Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 23 May 2002, 20:16 (Ref:293970)   #1
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Octagon Season Ticket Ongoing Saga

Just wondered if anyone knew what the latest was on this one. Is the current ticket going to roll over past its expiry date like the last one did? Or are replacements due to be sent out? Unless one has been sent out which hasn't reached me, the current ticket expired on 20th May.
Old 23 May 2002, 20:41 (Ref:294014)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll let you know if I run into problems at Oulton on Saturday Carrie.

That might give us some idea of what the gate staff have been told at the very least.
Old 23 May 2002, 21:25 (Ref:294074)   #3
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see that the ACO is not the only club with ticket problems. I would have thought it to be a quite simple process. Cheque, cash, ticket. So why do these motorsport people have a problem ???
Old 25 May 2002, 15:02 (Ref:295933)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Tim, your assuming here that the gate staff have been told anything. Always a first time I suppose.
Old 25 May 2002, 22:00 (Ref:296173)   #5
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote from this morning's chap on the gate at Oulton. "Aye, aye. I knew they wouldn't have got it sorted yet...."

I drove in. No problem.
Old 26 May 2002, 18:21 (Ref:296795)   #6
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, I seem to have various "season" tickets from Octagon; each one has a different expiry date on it; and I haven't got a clue if I'm going to be let in anywhere.:confused:

I've got a ticket that says it expires on 31 December 2002 at 8.00am - but I was told it was only valid until 20 April! I've got a ticket that tells me that it was only valid until 20 May and I would suffer a fate worse than death if I even contemplate laminating it. And I want to got to the Touring Cars at Silverstone!

It's bad enough still having to use the 2001 Silverstone Racing Club passes/car sticker without all this additional hassle. Don't Octagon want people to attend races?

Oh well, I'm sure we'll have additional fun if/when Octagon ever get round to mailing out the tickets for the British Grand Prix! Goodness knows what/where they'll be valid.

What annoys me is that we've all shelled out a small fortune to buy these season tickets and it's now halfway through the year and Octagon can't even supply them. What is their problem?
Old 26 May 2002, 19:30 (Ref:296864)   #7
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plus they gave such short notice about the expiry date on the last ticket. I suppose they presume that it's easy for people who got the two for one tickets to actually get the ticket to the second person, but Tim and me are practically at other ends of the country.
Hey hum, wonder what fun awaits at the Touring Cars
Old 27 May 2002, 05:46 (Ref:297129)   #8
Schoey
Rookie

Schoey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear that Octagon Motorsports are moving into the hiring out of large-scale brewing facilities for parties, bar mitzvahs and other entertainment events. Don't think they'll do too well though...
You've heard Contemporary R&B, you've heard UK Garage. Now, spearheading the aural revolution of the new millennium - stand by for the latest from 'UK Shed', featuring DJ Garden Von Outbuilding, and MC Wendy In Da House.
Old 28 May 2002, 11:06 (Ref:298338)   #9
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My season tickets arrived this morning.

Print / Design -wise it was not worth the wait, and basically comprises a book of tickets with codes that make it impossible to work out which ticket is for which event. Apparently you need to take the ticket book to the venue entrance point and the staff will remove (hopefully) the correct ticket stub.

This also means having to find a safe secure place (against weather, theft etc) for £100 worth of tickets each time you go somewhere.

But as I've waited so long I might just frame it
Old 28 May 2002, 14:25 (Ref:298473)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Mine arrived today too... blimey!

Still, we can't really complain about the books being big... after all they take up less space than the equivalent amount of money saved!
Old 28 May 2002, 15:29 (Ref:298519)   #11
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i got mine today too, i thought they said something about a VIP pack and ticket holder..

anyway, if they remove a ticket everytime you go to a race, how do you get back in and out ?? i think it would have been easier just to have one pass which says "season ticket" - no messing about.
Old 28 May 2002, 15:31 (Ref:298522)   #12
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why haven't they just produced a single photo-id'ed card which says 'Season Ticket 2002', much cheaper to produce and would stop people handing around a book of tickets to friends and aquaintences?
Old 28 May 2002, 15:32 (Ref:298523)   #13
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like Woody and I are the original 'great minds think alike'
Old 28 May 2002, 15:35 (Ref:298527)   #14
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point, guy. If, say, I'm going to Oulton Park one weekend, but a friend is going to an event at Cadwell, what's to stop me sending them the ticket for the Cadwell event? Even a ticket with your name on and a warning that you might get asked for alternative ID would have prevented some of the hassle these tickets have caused so far.
Old 28 May 2002, 17:22 (Ref:298589)   #15
pauldavid
Racer

pauldavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i understand that octogon is a American company, well you know when you see Americans in paying there hotel bills they pull out a big fat credit card holders and everyone thinks WOW they must have some money , well now we know why their wallets are so thick they they have their octogon season tickets in them. P.S i will be going to silverstone this weekend has anyone got a wheelbarrow for me tickets
Old 28 May 2002, 17:47 (Ref:298601)   #16
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
most disappiointed in them.

Should have given you a book of draw dickets.

Pass would have been a lot better.

There is only one advantage - not likely to lose it!!
Old 28 May 2002, 19:40 (Ref:298730)   #17
BAR Babe
Racer

BAR Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sick to the back teeth with octagon to be quite frank. this is just about the last straw. they are no better than the draw tickets at the local fete.

its pathetic.
Old 28 May 2002, 19:53 (Ref:298749)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Take a chill pill folks! If you don't like the book then sell it and buy a ticket on the gate for each meeting you want to go to...
Old 28 May 2002, 19:54 (Ref:298751)   #19
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My tickets the size of "War and Peace" arrived today. I took them to the circuit and ended up with the following questions:

1) The terms and conditions state that the tickets are only valid for the event listed overleaf; turn over your tickets and see if you can work out which ticket relates to which event!

2) What happens if they tear off and retain the ticket - and then you have to show your ticket to get to the centre of the circuit (e.g. BTCC at Silverstone)?:confused:

3) What was all that on the covering letter about purchasing grandstand seats once you get to the circuit? Having shelled out £100 on season tickets I'm damned if I'm then going to pay for a grandstand on top of that! We all know that the cost of a grandstand is included in the entrance fee so you're just paying an entrance fee again!

Oh Octagon: you have got it badly wrong... again!
Old 28 May 2002, 20:16 (Ref:298779)   #20
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My main gripe, having got home to see the tickets, is what if we have conditions like at Brands last year, and literally everything in your bag gets soaked. You're forced to take the whole book to every meeting since you can't work out which ticket is for which event, and keeping a whole book safe, dry and non-dog-eared is going to be a challenge!
Old 28 May 2002, 21:01 (Ref:298846)   #21
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Suzy
We all know that the cost of a grandstand is included in the entrance fee so you're just paying an entrance fee again!
Grandstands are free smaller club meetings (well they are at Brands Hatch at least) and Silverstone used to give free grandstand seats for advanced booking (don't know if they still do), but for larger meetings (BTCC, F3, FIA) you WILL be charged extra.
Old 28 May 2002, 22:40 (Ref:298935)   #22
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol i thought they looked like raffle tickets

oh well, 2 for the price of 1, anyone wanna buy one?
Old 30 May 2002, 18:03 (Ref:300642)   #23
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Sandra phoned Silverstone and seats are INCLUDED for the season ticket holders for this weekend so I won't be paying another £10!!
Old 3 Jun 2002, 22:11 (Ref:303874)   #24
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
eeerrr well!! It seems that 3 times we were told that the seats were included over the phone but them on the gate made us pay. Now my mate was a bit narked about this and one thing lead to another and we are getting our money back!!!

Now you all might be interested that some people were given complimentary tickets before the day, others had free seat upgrades on the day whilst others paid.....

may just be worth your while to scream and yell at them tomorrow

What a nightmare!!

P**s ups and breweries come to mind
Old 4 Jun 2002, 20:03 (Ref:304749)   #25
pauldavid
Racer

pauldavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
w.s.b. Brands

As this seems to be the main forum for octogon, if anyone notices any special offers in the motoring press for paddock passes at Brands Hatch(buy one get one free ect) would they please post a reply, as we missed out on the buy one season ticket get one free this year which with me and the wife both getting 2 wheel and 4 wheel tickets cost us a £100 and we were takeing friends to the whitsun meeting we brought their tickets in advance only to find motorsport were doing a buy one get one free offer. Perhaps there could be a seperate forum for that sort of information, I know that people post this kind of stuff but you must admit the site is getting so huge now that it can take a fair bit of work to find what you want.