Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jul 2003, 06:15 (Ref:666798)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone Threat

I got it figured, I know why Max & Benie want Silverstone gone. Based on the evidence of yesterday its because it shows all the Tilke circuits up...they knew it was going to happen a fast brilliant race on a historic classic circuit, with overtaking...makes all those new tracks look even more boring and sterile now doesnt it
Old 21 Jul 2003, 06:16 (Ref:666799)   #2
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's been my theory for a couple years... So either we're both crackpots, or it has some validity to it.

Also explains why Spa got kicked off the schedule.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 06:24 (Ref:666800)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must admit in from a UK perspective Silverstone had always been one of me leats favourite circuits, laregly because of the distance you are from the track and the high fencing. This had largely been coloured by my visits to club races which usually don't use the full GP circuit. Walking around and spectating on Friday though my opinion was totally changed, especially around the Vale/Club combination...brilliant spectator spot
Old 21 Jul 2003, 06:43 (Ref:666808)   #4
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't worry Lee, I thought you were a crackpot all along!

This is jusy the political macjine of F1 in full force once again. I don't have any good answers other then money, greed, egos, money, control, and did I mention money being behind this. The calander with no British GP would be lunacy and met with the most bitter reaction from the fans! Would we riot, perhaps, although I doubt the mocal sheriff would understand my burning gargage cans becasue of the loss of the British GP!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 09:50 (Ref:666913)   #5
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
interesting comment from Ecclestone quoted in Autosport
"If we have not got a firm commitment from those people by the middle of August, then we will be able to make an agreement with Octagon [BHC] to say bye-bye and get out of it. Simple as that. Then we would be out in the cold with nowhere to race and someone would come forward and ask to race at their place, Donington or wherever."

Does this hint that talks may already have started with Donington.?

To be honest, much as I'd love to see the GP at Donington, it would have as many, if not more problems than Silverstone...traffic chaos waould be guaranteed as the approaches are all single carriageway and a huge amount of work would need to carried out on both the pits and paddock.