Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Apr 2008, 14:36 (Ref:2178092)   #51
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forgot to mention this earlier, did anyone see Jorge's interview with Suzi Perry on the BBC race coverage? The section about his father was rather revealing. I had no idea about this.
Old 15 Apr 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2178110)   #52
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You have to wonder about Vermin with guys liek Spies lurking in teh background really.

I think Hopper really made the bike look good last year and with Denning telling everyione that the bike is a bitza 07/08 machine it seems that Suzuki have got their 08 bike pretty seriously wrong!

This may be why they are struggling a bit.

Plus I also think that a lot of this is down to the tyre situation. Michelin are clearly better at the moment and that is why people like Toseland, De Puniet and Dovi are doing so well, its obvious to me that those three are not head and shoulders ahead of the likes of Loris, Vermin, West and a few others but its all about tyres, its that simple.

Having said that does anyone think Elias,Guinters or Marco would be higher up on Michelins!!
Old 17 Apr 2008, 15:02 (Ref:2179895)   #53
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
as for the Stoner loose bit sometimes locking the steering--scarey big time, any of you who rides bikes (motorized or not) can appreciate the arse-puckering feeling he must have had when the bloody thing blocked the steering head--very scarey indeed. As he mentioned, he wasnt sure what it was so didnt chuck it off right awya, thinking his bike could die if he did.
I'd be teed off, especially with the weekend not going all that well...
Old 17 Apr 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2180117)   #54
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
I forgot to mention this earlier, did anyone see Jorge's interview with Suzi Perry on the BBC race coverage? The section about his father was rather revealing. I had no idea about this.
Unfortunately i don't watch the BBC coverage, whilst Suzi is gorgeous, i prefer listening to Julian and Toby. What did the piece say?
Old 17 Apr 2008, 19:55 (Ref:2180125)   #55
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
The problem is he is pants.
18th (out of 18) in the standings - not bad going
Old 18 Apr 2008, 13:40 (Ref:2180687)   #56
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Unfortunately i don't watch the BBC coverage, whilst Suzi is gorgeous, i prefer listening to Julian and Toby. What did the piece say?
I listen to Toby and Julian too, they manage to make things sound a bit more exciting. I've got nothing against the Parrish and Cox, in fact I used to like Cox during his BTCC commentating days. I watch the BBC MotoGP pre-race coverage and I also switch to them when Eurosport go for their breaks.

Anyway, I digress, Suzie showed him a photo from his book during the interview which had him in his racing leathers with a chain around him. She then asked what that was all about perhaps knowing it could so easily be misread. Anyway, Jorge reply was along the lines that it reflected a stage in his life where he felt his personality was not allowed to come to the fore, kinda like he was being restrained.

My understanding (and I could be wrong) was that this restraining influence which I got the impression wasn't always good for his head was in the form of his father. He said once his dad father made up his mind about something, that was it, he would not listen to anyone else. He seemed to have a bit of difficulty talking about the whole thing. He did say he is where he is now because of his father's approach though.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 04:20 (Ref:2182526)   #57
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=cg7aa]I listen to Toby and Julian too, they manage to make things sound a bit more exciting. I've got nothing against the Parrish and Cox, in fact I used to like Cox during his BTCC commentating days.

likewise, my feelings as well, and I too used to enjoy Cox in the BTCC days when i followed it (Menu days, et al, 10 yrs ago i guess or a bit less)

thanks btw for the explanation vis-a-vis his father.