Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Dec 2002, 19:51 (Ref:447821)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2002 a one-off for Ferrari?

Check out this article:

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/13677

Do you agree with it? Or is it a load of bull****?
Old 11 Dec 2002, 19:59 (Ref:447826)   #2
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How could one agree or disagree with it? It remains sheer speculation. Having said that, it can't be denied that supremacy like Ferrari showed in 2002 tends to end sooner or later. It'll depend on Michelin. Once they sort out their tyres and are able to supply both Williams and McLaren as effectivly as Bridgestone does with Ferrari, than there is some change of real competition.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 22:04 (Ref:447921)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I agree. Like I've said in other threads, there is no way that someone as talented as Newey will allow this to happen again. I fully expect the second half of next season to be very close
Old 11 Dec 2002, 22:08 (Ref:447927)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
2002 a one-off for Ferrari?..... i bloody well hope so!
Old 11 Dec 2002, 22:10 (Ref:447928)   #5
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt it... Schumi's just trying to build up the competition so his dominance is somehow impressive...
Old 12 Dec 2002, 08:12 (Ref:448082)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Load of bull****. I agree with Lee's quote above...
Old 12 Dec 2002, 09:03 (Ref:448123)   #7
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tyres won't make any difference eventhough Michelin comes up with a better tyre package if both of the team's package ain't that competitive
Old 12 Dec 2002, 09:10 (Ref:448129)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Yeah Jukes. It all depends on the valve seals.

I can't see next year being any better than this year, which was worse than last year. While Bridgestone continues to mould their tyre around SchM's Ferrari, the domination will continue.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 09:28 (Ref:448135)   #9
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure BMW must have a way to perfect the seal by now..just observe their pitstops...Valve

Aye to Michael and Ferrari expected domination
Old 12 Dec 2002, 11:07 (Ref:448189)   #10
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The worrying thing for everyone else is that the current dominance is not particularly down to one technical "thing". Tyres, sure, are a big factor - but even this is more complex than simply being a question of Michelin building a better tyre... The Bridgestones suit the Ferrari perfectly, and crucially with relation to tyre wear and consistency, which is miles ahead of the competition.

From top to bottom the current Ferrari team is better in virtually every single area - and that includes management, which ensures a continuation of the same deal for the forseeable future. I'd say they will stay at the top until one of the big four players leaves - as long as Michael, Ross, Jean and Rory stick together they've got it made.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 11:52 (Ref:448212)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Glen, I hope you are not trying to cheer me up; if so, you are failing miserably
Old 12 Dec 2002, 12:00 (Ref:448217)   #12
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have you noticed how contradictary TGF is.

Remember how he said he will be as fast and dominant as he was this year?

i bloody hope he is right though.

McLaren and Williams would have learnt a hard lesson this year, and over the winter they will be working like nothing else, i just hope Newey will generate some masterpeice like the 98 McLaren improvement.

but then again, so will Ferrari.

Expect more of the same, and i hope i am very much mistaken

Tom.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 12:02 (Ref:448218)   #13
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey VB, don't worry so...

A few crumbs of comfort for you:

Yet again Ferrari are building new everything, virtually, including engine. Surely there must be room for reliability isues to creep in when so much of the car is brand new.

Also, the 2003 car is supposedly more of a leap forward then the 2002 was from the 2001. Two things could happen - either they'll crush the opposition or issues will crop up that have not been foreseen. Before now teams have ended up with a car that mysteriously just does not work at certain circuits, or that has hard to find "gremlins".

Thirdly, Williams or McLaren are well capable of building a car which is at least close to Ferrari - combine that with better tyre wear ad consistency from Michelin and, hey presto, we get closer races again. If JPM or Kimi get as much as a sniff of the Ferrari gearbox they will start to push very hard indeed.

None of the above is nearly as likely as a continuation of dominance, but there are some grounds for optimism. I personally hope for really radical designs from Williams and McLaren, together with much better consistency from the Michelin tyres.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 13:36 (Ref:448310)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A one-off. Definitely not. 2003 will be as deadly boring as 2002. If I were the others, I wouldn't waste my millions turning up.