Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Mar 2006, 07:41 (Ref:1561091)   #576
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here you will find a 90 seconds video clip of the Kruse Motorsport roll-out
Old 26 Mar 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1561141)   #577
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DSC are reporting this morning that the Monza round of the LMS is definitely cancelled. Noise complaints and the legal situation concerning those complaints have brought this about.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 08:04 (Ref:1562030)   #578
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to Nic Minassian in an interview for InfosCourse.org, only one (Creation) car will compete at Istanbul with Gabbiani/Ortiz/Minassian driving. The second car will be ready in time for Spa when Nic will resume his partnership with JCW.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1562197)   #579
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There seems to be a few teams/people prepared to miss Istanbul and now with the cancellation of Monza thats 3 race's this season.

Seems an awful lot of hard work and a big advantage to give to the teams that can make the opening round.

Thats going to give Zytec a 10pt(or so) gap to close in 3 races boy they are going to have to go some.

Will the Monza round be replaced ?

Why are teams prepared to miss a round in such a short series ?
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:19 (Ref:1562208)   #580
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
According to Bentley03 they will announce a replacement before Istanbul: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...77#post1562077
Although I thought that Monza would eventually happen, but it seems I am misguided there.
Take a look at the above thread for more on this.

Back to your point I think of the LMS as a collection of good races rather than a championship as such, so dropping in and out is not so much of an issue I feel.

Many also have sponsors that, perhaps, are not bothered about some of the races?
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1562212)   #581
slicks
Rookie

slicks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There seems to be a few teams/people prepared to miss Istanbul...

Istanbul: 1) expensive to get to, 2) too early in the season given the number of 'new' cars, 3) no fans, no support and 4) apart from the circuit, things are pretty dreary within a ten mile radius.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1562214)   #582
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
There seems to be a few teams/people prepared to miss Istanbul and now with the cancellation of Monza thats 3 race's this season.

Seems an awful lot of hard work and a big advantage to give to the teams that can make the opening round.

Thats going to give Zytec a 10pt(or so) gap to close in 3 races boy they are going to have to go some.

Missing a round does completely hamstring a team in such a short season (although I'd be staggered if Monza wasn't either replaced or takes place - Autosport's reporting that this dispute has been resolved in any case) - look at the consequences for the Oreca Audi last year for example.

That said, finance is always going to be pretty tight and this season in particular, with the chase to get hybrids/new rules cars completed, some drop-outs are always going to be likely.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 12:24 (Ref:1562291)   #583
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As has been said, at this stage the LMS is more a series of individual races, rather than a championship.

With new cars still being prepared it's understandable why some teams will miss Istanbul.

Look back a couple of years, many European teams were only competing at Le Mans once a year, particulalrly in they were an LMP team.

Looking to 2007 I would expect at least 5 events.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1562298)   #584
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
In the first LMS Newsletter it seems there is some clarification as to how the ACO will address the problem of more applications than entries at certain rounds.

47 full season entries have been received. Only 42 will be granted.

Places will be awarded on a race by race basis to bring the numbers up to the maximum allowed at any given circuit, or to an absolute maximum of 50 cars. Numerical equality between the classes and variety of marques will be preserved.

Racing for Holland and Horag Racing have been accepted for Istanbul. The additional cars granted entry for Spa will be announced on 13th April.

All clear now.........
Sounds like my earlier suggestion, the main point being to maintain numerical equality between the classes and encourage variety.

So an average of 10-12 cars per class at Donington.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1566513)   #585
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of Donington, check out this thread...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...98#post1566398

New pitlane is finished, but with the addition of some "steps". Overall its seems very well done, a real step forward for the circuit.

However, the garages look barely wide enough for an LMP team, they're going to have to watch the paintwork as they drive in/out.
Old 1 Apr 2006, 08:54 (Ref:1566783)   #586
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Second DBR9 entered for Russian Age / Cirtek. Changed the team name to "Team Modena". Guess they leave their 550 at home instead of to Le Mans.
Old 1 Apr 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1566892)   #587
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseGT1
Second DBR9 entered for Russian Age / Cirtek. Changed the team name to "Team Modena". Guess they leave their 550 at home instead of to Le Mans.
Switch to Aston Martin and then change their name in Team Modena. Is this Russian logic?
Old 1 Apr 2006, 12:32 (Ref:1566919)   #588
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or maybe April the Fools joke
Old 3 Apr 2006, 15:28 (Ref:1569141)   #589
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me what Sebah's racing programme is for 2006?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1569146)   #590
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no TVR on the Istanbul entry list?
Was the Paul Ricard roll out just to try and puff the ACO into giving them a Le Mans entry?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1569209)   #591
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Can anyone tell me what Sebah's racing programme is for 2006?
They are still trying to raise funding for 2006 LMS season, it’s a shame not to have to two times champions in this year.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1569212)   #592
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
They are still trying to raise funding for 2006 LMS season, it’s a shame not to have to two times champions in this year.
Thank you!

I hadn't noticed their absence from the full season entries, but was surprised not to see them on the Istanbul entry list. Does this perhaps put their Le Mans entry in jeopardy?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1569288)   #593
JAG
Veteran

England
DSC seem to believe this year will be the last for Istanbul.

So that leaves two, possible three slots up for grabs in 2006. I suspect we will see six races with Peugeot and Audi stepping up their commitment.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1569449)   #594
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone enlighten me as to the "arrangement" between Cirtek and Russian Age? I've never understood it. I'm guessing Cirtek preps and runs the cars and the Russians last year paid for it and thus chose the name. This year, the Russians are gone so the name changes again. But that leaves the question.... who's paying this year?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:54 (Ref:1569490)   #595
Svierge
Racer

Finland
Bucks/UK
Svierge has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP:Clio51
no TVR on the Istanbul entry list?
Was the Paul Ricard roll out just to try and puff the ACO into giving them a Le Mans entry?
No. It has an engine issue that has yet to be satisfactorily resolved.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 05:09 (Ref:1569733)   #596
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
Can someone enlighten me as to the "arrangement" between Cirtek and Russian Age? I've never understood it. I'm guessing Cirtek preps and runs the cars and the Russians last year paid for it and thus chose the name. This year, the Russians are gone so the name changes again. But that leaves the question.... who's paying this year?
The "Russian Age" program was funded by Russian government money, I do believe. I think Fomenko was the chief "fundraiser" there, whereas the Convers Bank money that funded the LMES campaign would seem to be behind Vasiliev given the move to Menx.

The new team is supposedly being run by Cirtek under the Team Modena banner, run by a UK financier as well as the owner of the first Cirtek chassis, Rik Bryan. The money this time seems to be coming from Cancer Research UK. An odd sponsor...shouldn't they, you know, be spending that on research?! I suspect there may be some personal money going in there as well...does anyone know Peter Hardman, sharing the 2nd car with Christain Vann? I've not heard of him, so I wonder if he is the owner of the new chassis.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 06:47 (Ref:1569773)   #597
Dauer 962
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
...does anyone know Peter Hardman, sharing the 2nd car with Christain Vann? I've not heard of him, so I wonder if he is the owner of the new chassis.
http://www.racecar.co.uk/peterhardman/

Obviously it seams there is no lack of funding…..
Old 4 Apr 2006, 06:54 (Ref:1569775)   #598
Dauer 962
Veteran

Quote:
Thank you!

I hadn't noticed their absence from the full season entries, but was surprised not to see them on the Istanbul entry list. Does this perhaps put their Le Mans entry in jeopardy?
For Le Mans I’m pretty sure they will be on the grid. They are listed with a RSR, but they don’t have one, so it’s likely that they stick again with Lars Erik Nielsen like in 2005. Nielsen is with Farnbacher Racing currently only no 8 on the reseve list.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1569901)   #599
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
The new team is supposedly being run by Cirtek under the Team Modena banner, run by a UK financier as well as the owner of the first Cirtek chassis, Rik Bryan. The money this time seems to be coming from Cancer Research UK. An odd sponsor...shouldn't they, you know, be spending that on research?! I suspect there may be some personal money going in there as well...does anyone know Peter Hardman, sharing the 2nd car with Christain Vann? I've not heard of him, so I wonder if he is the owner of the new chassis.
I'd be very surprised if the money's coming from Cancer Research UK- according to Crash.net, Bryan's partner in this is another UK businessman, Graham Schultz. I suspect they're the money, and are maybe using the project to publicise Cancer Research UK- from a quick google search Rik Bryan was apparently involved with a recent charity ball at the Dorchester hotel in London in aid of CRUK (at which his DBR9 was also displayed), so may be involved in fundraising for them.

I'm not sure Peter Hardman's the owner of the second chassis- he's a well-known name on the historic racing scene, where he's had a lot of success driving other peoples' cars- particularly Astons and Ferraris, I believe belonging to one individual collector. Usually fast in historic cars, but he's also got a fair amount of GT experience in things like Lotus, Lister and McLaren F1 in the 90's
Old 4 Apr 2006, 15:07 (Ref:1570573)   #600
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed Johny Kane will partner Donny Crevels in the #86 Spyker in Istanbul.