Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Feb 2002, 10:07 (Ref:210999)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 2002 FERRARI...REVEALED

Well, not just yet! But we're just minutes away from the birth of Ferrari's 2002 Formula One championship challenger...the car that would defend the title won by the most successful driver ever.

The moment has arrived...

Old 6 Feb 2002, 10:21 (Ref:211003)   #2
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Live update:

0930 hrs : AMD announces partnership with Ferrari

1000 hrs : Officially named F2002, still covered but nose is higher than last year.

1100 hrs : Michael makes his appearance in a F550...witnessed by 300 journalists around the world.

1115 hrs : The car is unveiled. Awaiting first presentation pictures to arrive.

Last edited by Gt_R; 6 Feb 2002 at 10:23.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 10:24 (Ref:211005)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is this Italian time?
Old 6 Feb 2002, 10:32 (Ref:211008)   #4
Gt_R
Veteran

Yepp...i think so...

1125 hrs : The car is beautiful, reported to have some similarities to the successful F2001

1130 hrs : The Marlboro sponsor sticker is much larger than that seen on the F2001 car being tested in preseason testing sessions. There are some pictures around on the net at this moment, but unsure if they are the real pics or just computer modified...
Old 6 Feb 2002, 10:39 (Ref:211010)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Well...here is the first pictures of the new F2002!

Should be the real thing...

The rear looks extremely sleak...and the side pod is extremely low when compared to the old car!

Livery doesn't look too appealing...but the car is a beatiful piece of art!
Old 6 Feb 2002, 10:51 (Ref:211015)   #6
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yuck! The cheapens the famous Scarlet Red livery. I hate it. That looks, really, really cheap. 2002 hasn't been a good year for liveries, has it??? That truly is shocking. Hideous. Awful. Better stop now before I start with the expletives....
Old 6 Feb 2002, 10:54 (Ref:211016)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's difficult to tell, but have they separated the lower front wishbone mounting point? (like Sauber). From this shot it looks like they haven't.

The front nose looks quite fat, but I think this is because the sidepods and rear are very sleak.

The paint scheme seems messy and tacky. It might be the lighting, but it seems to be a pretty horrible orange/white mix, with additional stickers everywhere. There are no tic tac stickers (which is disappointing ).

Overall (IMO) it looks ugly, but then this is probably down to the fact that it is a current F1 car! However, it does look like it'll do the business. I expect it's Michael's year (again).

Last edited by Adam43; 6 Feb 2002 at 10:56.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 10:57 (Ref:211017)   #8
Gt_R
Veteran

The excess white doesnt really go down well with my dinner, but hey, the rear IS very narrow! The rear looks radical enough, but i am a little disappointed not to see the "double kneel" which is highly expected and used on the Sauber and Mclaren.

1135 hrs : Ross Brawn speaking about the technical aspects of the new car.

1145 hrs : Dimensions of the new car is as follow:
4495 millimetres long, 1796 millimetres wide, and, 959 millimetres high.

1150 hrs : Michael is speaking to 600 guests in English and Italian. Translated quote : "It is my goal to win the championship as Ferrari is my family. I promise I will do everything I can to keep Ferrari number 1."

1200 hrs : The new engine, 051, is 2997cc V10 40 valves unit.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 10:59 (Ref:211018)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

More pictures ( courtesy of tifosi-club.com )

Old 6 Feb 2002, 10:59 (Ref:211019)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aaaarrrggghhhhh !!!!!!!!!!

They made it ! Couldn't get worst...
Old 6 Feb 2002, 11:19 (Ref:211023)   #11
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What the f*ck are you all on about?! - What's horrible about it? It's fantastic, for God's sakes! I really don't understand how many F1 fans are able to derive enjoyment from following the sport when all they care about is livery! And in any case, the livery's fine with me.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 11:21 (Ref:211024)   #12
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heh-heeee beers on me guys!
Old 6 Feb 2002, 11:22 (Ref:211025)   #13
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
What an incredible rear end.... check the old car
Old 6 Feb 2002, 11:23 (Ref:211026)   #14
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
...and this one:
Old 6 Feb 2002, 11:25 (Ref:211027)   #15
M Power
Racer

M Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cars looks good not great but very nice on the eyes .but by far one of the better looking cars this year

1 thing I don't like is the vodafone symbol looks to Okely for me
Old 6 Feb 2002, 11:28 (Ref:211028)   #16
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
What the f*ck are you all on about?! - What's horrible about it? It's fantastic, for God's sakes! I really don't understand how many F1 fans are able to derive enjoyment from following the sport when all they care about is livery! And in any case, the livery's fine with me.
Yep, Glen, I can see your point - most people do speak about the livery - that's because that's the most obvious thing. When I looked at the car, I didn't look at the suspension configuration first - I looked at the livery. Thats why I wrote about.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 11:28 (Ref:211029)   #17
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it. It looks much longer than last years and not as tall. I like the barge boards and the engine cover.

Notice the exhaust pipes they are much closer the the driver than last year and the body work finishes in front of the rear wheels, wierd.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 11:36 (Ref:211030)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Clearly none of us care that much about the livery to the point were it is the thing we most follow in F1. However, when you see a picture of a current F1 car, there is not a lot else that we can talk about is there?
We have had a stab at some of the technical stuff, but even this can only be restricted to skin deep. When we se some more of the quotes from the team more discussion can take place, but even this is going to be superficial as they are not going to give us much to go on.

Anyway.

Did they say in the launch anything about the transmission or how much of a development the engine has undergone. Have any of these radical developments in these areas come to light? Or are they keeping quiet?

Last edited by Adam43; 6 Feb 2002 at 11:39.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 11:58 (Ref:211035)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Relax Glen...

I have a red car... I like red livery. I just think the white scheme didn't fit well with the traditional red livery...

The design is superb like the last years.

...but that "white" killed the red ferrari I like to see.

Don't cry anyway, they will be champions again.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 12:00 (Ref:211038)   #20
timbo2001
Racer

timbo2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this years ferrari - as with every year - looks absolutely smashing. best car of the year so far. and i don't see why you are all complaining about the livery, it could be alot worse. And geez, they have to get their money from somewhere, and if it means getting people aboard like vodaphone so be it.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 12:03 (Ref:211040)   #21
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Of course they will...

Anyway, do you notice the exhausts?
Old 6 Feb 2002, 12:03 (Ref:211041)   #22
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really thin inside the rear wheels - no flip-ups or other arrangements to take air over the inside edges of the wheels - so much space around the gearbox and diff that all the air appears to be channelled inside, over the rear susp and under the wing.

No evidence of the eagerly awaited "Rinlad" (like Sauber and Mclaren) front suspension set-up.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 12:03 (Ref:211042)   #23
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Ooops forgot to attach the file...
Attached Thumbnails
3bis.jpg  
Old 6 Feb 2002, 12:22 (Ref:211051)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
No evidence of the eagerly awaited "Rinlad" (like Sauber and Mclaren) front suspension set-up.
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
but i am a little disappointed not to see the "double kneel" which is highly expected and used on the Sauber and Mclaren
Quote:
Originally posted by me
It's difficult to tell, but have they separated the lower front wishbone mounting point? (like Sauber).
The one thing that we were all expecting!
How difficult do think it would be to change?
Is this the definitive F2002? Well I suppose not - loads of testing and development to do before Melbourne (let alone before Suzuka!). Maybe we will see changes of this area before Melbourne?
However I would have thought that this could effect the aerodynamics of the rest of the car quite strongly so you choose one version before finalising the rest of the cars design.
Maybe it's doesn't make much difference either way?

Last edited by Adam43; 6 Feb 2002 at 12:26.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 12:27 (Ref:211054)   #25
Glen
Veteran

Considering that the "double keels" would be extensions of the chassis, and also considering (as Adam points out) that this set up must alter the aerodynamics condiderably, and also considering that the season is less than a month away - I think they must have decided against the "Rinland/Sauber" design.