Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 17 Sep 2003, 14:49 (Ref:721932)   #51
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just a quick note of interest to North Americans looking at all those good racing DVDs from the UK:

IT WORKS!
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 17 Sep 2003, 17:19 (Ref:722096)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good too, innit?
Old 26 Sep 2003, 00:21 (Ref:730292)   #53
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Spirit Level UK Ltd (London) now has "ç'etait une Rondezvous" on DVD for ~£15 including VAT. This is a "fresh print" of the '70s Ferrari run thru Paris at 06h00. It has been available for some time on VHS. Excellent sound and images - almost 10 minutes of fun with no cuts/fades/transistions.
-----------------------------
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." --Richard Jeni(On going to war over religion

Last edited by thebear; 26 Sep 2003 at 00:26.
Old 27 Sep 2003, 19:19 (Ref:732345)   #54
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Good too, innit?
The laps of Le Mans made my teeth vibrate.

The Nordschleife is an awesome track. People often call Mosport "Spa of North America," but on the bonus lap of Mosport (Vern Schuppan driving) on the DVD they call it the Nordschleife of North America, and beyond the fact that Mosport has no Carousel, I'm inclined to agree. Of course, it only has 2.459 miles and 10 corners (although there are three distinct parts to corner 5)... Maybe it's the speed of turns 1, 2 and 8 that makes people think about Eau Rouge? Piers Maserati described 8-10 as "like the entrance to the Porsche Curves" in a very complimentary way.

All this is tangential to my basic feeling, that Nordschleife is a brilliant track.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 29 Sep 2003, 11:22 (Ref:733945)   #55
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone wanna buy my "in car 956" VHS video (PAL) ?

I want to get the DVD version.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 12:34 (Ref:734009)   #56
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quoting the customer review for In-Car 956 on amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Whenever I see the word "Duke" on a video, I should know better and just avoid the thing... What was I thinking of?
A dreadful lash-up of odds-n-sods of footage. How can you take one of the world's best drivers, in one of the world's best cars and end up with this abomination?
The only redeeming feature is Bell's voice-over during a lap of the Nurburgring.
But otherwise; Just save yourself some money and avoid this DVD!
Think i'll ignore that one.... :P
ed

Last edited by Try Hard; 29 Sep 2003 at 12:35.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 13:50 (Ref:734095)   #57
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
I expect the DVD will be exactly the same as the video except on a shiny disk.

If you like those cars, you'll like the video/dvd
Old 29 Sep 2003, 15:49 (Ref:734240)   #58
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Did the VHS have the Mosport lap?

-Bill James
Old 29 Sep 2003, 16:29 (Ref:734299)   #59
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
nope
Old 29 Sep 2003, 17:51 (Ref:734412)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Try Hard
quoting the customer review for In-Car 956 on amazon.co.uk
Well the idiot that wrote that review needs to find him/herself another job p.d.q., I'd say. Assuming the footage on the DVD is the same as on my ancient video, I think (and have always thought) it's brilliant.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 13:39 (Ref:739351)   #61
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed.

The Le Mans laps (2) are priceless in themselves particularly the 1st lap out of the pits with the camera pos further back from the screen.

Just watch the white line and the scenery (extreme rh side) and ask what would it be like if something went wrong at that speed, especially at 3am?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 3 Oct 2003, 13:41 (Ref:739358)   #62
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"A Star named Ayrton Senna" is a good video too btw. Any one got any thoughts on this one?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport