Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 May 2003, 13:20 (Ref:596908)   #126
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by rlinter
Liz hard @ work!!
We'll try to jump on Liz (poor Liz !) next June : now she's a star on the TT forum too !!! Thank you Rlinter !
Old 12 May 2003, 13:34 (Ref:596926)   #127
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
We'll try to jump on Liz (poor Liz !) next June : now she's a star on the TT forum too !!! Thank you Rlinter !
Glad to be of service..... Now the question is did Liz get any strange pic's of me?

Last edited by rlinter; 12 May 2003 at 13:35.
Old 12 May 2003, 18:27 (Ref:597209)   #128
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Bernard, if you're asking about the direction of the flag, this was discussed on the IMSA board during Sebring. Apparently protocol is that the flags are supposed to be put on the cars so that you interpret them as flying in the wind - which is obviously moving over the car front-to-back.

Was that your question?
thank you, exactly what I was wondering
Old 13 May 2003, 01:46 (Ref:597529)   #129
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rlinter I have one of you and djb on the ferry, poring over the array of gorgeous photos djb took at Brands. But it is a mere photo on paper so you will have to wait til I can get it scanned.....
Old 14 May 2003, 00:01 (Ref:598388)   #130
J.J.S.S.Express
Rookie

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
J.J.S.S.Express should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Le mans test day gallery is here :
http://site.voila.fr/fdlm/lm2003prm/lm2003prm.html

I have meet Herbert, Wallace and Dumfries and Katayama but just after the breafing (3rd of may, 4PM) somebody steal my bag with 2 film of 24 photos and my 2 lens of 200 and 400mm !
There are not just any fans in Le Mans...
Old 14 May 2003, 01:12 (Ref:598412)   #131
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry to hear you lost your valuables -- some people just don't know how to behave. Personally I never put anything down while I am at a race track unless a friend can watch it with both eyes.
Old 14 May 2003, 05:23 (Ref:598472)   #132
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.S.S.Express

I have meet Herbert, Wallace and Dumfries and Katayama but just after the breafing (3rd of may, 4PM) somebody steal my bag with 2 film of 24 photos and my 2 lens of 200 and 400mm !
Reading your name, do we have to understand that you're a journalist at the Jean-Jacques Servan-Schreiber Express ? [Huh, actually no, after having checked your site, you're studying the relationship between JJSS and the news magazine...]

I'm very sorry for your bag ; considering the stuff the journalists have to carry, I can't imagine any solution to avoid that kind of problems... do ACO have some 'bag keeping' possibility for journalists, as the one in the Durand grandtstand ?

Last edited by Fab; 14 May 2003 at 05:29.
Old 14 May 2003, 17:16 (Ref:598947)   #133
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Reading your name, do we have to understand that you're a journalist at the Jean-Jacques Servan-Schreiber Express ? [Huh, actually no, after having checked your site, you're studying the relationship between JJSS and the news magazine...]

I'm very sorry for your bag ; considering the stuff the journalists have to carry, I can't imagine any solution to avoid that kind of problems... do ACO have some 'bag keeping' possibility for journalists, as the one in the Durand grandtstand ?
I thought media photographer had this kind of 'bag keeping' at the 3rd floor of the pit grandstand
Old 14 May 2003, 18:32 (Ref:599008)   #134
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Take it from someone a lot older

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.S.S.Express

Never, never put a bag down anywhere in this world. Not even when you are in the dunny, because the thieves will hook it out from the gap below the door and you can't chase after anyone with your pants down and doodee flapping about.

This especially applies to camera bags, laptops, and handbags of any type.
Old 15 May 2003, 04:59 (Ref:599328)   #135
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Re: Take it from someone a lot older

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
This especially applies to camera bags, laptops, and handbags of any type.
Two surprises (well for me !) : I didn't read you before on the Sportscars forum (if it's the case : welcome !), and the fact that you're posting from Persia : Gee ! That's really international here !
Old 15 May 2003, 10:24 (Ref:599563)   #136
Liz
Veteran

There are lockers in the media centre; however, it's hard to take photos when your camera is locked up in another part of the facility from where the photo ops are....

An old New Yorker trick is to hook your foot through the strap of your bag and keep it firmly between your boots. That way you'll notice if most anyone tries to remove it and you can give them a good kick and yell "Leave that alone!"