Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Jun 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1624863)   #1
davejenner
Rookie

davejenner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans 2006

I've just had a letter from the ACO.
Can anyone tell me roughly where Post 70 is, please?
Also information on camping (caravan). Is there an official's camp site, or what's available?
Any information gratefully received

Cheers
Old 1 Jun 2006, 20:17 (Ref:1624922)   #2
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you lucky B, i would love to marshall at lemans, i have never been to lemans but there should be a map of the track on google with the marshall posts on it so ill have a quick search for ya.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1624929)   #3
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Post 70 is the Brit post at the 2nd chicane on the Mulsanne. Know Racegypsy and Racekeke will also be there.

I'll be at 106, between Arnage and Porsche curves. Look out for the Martini Focus, I'll be there from Monday lunchtime onwards.

Steve
Old 1 Jun 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1624931)   #4
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Camping is generally small gatherings around your post. Believe you back onto the golf course.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward some maps and info to you.

Steve
Old 1 Jun 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1624940)   #5
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did that post in 2003. You camp in the woods at the bottom of the golf course which is about a 3 minute walk from post. Far enough from the track to be able to sleep without ear plugs. Not much in the way of amenities, all we had was one porta loo between all of us (around 60 people - marshals and guests) which only got emptied once in 6 days!. No showers apart from using a hose pipe that we found linked up to the golf course sprinkler system, thankfully 2003 was very hot! When you can gain access to the public roads, the supermarket at mulsanne is only 5 minutes away. Once the race is on you can get via the infield roads into Le Mans. Recommend carrefour supermarket in Le Mans for all your needs (apart from the fact that we could not find disposable BBQ's!)

On the Friday (stand down day) get into Le Mans early to grab a steak and some stellas and catch the parade. I missed the parade as i under did the eating and over did the stellas.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 1 Jun 2006, 22:45 (Ref:1625042)   #6
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Click here for my ARTICLE.

Poste 70 (Quatre vingt dix/KATra vant deese) has not moved. The access roads should be accurate but some have very `obscure' entry locations.

Pix are from Poste 83 in 1999 and are at the Western end of the golf course.

PM for more information and stories of my adventures. Wish I was going again.

Old 1 Jun 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1625066)   #7
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
post 70 is on the boss du mulsanne which is at the end of the mulsanne straight just be for the corner .i will be there again this year we have a very freindly group of marshals if you pm me we have are own website which has pictures of post and some useful information
Old 2 Jun 2006, 08:10 (Ref:1625209)   #8
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear
Poste 70 (Quatre vingt dix/KATra vant deese)
Unless they speak very differently in Le Mans, if you ask for Quatre-vingt-dix you'll get directed to Post 90. Try soixante-dix instead!
Old 2 Jun 2006, 08:29 (Ref:1625221)   #9
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant
Post 70 is the Brit post at the 2nd chicane on the Mulsanne. Know Racegypsy and Racekeke will also be there.

Steve
Is that not post 61, becase thats were im suposed to be going?
Old 2 Jun 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1625257)   #10
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Jen, you're right, you and Hollywood are with Bob the Gypsy at 2nd Chicane(61). You're in with mostly locals.
Parles tu Francais?

Steve is confusing you - 70 is the Bushie's Brit Boys at the humpette.

Asp - why not really confuse things for those heading for the humpette and tell them to ask for septante? Eh! (Quebecois accent)

Al - inmate of 106bis.

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 2 Jun 2006 at 09:09.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1625271)   #11
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
Jen, you're right, you and Hollywood are with Bob the Gypsy at 2nd Chicane(61). You're in with mostly locals.
Parles tu Francais?
Je parle le très petit français!! Why cant i bring the google translator with me!!!
Old 2 Jun 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1625371)   #12
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
lookin' cool

weather that is - 15 day forecast here
Old 2 Jun 2006, 17:18 (Ref:1625586)   #13
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Unless they speak very differently in Le Mans, if you ask for Quatre-vingt-dix you'll get directed to Post 90. Try soixante-dix instead!
Ooooops!

That shows what happens when you haven't been there in a while (P 83-1999, P 55-2000 & P 128-2001 & 2002). soixante-dix is pronouced SwahSONT dees for those who care.

A bit of trivia from one of my THREADS :

Just about 50 years ago, Mike Hawthorne drove his 1956 D-type Jaguar around the Le Mans circuit on a pre-race day with two movie cameras and a special microphone fitted. THIS clip is the result and you can hear his description (and the electrical interference that the ignition system causes with the audio) as well as look over his shoulder while he drives.

It is almost enough to bring a tear to one's eye, wouldn't you say?

Last edited by thebear; 2 Jun 2006 at 17:26.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 18:04 (Ref:1625608)   #14
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Quote:
Steve is confusing you - 70 is the Bushie's Brit Boys at the humpette.

Al - inmate of 106bis.
Okay, I'm trying!!!!! Hard!!!! Apologies for confusing the 2nd chicane with the humpette!!!!! Fairly close by to each other though (0.9 kms to be precise!!!!!).

Steve - returnee of 106bis (and cooked by Thruxton sunshine today!!!!!).
Old 2 Jun 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1625630)   #15
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant
Steve - returnee of 106bis (and cooked by Thruxton sunshine today!!!!!).
And looking at the weather forecast for tommorrow, you'll be cooked again at Thruxton. Take plenty of fluids

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 9 Jun 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1630443)   #16
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Quote:
i
Ok, last day I can check, looks like we might have rain again. Sunday most likely.
Arrgh, you know what happened last time I was on the start shift and it rained at 106 - yep, track blocked.

Anyways, good luck to all heading down to La Sarthe, will try to meet up with some. Just one last thought, at the bottom of the final letter from the ACO this year is a new bit. Basically it translates as yer overalls will be given to you at sign on, (OK) but then underlined bit, these are the only overalls recognised by the organisation on and at the side of the track.

So, like we can't do the one upmanship of who's got the oldest whites they can still fit into? Or wear yer old comfortable thicker probans on the 0100-0300 shift....
My arse!
Old 9 Jun 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1630852)   #17
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Well, if they can find official overalls big enough for me, then fine I'll wear them!!!!!

If not, I'll use my own white set!!!!

Steve
Old 9 Jun 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1630869)   #18
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Video was absolutely, completely fantastic!