over restrictions and avoiding Covid must have been exercising their minds for months now.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4055071)   #721
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Indeed. The ACO need to be sure that if they are only allowed 50k people (or whatever the number) that they actually get those 50k through the gates and spending money rather than end up with eg. 10k of tickets sold to people not allowed to travel.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 11:16 (Ref:4055090)   #722
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good point Guy. I hadn't thought of it that way, but yes, it makes sense.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4055095)   #723
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well the big spenders will be those that travel down and stay at the circuit for how ever long allowed, locals will obviously spend less and will not add much to the local economy, so fingers still crossed that we will be allowed.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 11:59 (Ref:4055099)   #724
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well the big spenders will be those that travel down and stay at the circuit for how ever long allowed, locals will obviously spend less and will not add much to the local economy, so fingers still crossed that we will be allowed.
That's true enough Simon, but the point is that if they sell large numbers of tickets to those outside France - or the immediately locality - and then they can't travel, they won't be there to spend their €'s...
Old 7 Jun 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4055104)   #725
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They should look at what is safer. Surely more local people is better than importing a lot of people?

That doesn’t necessarily correlate with the more dedicated or the biggest spenders.