Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 14 Sep 2003, 21:06 (Ref:718834)   #1
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, folks.

As another season at Shelsley has drawn to a close, I'd like to thank everyone who has assisted in any way during the year. Your efforts have been much appreciated and I hope to see all of you next year. Anyone else that we can interest in visiting will be very welcome too.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 21:18 (Ref:718844)   #2
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Sorry I wasn't there Chris - got talked into doing a bit of circuit again.

Knackered. Bed....
Old 14 Sep 2003, 21:43 (Ref:718857)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No probs, you've been a welcome part of the team during the year. Hop eyou had a good week-end.

Mind, it's going to take serious grovelling for me not to post the photograph I've been given today...
Old 15 Sep 2003, 06:32 (Ref:719159)   #4
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Post it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15 Sep 2003, 12:29 (Ref:719476)   #5
Mrs BlackX
Racer

Mrs BlackX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Mind, it's going to take serious grovelling for me not to post the photograph I've been given today...
Yeah go on...... You know you want to!!!!!

Old 15 Sep 2003, 12:40 (Ref:719500)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it's that good I think we should demand to see it - it's obviously in the public interest for disclosure to be made.....
Old 15 Sep 2003, 17:45 (Ref:719779)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
I think we should give him a chance. For those who are curious, this is not connected to the naked 150yds incident at another hill. It's merely an indacator that you should always be aware of everything that is going on around your post, including the position of photographers. Especially if they're pointing their lenses at you. And you have a hangover...
Old 15 Sep 2003, 17:46 (Ref:719780)   #8
Mrs BlackX
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
I think we should give him a chance. For those who are curious, this is not connected to the naked 150yds incident at another hill.
And there's me getting quite excited!!

Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:11 (Ref:719923)   #9
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs BlackX
And there's me getting quite excited!!

At your age now, we have to be very careful what we expose to you !!!! Trust me, it's not a pretty picture!!
Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:15 (Ref:719929)   #10
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But seriously, thanks to Woolley for his efforts as Chief Marshal at The W.F.S.W. !! I for one thoroughly enjoyed my time there this season which was capped-off by a superb meeting last week-end. A job well done under sometimes trying conditions.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:34 (Ref:719950)   #11
Mrs BlackX
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu
At your age now, we have to be very careful what we expose to you !!!! Trust me, it's not a pretty picture!!
Hahahahahahahaha..... That's funny I thought you were older than me!!!!!

Old 15 Sep 2003, 21:32 (Ref:720070)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Thanks for the comments Stu, much appreciated. It has been a good season - I've had one of my best, and that's because of the good company to be found around the hill-climb fraternity. I've had the support of some very good friends who are excellent marshals all year, both on the hill and in the campsites. On top of which Mrs Woolley has discovered the pleasure of marshalling for real which means I get to do more events!

CrazyStu, Blackx, B1ackcr0w and their respective missuses, plus Pike, Gizmo and Jim Lamb I'd like to single out for special thanks simply because of the extra help, advice and friendship that I've enjoyed from them. Cheers folks.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 23:08 (Ref:720145)   #13
blackx
Veteran

England
No probs dude..................
Old 16 Sep 2003, 16:59 (Ref:720952)   #14
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by blackx
No probs dude..................
Same again woolley...it`s been a bl**dy good season, cheers mate
Old 25 Sep 2003, 20:46 (Ref:730122)   #15
Matt Dillon
Racer

England
Dudley
Matt Dillon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Mrs Woolley has been marshalling for donkeys years. What about the Quinton stages and being carried agross a pub car park by Eric????????
Old 25 Sep 2003, 20:47 (Ref:730124)   #16
Matt Dillon
Racer

England
Dudley
Matt Dillon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoops forgot about the Cravan with the tin cans underneath!!!!!!!!!!
Old 25 Sep 2003, 23:05 (Ref:730254)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Ok, remember all that (long time ago), but who are you...?

I think I know really - Dudley??? Can only be one of two. I guess the words Poached Egg will mean something to you?

Anyway, she's only just started real marshalling - ie in orange
Old 27 Sep 2003, 08:25 (Ref:731590)   #18
Jim Lamb
Racer

England
Sutton Coldfield
Jim Lamb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris,
Well done. I think the plaudits displayed on here say it all about your efforts. I am sure it's greatly appreciated. Glad to hear you've all had an enjoyable and safe season.

Reading all the threads I could be seriously tempted to return to the bank at times!! Now there's a thought
Time for 'winter' thinking????????

Best wishes,

Jim Lamb

Stay Safe out there
Old 27 Sep 2003, 09:35 (Ref:731615)   #19
blackx
Veteran

England
Go on Jim....................
U know u wanna..............
And we would be so happy to receive you m8
Old 27 Sep 2003, 12:08 (Ref:731676)   #20
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Never mind whether you want to, WE want you to...

and thanks for the kind comments and advice, all of which were gratefully received.
Old 27 Sep 2003, 13:08 (Ref:731697)   #21
blackx
Veteran

England
Agree with Woolley there Jim..........
Your experience and input is sorely missed........
Tis a shame to waste it...........hahahaha
Old 30 Sep 2003, 20:53 (Ref:735863)   #22
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for a good year Wooley, I only did a couple of excursions onto the hill, and at Gurston, was fun to get back to where I started after all these years... well decades really!