Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2007, 12:02 (Ref:1935867)   #1001
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMax
What about for the race itself?
There's a German stream (not free) and probably a Dutch and Danish stream, but I am not sure if these are available outside these countries.

Maybe there are streams on TVU or SopCast.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 12:17 (Ref:1935879)   #1002
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMax
What about for the race itself?
There's a thread about online coverage.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1935925)   #1003
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It looks like the teams have been given the go ahead to go flat out in qualifying, unlike previous years when even qualifying times were 'monitored'!

No doubt this helps Peugeot's cause.

From DSC:-

'We then asked M. Poissenot about the “suggested lap times” that seem to crop up each year here.

“We will have to see after the race. It only applies in the race.'
Old 13 Jun 2007, 20:40 (Ref:1936287)   #1004
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
According pitstop.tv Courage choose Johanson over Hillebrand after interference of Highcroft/Acura (Acura wants to LM next year). Maybe Hillebrand gets in the car at the LMS race at Spa.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 21:53 (Ref:1936361)   #1005
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Isn't it funny how quiet the Sportscar board is tonight? It always seems strange to me sitting here listening at home to Radio Le Mans. It feels as thought I ought to be somewhere else.......
Old 14 Jun 2007, 14:50 (Ref:1936871)   #1006
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the car's packed (british racing green bmw z3 now instead of my scooby).
We'll be off about 6am tomorrow morning for the 7:40am P&O to Calais.
Have a great weekend everyone - just wished the sound card worked on this PC!
Old 14 Jun 2007, 15:47 (Ref:1936909)   #1007
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No time to say anything more as I'm off in 10 minutes. To everyone stuck at home this weekend, my commiserations - I hope you manage to follow some of the great race, somehow. Best wishes. Ayse
Old 14 Jun 2007, 16:07 (Ref:1936926)   #1008
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
No time to say anything more as I'm off in 10 minutes. To everyone stuck at home this weekend, my commiserations - I hope you manage to follow some of the great race, somehow. Best wishes. Ayse
Don't forget your umbrella !!

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 14 Jun 2007, 17:24 (Ref:1936974)   #1009
Ace Daddy
Rookie

United States
Tucson Arizona
Ace Daddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

Hello there from hot Arizona. I just joined the forums here and looking forward to enjoying another awesome 24 hour race.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1936978)   #1010
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Welcome
Old 14 Jun 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1937065)   #1011
Ace Daddy
Rookie

United States
Tucson Arizona
Ace Daddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks! Love the 917, those were the days!
Old 15 Jun 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1937779)   #1012
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I can't believe my luck...

I bought my ticket today to ride the ICE/TGV down to the track and guess what, instead of going to Le Mans, the destination was Le Man which is in Belgium!

So I got to Liege and that was it....

I didn't have enough cash on me to take the last connecting train to Paris Montparnasse 1 et 2 and then down to the station closest to the track.

I have more money coming tomorrow, but I have forced to pay for anything online via my other debt card number. I won't be able to get that debt card until maybe Tues. But my main debt card will have funds available sometime tomorrow and more than likely before the train leaves tomorrow considering the time difference.

I'm not sure what my other options are... Maybe stay in town and watch it someplace.

Does anybody know where it will likely be on for free?

I dunno, the best way to see it more then likely will be to just to go down to the track and meet the "Drinking For Holland" peeps after all.

I'll know more in the morning I suppose...
Old 15 Jun 2007, 19:42 (Ref:1937908)   #1013
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have to watch it on Speed TV in California....
wah
i want to go...
how far in advance should I buy tix?
Old 15 Jun 2007, 21:25 (Ref:1937960)   #1014
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can buy a general admission ticket on the day.

I think the traffic management is pourer than last year and it's taking us longer to get in the circuit each day than it is to drive up from Tours....including being diverted through fields, being split into two lanes for 25m and back again for no apparent reason. It may be worth allowing even more extra time than you possibly previously would!

I know of one person who had a bad journey down last night to LM and sure many more as the train from Lille was delayed by well over two hours....
Old 16 Jun 2007, 23:23 (Ref:1939163)   #1015
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Completely echo Suze's comments re getting into the track - more signs, more direction, less reliance on a one track road would all be good things. Much more positively, getting back to Tours this evening has been a lot easier - no real traffic headaches, although you do get a sense of the madness of Le Mans when people start running across dual carriageways and reverse parallel parking on motorway hardshoulders, all in the post midnight pitch blackness...

Time for some shuteye before tomorrow's enjoyment... hopefully more at the track than away from it...
Old 17 Jun 2007, 09:49 (Ref:1939610)   #1016
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
If I could just say, that if anyone has recorded the 2006 or 2007 Lemans off Motors TV on DVD, then I would be most interested in obtaining a copy.

Cheers.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:26 (Ref:1939647)   #1017
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
If I could just say, that if anyone has recorded the 2006 or 2007 Lemans off Motors TV on DVD, then I would be most interested in obtaining a copy.

Cheers.
i agree.
Just noticed you picture Sodemo-if you got a copy, would you backflip with joy?
Old 18 Jun 2007, 12:06 (Ref:1940733)   #1018
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suze, try getting out on Sunday arvo? We were stuck in campground (Beausejour) for ages then stuck in a massive queue for just the tollgate near Rouen.
Surely there will be a few more words said about this soon!

Apart from that, great weekend.

Final safety car was a major disappointment
Old 18 Jun 2007, 15:40 (Ref:1940841)   #1019
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
Suze, try getting out on Sunday arvo? We were stuck in campground (Beausejour) for ages then stuck in a massive queue for just the tollgate near Rouen.
Surely there will be a few more words said about this soon!

Apart from that, great weekend.

Final safety car was a major disappointment
as i said in another thread, the scanning of tickets and passes seemed to slow things down immeasurably...they didn't do this in 2005, did they do it in 2006?

as i think suze was saying - to get into the circuit we were sent past all the campsites, under the bridge at the porsche curves, then a comical 50 yard diversion into a field and out again, then up to technoparc and were then faced with 4 marshalls with tescos barcode scanners.

after a relatively pain free exit from le mans we also got stuck in that massive tollgate queue outside rouen, which took at least an hour and a quarter(or 40 winks if you were lucky)...which then makes you think why bother, might as well get off at alencon and go cross country as we did in the past...save yourself 16 euros which you can spend on a macdonalds in bernay!
Old 18 Jun 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1940881)   #1020
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Getting out of the circuit from Expo worked like a dream, bit a queue getting onto the motorway, but no more than you'd expect or tolerate, but the Rouen peage (and the stretch after it) was insane - next time very much think I'll loop south of Paris - anything's got to be better than that.

Didn't think much of the rain on Sunday evening either...

As far as barcode scanning went I might have been lucky but really I wasn't held up at all by it - the entry up around Rouge parking seemed to flow pretty easily overall.

All in all though it was a great weekend, and testament to the effect of Le Mans was my wife agreeing that next year would be fun too - and possibly doing the whole week. If the place can convince her of that, despite the rain, the slightly disappointing end, and the periodic travel glitches, there's no better evidence for there still being a bit of magic in the world.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 20:28 (Ref:1941055)   #1021
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I am back!

What a memorable weekend! It started off well, became very ugly very suddenly, but it ended quite well, considering the whole story.

Got to Paris on Saturday morning, met one of my friends at CDG that came up from Portugal, and found out that the remaining elements of the party that were coming from the States were running almost two hours late.

Decided to go ahead to Le Mans to do some essential shopping as wellas getting some lunch. We did get some essential goods, but what we aso got and that it was nothing that none needed on a time like this, was food poisoning!!! My mate's lunch was left midway between the main entrance and the start/finish straight grandstands. Although mine never made its way back up and out, but it left me feeling ****ty from the end of Saturday afternoon to this moment. Needless to say that brought down the mood for almost the entire weekend. All because some french assoholes think serving bad food to tourists is a good idea! Oh, yeah, the restaurant is the one right in front of the Gare, at that intersection, on the left side.

Despite that, and the monsoon at the end, it was a good time!
My sister, who made her way from Paris to Le Mans with her boyfriend very impressively, and despite the things she went through that no girl likes to go through, wants to come back.

The verdict? Look for a VW Transporter (or something like that) and super sports car (hehehe) with a bunch of Portuguese/American and possibly Irish nutters next year! Just follow the smell of grilled sardines!
Old 18 Jun 2007, 21:20 (Ref:1941101)   #1022
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitano
Oh, yeah, the restaurant is the one right in front of the Gare, at that intersection, on the left side.
Surely surely surely you know the rule in life that the bar/restaurant nearest the station is always the worst one in town...

Sorry to hear about the food poisoning though. While we didn't have those sort of catastrophic consequences we resolved that next year we'd be a lot more self catering and bring more of our own. Good luck with the sardines though - my experience is they're best cooked on the boat back from catching them!
Old 18 Jun 2007, 21:23 (Ref:1941110)   #1023
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing.

Just in and thats the best race I've been too yet. Will post vids and pics tomorrow.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 13:01 (Ref:1941670)   #1024
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Won't be able to convince my travelling group to go again next year, but for sure for 2009 - but that has more to do with half the group being into retirement and the travel and jet lag stretched them somewhat. Next time we'll come down earlier than Wednesday overnight, as we'd like to see more practice and have more downtime to really explore. Perhaps for scrutineering.

Do they serve anything other than omelettes in Arnage?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 19 Jun 2007, 13:35 (Ref:1941700)   #1025
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got back this morning from my first ever visit to LM - shame about the weather but it was a great experience!

We had lots of fun, particularly with our quarter-sized Jaguar D-Type and it's little engine (3.5bhp, it managed 40mph!) going around Houx Annexe!

I don't think my group is going again next year, so I'll have to find someone else to go with - I'm definitely going to be there in '08!