Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 18 Nov 2009, 03:44 (Ref:2583940)   #26
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I was surprised it was the world record. I would have imagined someone or some lot of ones to have made a track somewhere around that length before.
I was surprised as well for a while, and I know I've seen some tracks before that beggar belief in their scale. So to be a world record with 2.4 miles... just made me realise how long one mile actually is when you aren't in a car/train etc.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 06:43 (Ref:2583967)   #27
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
According to the program page on the BBC website there isn't any shows forthcoming after the scaletrix one
Just watched the Scalextric one, loved it. Incredible involvement from so many people, lots of fun and sufficiently tongue in cheek to be enjoyable. If James had taken it too seriously the temptation to rip the oiss out of him might have been irresistable.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2583982)   #28
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
According to the program page on the BBC website there isn't any shows forthcoming after the scaletrix one
I think they mentioned at the end of the Scalextric programme that the next one (Hornby trains) will be shown at Christmas.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 09:04 (Ref:2584002)   #29
Daimlerman
Racer

England
West Sussex - England
Daimlerman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant programme!!!

What am I going to watch on a Tuesday night now?
Old 18 Nov 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2584005)   #30
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
I think they mentioned at the end of the Scalextric programme that the next one (Hornby trains) will be shown at Christmas.
James said at Christmas but then the voiceover lady at the end said that Christmas is going to be early and it will be shown next week.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 09:20 (Ref:2584008)   #31
Cameron Winton
Racer

Cameron Winton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCameron Winton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit OTT but anyone get a lap time????

Kids now want me to dig out the scaletrix out of the loft and buy more track so it will go upstairs. (They are both girls by the way)
well impressed by the ability of the cars to go uphill.

Guess what will sell this Christmas??
Old 18 Nov 2009, 10:13 (Ref:2584029)   #32
Daimlerman
Racer

England
West Sussex - England
Daimlerman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a kid I used to set up the track to simulate production car trials using bits of furniture as supports!!!

Even went as far as weighting the cars at the back to obtain more grip!!

God I must have been sad!
Old 18 Nov 2009, 14:09 (Ref:2584231)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I was gutted that at no time were any of the cars I had (there were quite a few dating from the 70's/80's) shown on the programme, even in that guys loft!!

Good job they used 'modern' Porsches and not the old Mini 1275's to practise with otherwise there would have been some dead car park at the bottom of that lake!!
Old 18 Nov 2009, 18:04 (Ref:2584384)   #34
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see them do the same thing with Micro Scalextric!

I loved the slomo's oif the car going round the track, awsome some stuff
Old 14 Dec 2009, 19:46 (Ref:2599656)   #35
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The final two (of six) episodes are on at Xmas as previously mentioned:

5/6 on BBC 2 at 1900 hrs Sunday 20th Dec - building a full-size Lego house.

6/6 also on BBC 2 at 1900 hrs Christmas Day - building a 10-mile model railway!

Inspiration for those of you who will have to assemble the same for children (or for yourself of course) that week!

For anyone who missed the first four, they are repeated from Monday to Thursday (i.e. between the above two) on BBC 2, late-afternoon starting between 1645 and 1700 hrs. All the above times are according to the TV & Satellite mag which is normally quite accurate but best to check nearer the time.

Gary
Old 14 Dec 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2599677)   #36
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the info Gary, I only saw ONE of the six episodes so I'm glad they're being repeated.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2602911)   #37
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
LEGO episode was tonight. I saw the end.. and now watching the start Enjoying it so far!

Lots of bricks!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 21:52 (Ref:2602919)   #38
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Damn, missed it. Is it repeated again?
Old 20 Dec 2009, 21:58 (Ref:2602925)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe at the end of the repeats from Monday this week onwards?

It was a fun episode, I liked it. Brick-tastic.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2602932)   #40
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Damn, missed it. Is it repeated again?
Up now on BBC iPlayer
Old 20 Dec 2009, 22:21 (Ref:2602934)   #41
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
iPlayer = nice idea
iPlayer = crap reality
Old 20 Dec 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2602936)   #42
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Sad ending to the Brick house though...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8269479.stm

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2602941)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Save Fusker!
Old 20 Dec 2009, 22:44 (Ref:2602950)   #44
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
iPlayer = nice idea
iPlayer = crap reality
Only if you don't know how to use it properly. (Or your internet connection is stuck in the dark ages). Try ITV Player or 4oD and then you won't be complaining about iPlayer.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2602959)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Try ITV generally and you won't be complaining about being punched in the face.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 00:27 (Ref:2603005)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Yeah iPlayer is top notch, really is. I hated it when I was up north, where we are yet to move onto dial up, but down here it's great.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 00:35 (Ref:2603008)   #47
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I'm sure it's lovely but obviously Woking is behind Didcot in terms of connection to the outside world
Old 21 Dec 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2603010)   #48
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As far as the outside world is concerned, that's probably for the best.
Old 27 Dec 2009, 18:30 (Ref:2605437)   #49
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did anyone catch the final show in the series on Christmas Day, I watched ittoday as the other half was at work fantastic stuff, its a shame that they failed. For me the best show of the whole series.
Old 27 Dec 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2605445)   #50
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah was good. And it's got me craving for a train set again.