Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jul 2001, 11:57 (Ref:123245)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alesi To Jordan!!!!!!!!

If the rumours on Speedvision are true....

Sam Posey stated that Alesi will be finishing out the season for Jordan.
This could be fun.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 12:11 (Ref:123246)   #2
Victor Broccoli
Racer

Victor Broccoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alesi to Jordan?!?

Listening to the Speedvision pre-race, they've reported that Zonta will take care of this race, with Jean Alesi to take over the ride on a race-by-race basis. If this is true, huzzah to Alesi.

But, I do have a few questions about this sort of move:

1. Is it true? It seems quite farfetched to me, although the connections of Alesi-Jordan in F3000 could justify this.

2. What of Sato? Is it that Alesi is the stopgap option until Sato is ready/is allowed to race for Jordan? Are Sato's F3/BAR commitments too strong for Jordan to get his hands on him. Or has Frentzen's legal team done something to prevent Sato from getting in the car?

3. Who's in at Prost? Who would take over for Jean? Could this be the glorious return of Gaston Mazzacane? Can anyone see my bias?

These are things to point out.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 12:14 (Ref:123248)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My only cocern is getting Alesi in a better car.

Victor, next time check the list before posting a new thread please.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 12:17 (Ref:123249)   #4
Victor Broccoli
Racer

Victor Broccoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EERO...I created the topic first (i.e. clicked the Post New Topic button) and I was typing the message during the start of the race and I left it alone for a little bit (i.e. watching the Schumi/Burti incident) before continuing and then posting the message. However, by the time that I had posted the message, you had posted yours already.

Sorry for any inconvience this may have caused, but most definately when I started writing the message yours was not up yet.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 12:20 (Ref:123252)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Okey dokey.

That red flag session gives us a chance to catch up on our posts!
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:08 (Ref:123283)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear he'll move to Jordan from the Hungaroring onwards sending HHF to Prost from then on too. BIG rumour, and all the more strong after Zonta's performance this weekend.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:22 (Ref:123297)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's what I heard during the race :

"Altough Pedro Paulo Diniz not confirmed, Alesi will be at Jordan for the next GP until the end of season. Zonta will replace him, as a part of the Prost's plan to save financial resources."
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:32 (Ref:123301)   #8
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Prost going to sell up? Alesi has said that while ever Prost is at the helm he will be staying, I know things change - but is PRost to sell up to Diniz and or some Brazilian consortium. There does seem to be a big Brazilian connection there.
But, yippee - if it's true then Alesi will have another shot at a competitive car.
On another note, has Hakkinen signed for McLaren yet. EJ said that where Frentzen ends up may surprise some people. Frentzen for McLaren maybe?
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:44 (Ref:123321)   #9
Tristan
Veteran

That actually DOES figure. A German in a Merc is what they've always wanted and HHF was one of their protéges. Nad no, Mika has NOT signed yet. He was in another one of his schizophrenic glum moods this weekend. Like I said, if I were Ron I'd fire him. Really I would.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:48 (Ref:123325)   #10
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
I've been pushing for HHF in a McLaren for ages. I even said earlier this week that I thought he could up there.

I'm still convinced Hakkinen is on the way out. Maybe EJ bagged Frentzen because HHF was already talking to McLaren.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:03 (Ref:123336)   #11
Tristan
Veteran

It's a theory. We should sell this rumour to a news agency!!
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:17 (Ref:123352)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pitlane gossip is humming on this one, but my take (going by what I Have Heard) is that the conversations between Eddie Jordan and Flav are not, as speculated, about switching Fisi and Button.

They are about sending Zonta to Benetton and Button to Prost.

Zonta is a far better and more experienced development driver than Button is, and this would get him in on the ground floor of a team that's (let us face facts) no worse than the one he's presently driving for.... Flavio/Renault would join Eddie to pay some consideration to Prost who needs it desperately, and perhaps a little help with a Renault engine deal next year, in return.

And Zonta has stated before and his management team have said he will not drive for Prost.

So that's what I think.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:22 (Ref:123356)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I heard somewhere that EJ said that it will be a big surprise where HHF will land....

Where he said that ????
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:28 (Ref:123361)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think it would be a daft move for alesi to jump ship from prost in the middle of a season. he could end up with the famous ej curse, and not get a drive for next year.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:39 (Ref:123372)   #15
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
i think it would be a daft move for alesi . . .
Personally, I agree, but the sources now confirming the move are very respected.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:39 (Ref:123373)   #16
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On dailyf1 Alesi even said that yes, there might be a Jordan in his near future. I like Prost very much, but I want Alesi score points regularly and the Jordan, althogh not a real missile this season, still is faster.

Regards,

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/jeanalesifreaks
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:41 (Ref:123376)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Maxmil
...but the sources now confirming the move are very respected.
rats. everyone will regret that. just y'all wait.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:51 (Ref:123384)   #18
riusnow
Racer

riusnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good for Alesi. He should go to another team. Not much happening at Prost.
I'm wondering how everyone gets up early enough to jump on the computer before the race. I have a hard enough time trying to find the remote (and my cereal!).
Old 29 Jul 2001, 16:06 (Ref:123398)   #19
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Alesi to Jordan?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Victor Broccoli
Who's in at Prost? Who would take over for Jean? Could this be the glorious return of Gaston Mazzacane? Can anyone see my bias?
Don't care Victor, Gaston will not return to F1. PSN dropped his sponsorship to him, and he don't have the resources to be back in F1. Also Giancarlo Minardi is angry with him because when he went out of the team Minardi lost the PSN sponsorship (and the project of PSN to buy the team and save it) and Minardi entered in a big risk to dissapear, risk what only Stoddart was capable to solve and save his team. Then, we will not see Mazzacane again in F1, now we will have his Malaysian version, Alex Yoong (and it is not to denostate the Malaysian driver, that is because Yoong is also the son of one of the principal of motorsport institutions of his home country).
Old 29 Jul 2001, 16:11 (Ref:123400)   #20
francis
Rookie

francis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well - there's crtainly something happening. ast time Jean got a point he was rfeally happy - today he was in a very dour mood and would only say he was very happy for them (the team). Maybe he's upset because he's either being made to move, or not allowed to move. I can't believe he'd voluntarily go just for 6 races. Jarno's making lots of noises about moving on too and given the crazy move he tried today I'm not sure Eddie wouldn't be glad to see the back of him. So how about the older hand Alesi guding teh new young star Sato next year. I can tell you that Sato's performance in the invitation F3 race at Silverstone 2 weeks ago was one of my highlights of the weekend.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 22:05 (Ref:123526)   #21
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alesi to Jordan?!?!?! WOWEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Ok, ok, so I want EJ to suffer, not the team itself. Tee hee...

GO JEAN GO!!!

And Heinz to McLaren?!?!?! YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!
Old 29 Jul 2001, 22:23 (Ref:123533)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan

GO JEAN GO!!!

What M Fan ? Do you think Alesi will make EJ suffer ???
Old 30 Jul 2001, 07:32 (Ref:123647)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it would be interesting to see how Alesi would go in a car like the Jordan, considering he's been putting up with uncompetitive machinery for the past 3 years. Would he figure in the points regularly, or would it go to prove that Alesi is past it and should retire?

Also, it does appear Prost is keen to sell up, probably to a Brazilian consortium, which is why the rumour about a Zonta/Alesi swap started. And that is why Barrichello has been connected with Prost (or the Brazilian superteam) in 2003.

As for HHF to McLaren, it's been rumoured before, and it may well happen. I'd be keeping the ear to the ground for the next few weeks as this could get very interesting.

So much for silly season not being silly anymore.
Old 30 Jul 2001, 08:15 (Ref:123664)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan

GO JEAN GO!!!

and again, myself and minardi fan disagree on the fundamentals of f1.
could this be the end of a beautiful friendship?

Last edited by bella; 30 Jul 2001 at 08:15.
Old 30 Jul 2001, 08:30 (Ref:123668)   #25
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, would be good to see how jean goes against Trulli if nothing else.Shame about Prost, would have liked to see him more successful, poor bugger.