Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Oct 2021, 01:06 (Ref:4077700)   #5051
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What next;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1927.JPG   IMG_1930.JPG   IMG_1934.JPG  

IMG_1937.JPG   IMG_1938.JPG   IMG_1945.JPG  

Old 10 Oct 2021, 01:14 (Ref:4077702)   #5052
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Next please;
Attached Thumbnails
557.jpg   587.jpg   IMG_9202.JPG  

IMG_6974.JPG   IMG_7000.JPG   IMG_7124.JPG  

Old 10 Oct 2021, 01:16 (Ref:4077704)   #5053
bauble
Veteran

England
" ... the gallant five hundred"

Qyiz; What do they have in common, Ray Petty, Steve Lancefield, and Francis Beart?
Attached Thumbnails
JPEG Image (54148).jpg   JPEG Image (49255).jpg   JPEG Image (56313).jpg  

JPEG Image (54568).jpg   JPEG Image (57780).jpg   JPEG Image (58801).jpg  

Last edited by bauble; 10 Oct 2021 at 01:21. Reason: Addition
Old 10 Oct 2021, 04:20 (Ref:4077726)   #5054
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
" ... the gallant five hundred"

Qyiz; What do they have in common, Ray Petty, Steve Lancefield, and Francis Beart?
Deleted and answer sent by e-mail. Dont want to upset Baub and spoil the fun for others

Last edited by E.B; 10 Oct 2021 at 04:29.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4077737)   #5055
bauble
Veteran

England
Well, my throw away 'quiz' has received correct answers from EB RBS, and Mike Crowe. Google or in depth knowledge of 1950's Formula 3 racing?

But which one is represented in the pictures, and why?
Old 10 Oct 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4077740)   #5056
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
The roll over hoop on 5047 no3 looks more of a danger than not having one! Does not look fit for purpose to me.
+ 1. In principle the ROPS must stand 5 cm (two inches I guess) above the crash helmet driver in place.

The Jags' batch looks fantastic.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4078045)   #5057
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Having a clear out;
Missed these photos of my March 793. Many thanks Bob.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 16:07 (Ref:4078047)   #5058
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Missed these photos of my March 793. Many thanks Bob.
I did wonder. Glad you found them, I can send copies if wanted. Bob.
Old 12 Oct 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4078205)   #5059
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That March definitely is a classic, can see why you enjoyed it Delta
Old 12 Oct 2021, 18:12 (Ref:4078230)   #5060
bauble
Veteran

England
EB has accused me of brining to his attention how much nicer old cars than modern stuff, so:
Attached Thumbnails
eb f (1).JPG   eb f (2).JPG   eb f (3).JPG  

eb f (4).JPG   eb f (5).JPG   eb f (6).JPG  

Old 12 Oct 2021, 18:15 (Ref:4078231)   #5061
bauble
Veteran

England
I aim to please;
Attached Thumbnails
eb b (5).JPG   eb b (1).JPG   eb b (6).JPG  

eb b (2).JPG   eb b (4).JPG   eb b (3).JPG  

Old 12 Oct 2021, 18:17 (Ref:4078233)   #5062
bauble
Veteran

England
Well I try;
Attached Thumbnails
cb  (1).JPG   cb  (2).JPG   cb  (3).JPG  

cb  (5).JPG   cb  (4).JPG   cb  (6).JPG  

Old 12 Oct 2021, 18:17 (Ref:4078235)   #5063
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That March definitely is a classic, can see why you enjoyed it Delta
I still have the car for very nearly 40 years now. Had a lovely message from from Chris A today along with a couple of period photos from Monaco.Thanks again Bob as this spurred Chris into sending them to me, The power of ten Tenths never ceases to amaze me and I am very lucky to have some great mates on here.
I would love copies please Bob but no rush. This must of been Walter Hayes few years back in the open wheel race. I have been desperate to get under 60 secs around the national circuit. Missed my about 6/1000 I recall and then put the car off at Luffield so gave up for another day. Following year I lent the car to young Tom Smith to drive and he did a 59.5 so I know the car can do it.
Guess we have to just put this down to old age. Bicester Heritage tomorrow to test three 500 cars ready for the Weekend. Now that is a chalenge.
Old 12 Oct 2021, 21:54 (Ref:4078256)   #5064
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant selection Bob. Im very impressed..... you asked me if I had seen them and I have to confess this is always the first place on the internet I look at in the morning when I sit down with my tea and wheaties, check emails etc... it is also my last at night and I even drop in in the afternoon to see if you have had a sleepless night and posted more. They have made the (officially) worlds longest lockdown easier to cope with (I think it is now c 270 days in total in Melbourne)
Knowing what a wicked person you are, re your question of had I looked yet, I was fully expecting to look and find photos of Lamborghinis and other such modern monsters. Very happy to see what I saw.

And as Iain said they even inspire me to remember things promised ages ago as with the pics he mentioned

Yours
Inspired and impressed
Melbourne
Old 13 Oct 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4078286)   #5065
bauble
Veteran

England
So old is best that's good news - for some;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0231.JPG   _MG_0254.JPG   _MG_0262.JPG  

_MG_0548.JPG   _MG_0549.JPG   _MG_0553.JPG  

Old 13 Oct 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4078288)   #5066
bauble
Veteran

England
And some not so old;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0264.JPG   _MG_0278.JPG   IMG_2022.JPG  

IMG_2019.JPG   IMG_2024.JPG   IMG_2027.JPG  

Old 13 Oct 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4078289)   #5067
bauble
Veteran

England
But thClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1968.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	397.9 KB
ID:	71124

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1974.JPG
Size:	362.6 KB
ID:	71125

Name:	IMG_1935.JPG
Size:	803.4 KB
ID:	71126

Name:	_MG_0573.JPG
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	71127

Name:	IMG_1936.JPG
Size:	806.5 KB
ID:	71128

Name:	IMG_7269.jpg
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	71129en again ...;
Old 14 Oct 2021, 04:10 (Ref:4078376)   #5068
bauble
Veteran

England
I blame EB;
Attached Thumbnails
045.jpg   438.jpg   IMG_0191.JPG  

088.jpg   IMG_0264.JPG   IMG_0305.JPG  

Old 14 Oct 2021, 04:13 (Ref:4078377)   #5069
bauble
Veteran

England
It's all his fault;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1897.JPG   IMG_1901.JPG   IMG_1906.JPG  

IMG_1917.JPG   IMG_1926.JPG   IMG_1908.JPG  

Old 14 Oct 2021, 04:15 (Ref:4078378)   #5070
bauble
Veteran

England
Rotter;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1489.JPG   _MG_0559.JPG   _MG_0573.JPG  

_MG_0576.JPG   _MG_0590.JPG   _MG_0592.JPG  

Old 14 Oct 2021, 05:26 (Ref:4078379)   #5071
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I blame EB;.....

.......It's all his fault;.....

.......Rotter;
You dont have to stay up all night posting images for me you know ..... but I do appreciate it.

And they are beautiful cars, even if I struggle to know what they all are!
Old 14 Oct 2021, 06:58 (Ref:4078387)   #5072
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
You dont have to stay up all night posting images for me you know ..... but I do appreciate it.

And they are beautiful cars, even if I struggle to know what they all are!
Sorry EB. Last batch;
1) All Le Mans Replica Frazer Nash.

2) Bugatti, ERA, Bugatti, ERA, ERA, Cognac Special (Basically a GN)

3) a -Talbot leading Aston Martins, with 'Chain Gang' Frazer Nash at rear.
b -Talbot, c -Alfa Romeo, d -Rileys, e -MG, f -Aston Martin.

Hope this helps. (once you get up, of course)

Guess what!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1512 (1).JPG  
Old 14 Oct 2021, 08:55 (Ref:4078395)   #5073
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks Bob.... I got the Bugattis and the Astons ERA's and things but the Cognac Special I did not have a clue. Talbots I am getting better with as they feature a bit here. Im getting better at them all generally now though. Sandown Historics in a few weeks time so I will be making a point of looking closely at the early machinery then, camera in hand.
Ten hours ahead here so not bedtime yet, and I tend to be a night owl these days. Dont have dinner much before 10. Anyway I digress. Back to pictures. I'll dig out some F5000's for you
Oh and love the Maserati. (250F?)
Old 14 Oct 2021, 09:17 (Ref:4078399)   #5074
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Maserati is a beautiful looking car and epitomises that era. I was lucky enough to see them race in period, at Silverstone in 1958, but they were becoming uncompetitive by then. The Ferrari 246 of the same period was also a fine looking car.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4078414)   #5075
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
That Maserati is a beautiful looking car and epitomises that era. I was lucky enough to see them race in period, at Silverstone in 1958, but they were becoming uncompetitive by then. The Ferrari 246 of the same period was also a fine looking car.
Where were you spectating? We might have been rubbing shoulders?

I was at Copse.