Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Mar 2006, 23:04 (Ref:1535791)   #526
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some teams such as Zytek and RFH, at this time, cannot make a full season commitment but are likely to be at most races.

They will be running state of the art prototypes that could potentially win Le Mans, they will get an entry ahead of a GT2 team running a 3 year old chassis who are not capable of class victories, season entry or not.

It's not going to happen, but, IF there were 40+ LMPs the ACO would probably accept most, if not all of them, as the LMS is a prototype series first and foremost. The GT1/GT2 grid would be restricted to factory backed entries. The GT overspill can always enter quality national series such as Belcar, French GT, Euro GT.

Regardless, teams are likely to drop out as time goes by for a multitude of reasons, so I doubt there'll be any need to turn away more than a handful of cars.

Looking to future seasons, as quality increases we will see smaller GT1/GT2 teams pull out, same goes for P2.

You'd struggle to attract more than 45 top quality entries, so plenty of room for everyone.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 07:40 (Ref:1535941)   #527
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Ethically and morally you're absolutely correct and I can't disagree with you.

Personally and selfishly, I hope the Zytek somehow get's an entry. I'd much rather see the Zytek than a GT2 car. But quite how Zytek get that entry without making a complete mockery of the rules (if I've understood them correctly) I just don't know.
I agee with you on that one; however, teams running GT cars periodically move to higher classes. Your gt2 Porsche runner could find a backer and begin running a P1 or P2 chassis--or a pair of them.

I can understand RfH's position but as for Zytek not being able to make a commitment for a full season: Why Not? They are a large manufacturing company with more than adequate resources. OK, so the car won't be ready for the first race--they could still show their support for the series by making a full season entry.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 10:53 (Ref:1536030)   #528
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
I can understand RfH's position but as for Zytek not being able to make a commitment for a full season: Why Not? They are a large manufacturing company with more than adequate resources. OK, so the car won't be ready for the first race--they could still show their support for the series by making a full season entry.
Especially if you consider that (he smaller) Creation succeeds in produce 2 hybrid LMP1s in time for the first LMS race.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 11:02 (Ref:1536038)   #529
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Especially if you consider that (he smaller) Creation succeeds in produce 2 hybrid LMP1s in time for the first LMS race.
Were Zytek perhaps also caught out by the carbon fibre shortage which appears to have affected a number of teams/projects this year?
Old 4 Mar 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1536054)   #530
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont think that the carbon fibre shortage is the main problem. you can get carbon fibre, but you have to pay more
its the same with titanium/high qualitiy steel at the moment. And its not a A380 problem, if its a aircraft problem, then its A400 and B787.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 16:35 (Ref:1536207)   #531
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Creation are a race team, they race.

Zytek are a manufactuer, they race to sell chassis. If/When they have a customer the factory team may well step down.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1536244)   #532
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont see Zytek stepping down once they have buyers for the cars. There is no reason for them to, they didnt step down last year when Jota ran one of their 04s in the LMES and I dont see why they would step down when they find buyers for their new car. Manufacturers like to go racing, yes they are a business but they are also probably the best equipped group of people to show case their car at the front too. By staying and winning they could sell a lot more cars than by having a Privateer team run the cars and get mediocre results. IMO.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1536297)   #533
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depends how good your customer teams are really. If they are top notch with a decent budget and pro drivers then they can obviously show off the car as well as anyone. However, if they are all smallish and rely on pay drivers then yes, it makes sense for Zytek to run some races.

I'd rather see Zytek establishing partnerships with their customers (along with any of the smaller manufacturers). Help them go racing. Value added so to speak. Give them knowledge and experience where they lack it. Help out in the development process. Rather than just selling cars and saying you're on your own boys.

But I agree that there is nothing wrong with manufacturers going racing. Ferrari are a nice example of that.
Old 5 Mar 2006, 10:34 (Ref:1536585)   #534
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins
By the way: what are the limits with respect to cars & pits to the other circuits?
projectlemans.de calculated this for the LMS circuits. But we don´t have the exact track width of Monza and Spa
Old 5 Mar 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1536844)   #535
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Can anybody tell me exactly where the engine intake is on the Swiss Spirit Courage LC70 ? I cant see it . It also has no headinghts yet .
Old 5 Mar 2006, 20:51 (Ref:1536917)   #536
JAG
Veteran

England
Looks like we can add Joest R10 to the list, after Le Mans at least.

'"Nevertheless the 2006 Joest Racing motorsport programme should not be limited to just tests and the two endurance classic in Sebring and Le Mans. "We would really like to compete with the new Audi R10 in the Le Mans Series (LMS) in Europe,” says Reinhold Joest. "We hope that this project comes to fruition because the European fans will have the opportunity to see the Audi R10 a little more often

The Le Mans Series revives the classic 1000-kilometre races, including the 1000-kilometre race at the Nürburgring on 16 July which Reinhold Joest has already won several times both as driver and Team Boss – for the last time in the 1980 season.

Which drivers will sit at the wheel of the Joest R10 in the LMS is still open. In Le Mans there are six drivers who have all celebrated huge success together with Joest: Frank Biela (D), Dindo Capello (D), Tom Kristensen (DK), Allan McNish (GB), Emanuele Pirro (I) and Marco Werner (D).'
Old 6 Mar 2006, 08:47 (Ref:1537112)   #537
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Of course it's a photoshop, but that doesn't take away that the design is ugly
Yep Bram, we should actually forbid it at RSC to paint this livery...

It's sooooooooooo ugly
Old 6 Mar 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1537266)   #538
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
question about spa 1000kms -is the race on the saturday or sunday?
Old 6 Mar 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1537273)   #539
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Perhaps it's because Zytek do not have a full season deal with any drivers yet. Furthermore, I should think that they want to keep their powder dry now that A1 looks like it's going down the tubes.....they could lose a load of cash with all those engine leases etc.....

IMHO Zytek should build one hybrid for Le Mans - Nielsen/Essex entry. They should then run that car after Le Mans in the LMES with Shimoda/Herbert for the remaining 3 races - Neilsen is doing Spa and the car will not be ready for Istanbul.

Near the end of the season they should build a full LMP1 car, test it through the winter, find the inevitable problems and iron them out. They should then convert the existing Hybrid to full LMP1 for 2007, do a proper 2 car assault on Sebring and Le Mans and then take it from there. To build 2 hybrids this season when you do not have the drivers for one in the LMES seems ridiculous.
Old 6 Mar 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1537287)   #540
JAG
Veteran

England
Donington Pits

Old 6 Mar 2006, 23:26 (Ref:1537631)   #541
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Virages.net are reporting that Kevin Mcgaritty will be driving the Protran . Excellant news !!!
Old 7 Mar 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1539741)   #542
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Italiaracing.net reports that Cirtek will race LMES with Antonio Garcia and Nathan Kinch.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 20:05 (Ref:1539771)   #543
The Badger
Veteran

I wonder will Tim Mullen get his seat in the F430 ? Good news for the Irish lads McGarritty and Mullen !!!
Old 7 Mar 2006, 23:43 (Ref:1539914)   #544
The Badger
Veteran

Info-course are reporting that Courage were or are testing their LC70 Mugen V8 on Yokohama rubber with Frei-Kurosawa .
Old 8 Mar 2006, 08:10 (Ref:1540060)   #545
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Info-course are reporting that Courage were or are testing their LC70 Mugen V8 on Yokohama rubber with Frei-Kurosawa .
It was yesterday morning that the Courage LC70 did it's first laps at Lurcy-Levis. The car ran faultlessly with it's Mugen power and Yokohama rubber (as you said). This was just a shakedown ahead of an intensive test programme in preparation for the 2006 season. YC was a very happy man!

Article (in French) on Infoscourse.org.
Old 8 Mar 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1540273)   #546
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kruse Motorsport with Dunlop tyres and Jens Petersen and Jan-Dirk Lueders.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1542326)   #547
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Luc Alphand Aventures announces drivers for LMS and Le Mans
Old 13 Mar 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1547326)   #548
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
New URL LMS website: www.lemans-series.com

Entrylist official LMS test at Paul Ricard on 26/27 March: http://www.lemans-series.com/uk/down..._EntryList.pdf
Old 15 Mar 2006, 07:45 (Ref:1549236)   #549
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
Something interesting on DSC- the ProTran RS06/H- another LMP1 hybrid.

Ex-British GT team ProTran Competition have had one of the old ROC/del Bello Reynard-VW's converted to a hybrid, using the AER V8.
More information (with pictures) on Mulsanne's Corner. It seems to look rather different from the Nasamax. This is the 3th hybrid conversion done by KWL (Nasamax DM139, Creation CA06/H, ProTan RS06/H).
Quote:
And while it may be presumptuous to ask a new team what their plans are beyond 2006, Paul Cope did add this morsel, "We are looking to do something with Kieron Salter with a new carbon chassis but using much of this year's rear end, for 2007."
Old 18 Mar 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1551835)   #550
JAG
Veteran

England
Just read the Brands Hatch A1GP race scheduled for August, same weekend as the LMS Donington race, has been moved to April 2007.

Nice to see a little common sense.

Also mean BGT teams can race in the LMS, grid slots permiting.