Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Jun 2021, 08:59 (Ref:4058797)   #1051
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have friends in the US and I fully understand the issues you have with each side of the covid debate, it's not easy that's for sure.

I'd like to think that as we are a like minded community that were anyone to be not showing the due respect that we all deserve they would be shut down immediately by everyone, let alone the mods!

I'm sure you will be back at Le Mans in the very near future!

Back to subject matter, I'm still waiting for a reply to my email from the ticket office!
Old 29 Jun 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4058798)   #1052
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As previously, I have written this year off and moved my 2020 booking to 2023. But, in the meantime, I have gained an XJS so looking forward to driving down to Le Mans in June next year.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 11:44 (Ref:4058818)   #1053
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
As previously, I have written this year off and moved my 2020 booking to 2023. But, in the meantime, I have gained an XJS so looking forward to driving down to Le Mans in June next year.
Cool. What flavor XJS?
Old 29 Jun 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4058820)   #1054
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Face-lift 4.0 convertible. It does have some extra goodies: Jaguarsport inlet and exhaust, Jaguarsport suspension, etc.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4058821)   #1055
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds lovely.

And a convertible, perfect for the drive down.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4058822)   #1056
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Indeed.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4058866)   #1057
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Finally managed to get into my account on the ACO website and download two GE's and an Epinettes camping ticket. All set for August if we are allowed, found my 2020 tickets they make a nice set.
Old 30 Jun 2021, 07:55 (Ref:4058981)   #1058
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having made the decision to stay in the UK for motorsport this summer, can report thoroughly enjoyed first time visits to Doune, Knockhill and Croft. Photos on Flickr as usual.

Of more relevance to this thread, applied for refund on credit note from LM 2020 tickets on 16th June; chased ACO this morning - apparently bank transfers happening this week. Roll on 2022 - N24 and LM double header a distinct possibility ...
Old 30 Jun 2021, 21:42 (Ref:4059096)   #1059
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Some good news. Tests are free in France even for foreign tourists:
https://www.ouest-france.fr/sante/vi...et-ete-7263013

In practice use the doctolib website. Here's the link:
https://www.ouest-france.fr/sante/vi...et-ete-7263013
Update on the cost of tests.
Announced today:
As from 7 July foreign tourists will have to pay, €49 for PCR tests and €29 for antigenic tests.
Old 30 Jun 2021, 23:58 (Ref:4059102)   #1060
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
rats, is this a national adjustment?
Old 1 Jul 2021, 07:42 (Ref:4059127)   #1061
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
ATM the PCR test is free even for tourists.
https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/actualite/...A9/ar-BB1gTNEr
What is debatable is French having too many tests for the same person when we are asked to have one on a regular basis. Puzzling.

IMO the real problem is about the relationship between the UK and other countries, sanitary pass recognized or not and quarantine mandatory or not.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 08:24 (Ref:4059132)   #1062
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
ATM the PCR test is free even for tourists.
https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/actualite/...A9/ar-BB1gTNEr
What is debatable is French having too many tests for the same person when we are asked to have one on a regular basis. Puzzling.

IMO the real problem is about the relationship between the UK and other countries, sanitary pass recognized or not and quarantine mandatory or not.
from today on there is a valid EU Vaccination pass available in ALL EU countries.
I do not know how it work in the practice...it is the first day....
Anyhow I downloaded it...it shows my vaccination status and a QR code which should be valid for all EU...
I really do hope till August all the 'childhood diseases' will be fixed..and it will enable for all of us an easy entry...
however I do admit, it will not make the life of UK citizens easier....
Old 1 Jul 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4059139)   #1063
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Although, if one were looking for loopholes, Northern Ireland is still technically within the EU so that might mean recognition for British tests/vaccines (unless NI has its own set of certificates???).

Still, fingers crossed that current restrictions get loosened by August, not tightened.

Only 7 weeks to go, and we can actually say 'LM is next month'
Old 1 Jul 2021, 10:34 (Ref:4059148)   #1064
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Update on the cost of tests.
Announced today:
As from 7 July foreign tourists will have to pay, €49 for PCR tests and €29 for antigenic tests.

Considering that a French tourist in the UK would have to pay at least £120 for PCR that actually sounds fair. I have a friend who works as a chaparone in the film industry and ob a couple of occasions the film company have insisted on a particular test place and paid £300 a time.

As far as vaccine passports are concerned, our leaders have at least admitted they are in discussion with Russell's a out reciprocal arrangements

Sean
Old 1 Jul 2021, 12:35 (Ref:4059160)   #1065
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i pay £59 for a fit to fly which doesn’t mean you actually have to fly. standard pcr, results within 24 hours, same timeframe as the nhs. there’s options for people in need of a test, but like most countries systems, it’s a faff to try and find out as a foreigner how, where and how much.

companies with exclusive deals with providers who then require contractors or individuals to pay for tests should be ashamed of themselves.

i suspect discussions with the eu will go “so, to cover up the fact we don’t understand the contractual implications of a “best endeavours” clause, how abouts you let us have some of your pfizer orders and we’ll recognise the vaccination passport you’ve had set up and working for ages now?”
Old 1 Jul 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4059186)   #1066
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
rats, is this a national adjustment?

Yes, a U-turn from the French government.
Spokesman Gabriel Attal saying that introduction of charges for tests on foreign tourists was "a question of reciprocity", since "French travellers have to pay for such tests in most countries".
Old 1 Jul 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4059193)   #1067
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes its a U turn, charges are now €49 for a PCR (valid within 72 hours) and €29 for an antigen test (valid within 48 hours). What I cant find is if for someone attending LM is it mandatory to have one when going plus another one when back home?

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-r...nce-and-the-UK

I thought that a sanitary pass plus "A sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and of any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19" was enough. What a hassle.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4059196)   #1068
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Although, if one were looking for loopholes, Northern Ireland is still technically within the EU so that might mean recognition for British tests/vaccines (unless NI has its own set of certificates???).

Still, fingers crossed that current restrictions get loosened by August, not tightened.

Only 7 weeks to go, and we can actually say 'LM is next month'
Northern Ireland is not technically within the EU. It has in effect remained within the EU's single market for goods. That doesn't imply recognition for British tests/vaccines in the EU.

We can now say "LM is next month". Maybe you meant "LM is this month". In four weeks and a couple of days we can say that.

Fingers crossed for looser regulations.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 16:20 (Ref:4059200)   #1069
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yes its a U turn, charges are now €49 for a PCR (valid within 72 hours) and €29 for an antigen test (valid within 48 hours). What I cant find is if for someone attending LM is it mandatory to have one when going plus another one when back home?

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-r...nce-and-the-UK

I thought that a sanitary pass plus "A sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and of any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19" was enough. What a hassle.
You have three sets of hoops to jump through
1. On entry to France. French national regulations appy Luckily there's no requirement to self-isolate if you are fully vaccinated, but you still have to present proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure or a negative rapid antigen test taken within 48 hours of departure.
You must also present proof of your vaccination status and a completed ‘sworn statement’ form, self-certifying that you are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight.
If you're not fully vaccinated you are not allowed into France for leisure purposes.

2. On entry to events such as the LM race, local regulations apply, according to the ACO you need "the French government health pass introduced on 9 June applies to all persons entering the circuit. These restrictions will enable us to host a safe event. The health pass requires proof of one of the following: Full vaccination (completed at least two weeks prior) OR a negative (PCR or antigen) test result within the last 48 hours OR that you have recovered from COVID-19, attested by a positive PCR or antigen test result, at least 2 weeks and no more than 6 months old."

3. On entry to UK
Fully vaccinated people can travel from France to the UK without an essential reason, but those not fully vaccinated can only leave for an essential reason and must complete a Certificate to leave Metropolitan France.

All travellers, including those that have been vaccinated and children, must quarantine for 10 days in the UK.

Before leaving France everyone must:

A. Have proof of negative Covid test taken within 72 hours

Tests accepted include a PCR test or antigen test from a lateral flow device. Children under 10 do not need a test.

B. Book and pay for Covid tests to be taken in quarantine

All adults and children aged 4 and over have to take Covid tests on day 2 and day 8 of quarantine which must be bought online from government-recognised providers.

For people coming to England, there is an option to buy a ‘test to release’ kit for day 5, allowing you to leave quarantine early. This is not available for travellers arriving in Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland.

C. Fill in a passenger locator form if over the age of 18.

You can find the form on the UK government's website.

When you arrive in England you must go directly to where you are quarantining and remain there for 10 days. The day you arrive is day 0.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4059208)   #1070
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some good news for people driving from the UK

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...droidApp_Other
Old 1 Jul 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4059216)   #1071
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Getting a 'green card' (or insurance confirmation printed on green paper....) is pretty simple though. I just had to request one on my insurers website.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4059220)   #1072
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Anyone care to take a guess as to the likelihood of UK citizens being admitted to the US by September? Our own MuppetDave is hoping and planning to join our small crew for the back to back IMSA and Indycar races at Laguna Seca, middle of September. I've been hopeful throughout that he'll be able to attend, but these variants spreading in the UK are obviously a problem.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 17:31 (Ref:4059223)   #1073
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I don't know which flavour of vaccination Dave has received, but Astra Zeneca seems to be bit of a problem in the USA.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4059237)   #1074
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
You have three sets of hoops to jump through
1. On entry to France.
Thanks for your clarification. My conclusion remains the same, what an incredible hassle. I admire people wanting to attend LM knowing all the efforts they have to make.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 19:17 (Ref:4059243)   #1075
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Seems possible that quarantine will not be required for vaccinated Brits from August, so at least that hassle (and cost) is removed. NB 'Vaccinated' means both jabs plus two weeks.

I suspect that PCR tests to fly are going to be required for a long time to come, possibly years.