Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 2 May 2003, 20:44 (Ref:587991)   #26
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry - was only trying to wind up Lee!!
Old 2 May 2003, 20:55 (Ref:588003)   #27
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Elio
Sorry - was only trying to wind up Lee!!
Too easy!

Which reminds me, I've got to go out and scream at that oak tree that keeps dropping leaves on my car.
Old 3 May 2003, 01:17 (Ref:588137)   #28
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta

But do they have a choice after Surfer's last year? I don't think anyone would stand behind the series if they had to cancel another non-oval race on account of rain.
I would take the opposite point of view... after Surfers last year, CART management would be considered very irresponsible (and perhaps liable in a court of law) if they willfully held the race in rainy conditions that could initiate a repeat of the carnage of Surfers. I think in that case, profits should come second rather than having people die because of a "need" to complete a scheduled race under any circumstances. Its a tough nut... pitting lives against lost revenue.
Old 3 May 2003, 03:03 (Ref:588152)   #29
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, it was disappointing. But the call not to go racing was absolutely right at Surfers. The issue was how long the "race" should have gone for.
Old 3 May 2003, 04:07 (Ref:588167)   #30
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but this is not a series that can survive much more bad publicity. We need 18 cars again next spring...
Old 3 May 2003, 05:02 (Ref:588183)   #31
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, but this is not a series that can survive much more bad publicity. We need 18 cars again next spring...
We also need the 18 drivers around next year Lee.
Old 3 May 2003, 05:18 (Ref:588194)   #32
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The bad publicity the series would get for a cancelled event would be nothing compared to the bad publicity we'd get for a fatal accident in conditions that Cart should not have been racing in.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 3 May 2003, 06:59 (Ref:588223)   #33
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie P-E
Does any one know If the weekend admission ticket includes entry to the lower paddock, I have access to the pit lane but I just want to know if it includes that as i have mates in btcc, formula renault and renault clio.

please can someone reply to this.

cheers Jamie
If you have a ordinary public addmission ticket you will need a paddock ticket for Sunday & Monday,and I understand they are already sold out for Monday.However as you say you have pit lane access I would think that would give you entry to eveywhere else,bar a numbered stand seat.
See thread 'Champcar-Brands RUINED for more details of problems you may encounter!
Sorry if this is too late and you are already on your way.
Old 3 May 2003, 08:21 (Ref:588262)   #34
VIVA_Carpentier
Rookie

VIVA_Carpentier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do you think really that's a problem for the netx year. I think the actual cars come back next year. PK Racing probably come back with another car. Fittipaldi want another car. Maybe Pensky will come back. And probably other good news about it...

Captain Pook spoke about a maximum of 22 cars because the place in the paddock. The series do his name this year. And that's feel very good. The good perspective in economy, come back. I think, with no problem, 22 cars for the next year.
Old 4 May 2003, 16:04 (Ref:589235)   #35
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
From Champweb...

Word in the paddock at Brands Hatch is that Jean Todt, and several of his right hand men, will be wandering around the pits on Monday. Also expected to be seen on Monday will be Minardi F1 team owner Paul Stoddart. Stoddart is expected to be a guest of Dale Coyne Racing, and Alex Yoong. Another guest is expected to be Eddie Jordan, who will have Newman-Haas walk him around.

Several engine manufacturers have already been to Brands, including two major German manufacturers.

Then, of course, we are hearing the usual Bernie Ecclestone visitations as well on Monday, so we could be in for an interesting day...
Old 4 May 2003, 16:14 (Ref:589251)   #36
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
From Champweb...

Several engine manufacturers have already been to Brands, including two major German manufacturers.

mercedes? and maybe volkswagen?
Old 4 May 2003, 18:46 (Ref:589363)   #37
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got to be those two. The American markets important to the both of them I think.

I think Merc's been rumoured to entering as an engine supplier in 2005?