Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Nov 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3161318)   #4376
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
No, Rob Leupen interview at motorsport-total.com. He also said 3 for LM.
Thanks. The success of the TS030 should make it easier when asking for a bigger budget.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 01:41 (Ref:3161352)   #4377
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was just thinking about this yesterday. Imagine if Peugeot were still around.

For the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans you could very easily have:

3 Audis
3 Peugeots
3 Toyotas
2 Porsches
2 Rebellion
1 Strakka
1 Muscle Milk

*Drool*
Old 2 Nov 2012, 02:13 (Ref:3161359)   #4378
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even without the French Lions that is pretty impressive plus add an OAK, a JRM car or 2, and a Dome 2014 may just be the year I go to Le Mans.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 03:04 (Ref:3161369)   #4379
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to make my inaugural trip for 2014, with full support to Porsche.

What can I say, I am nostalgic for the 956s that raced when I was a baby. If only Peugeot had stayed... Ah well. We will always say if "only." Let's be happy with what we have!

Also, let's hope Honda steps it up!
Old 2 Nov 2012, 03:04 (Ref:3161370)   #4380
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Not amazingly happy to see Vasselon quoted in today's Autosport as saying they are aiming for two cars in the WEC and two at Le Mans.

Everything is still clearly up for negotiation with the men holding the briefcases.
Also mentioned:
- confirmed (again?) that all 6 drivers have been retained, quote from Vasselon
- announcement later this month (mid-November), decision delayed from October
- if no full season 2nd car, then likely at least Silverstone or/and Spa
Old 2 Nov 2012, 03:07 (Ref:3161373)   #4381
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Even without the French Lions that is pretty impressive plus add an OAK, a JRM car or 2, and a Dome 2014 may just be the year I go to Le Mans.
I only half read your comment! The Canadians may be coming! Woo!
Old 2 Nov 2012, 04:25 (Ref:3161398)   #4382
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
I only half read your comment! The Canadians may be coming! Woo!
Be afraid... be very afraid!
Old 2 Nov 2012, 04:29 (Ref:3161399)   #4383
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:

Also, let's hope Honda steps it up!
As Radio Le Mans speculated they may "have" to, and with Toyota demonstrating you can beat Audi on a fraction of the budget, it certainly will look more appealing than they previously thought. Toyota is getting huge value from this project compared to their F1 foray.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 05:25 (Ref:3161409)   #4384
Ultimo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
As Radio Le Mans speculated they may "have" to, and with Toyota demonstrating you can beat Audi on a fraction of the budget, it certainly will look more appealing than they previously thought. Toyota is getting huge value from this project compared to their F1 foray.
I have heard a lot of talk about Toyota running on a budget vis a vis Audi. What are some [speculative] numbers we can throw arond here?
Old 2 Nov 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3161428)   #4385
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Dr. Ulrich said it takes $50 million to have a real shot to win Le Mans and $75 million to do the whole WEC.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 06:41 (Ref:3161430)   #4386
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not amazingly happy to see Vasselon quoted in today's Autosport as saying they are aiming for two cars in the WEC and two at Le Mans.

Everything is still clearly up for negotiation with the men holding the briefcases.
The proposed programme is 2 for WEC and three for LM
Old 2 Nov 2012, 07:24 (Ref:3161442)   #4387
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
So with two cars in WEC, drivers who will be in the cars the whole season? My guess is of course #7 Lapierre and Wurz (Nakajima part time with SuperGT). #8 Sarrazin and Davidson (Buemi part time/full time depending on F1?). What about a third car for LeMans? Andrea Caldarelli, Kamui Kobayashi (if not in F1?), Akira Iida? I can only guess.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 07:29 (Ref:3161445)   #4388
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The Canadians may be coming! Woo!
Whats this ?
Old 2 Nov 2012, 07:50 (Ref:3161452)   #4389
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
So with two cars in WEC, drivers who will be in the cars the whole season? My guess is of course #7 Lapierre and Wurz (Nakajima part time with SuperGT). #8 Sarrazin and Davidson (Buemi part time/full time depending on F1?). What about a third car for LeMans? Andrea Caldarelli, Kamui Kobayashi (if not in F1?), Akira Iida? I can only guess.
I think Sarrazin is dependent on how much Starworks is willing to keep him and whether he wants to race for overall wins or stay in the ultra-competitive P2 class. I think we'll see him at some point, but I think it's too early to take a guess as full-season driver.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 07:53 (Ref:3161453)   #4390
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
I think Sarrazin is dependent on how much Starworks is willing to keep him and whether he wants to race for overall wins or stay in the ultra-competitive P2 class. I think we'll see him at some point, but I think it's too early to take a guess as full-season driver.
Earlier in the thread, there were links to where Toyota has said they'll keep the same 6 drivers from this year into 2013. That means Sarrazin (+Davidson and Buemi). I'm sure he'd much rather compete for the overall win than be in LMP2, plus I think Toyota would pay a bit better and give him a much better chance to win LeMans
Old 2 Nov 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3161461)   #4391
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
As quality of an outfit as Starworks are, I'm sure the decision will take 0.030 of a second for Stephane.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3161473)   #4392
Ultimo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Whats this ?
Canada ALMS and I are both Canucks (and seemingly Le Mans virgins), and both of us want to hit the 2014 race.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3161560)   #4393
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
As quality of an outfit as Starworks are, I'm sure the decision will take 0.030 of a second for Stephane.
AFAIK its not Starworks that jhave an offer in with Sarrazin its 8Star (Enzo Potolicchio's new team)
Old 2 Nov 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3161734)   #4394
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I have heard a lot of talk about Toyota running on a budget vis a vis Audi. What are some [speculative] numbers we can throw arond here?
In the motorsport-total interview Rob Leupen mentioned 80 million, but it was apparently more like a general estimation and not their actual budget, not to mention this year's budget.

It's in the same ballpark though than other budgets quoted:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=2180

Last edited by deggis; 2 Nov 2012 at 23:24.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 00:40 (Ref:3161743)   #4395
Ultimo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
In the motorsport-total interview Rob Leupen mentioned 80 million, but it was apparently more like a general estimation and not their actual budget, not to mention this year's budget.

It's in the same ballpark though than other budgets quoted:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=2180
Thanks for that deggis. If this is true, are they really running on a budget compared to Audi? Maybe they are spending a bit less but surely not heaps less?
Old 3 Nov 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3161814)   #4396
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thanks for that deggis. If this is true, are they really running on a budget compared to Audi? Maybe they are spending a bit less but surely not heaps less?
Everything I've heard (without anyone having gone into specifics) is that Toyota are running on a budget significantly less than Audi. I thought that was the common understanding given they couldn't even get a second car in the game this year.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 11:27 (Ref:3161843)   #4397
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
80 million Niara perhaps !!!
Old 3 Nov 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3161863)   #4398
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Everything I've heard (without anyone having gone into specifics) is that Toyota are running on a budget significantly less than Audi. I thought that was the common understanding given they couldn't even get a second car in the game this year.
Yes, I think nobody doubts that. If you look at their setup at Le Mans, it wasn't much bigger than of a well-off LMP1 privateer effort, nothing like Audi's "we take over the whole event" approach.

In several interviews they mentioned that they`re not willing to spend as much in the future either, that's why budget control is so important to them when it comes to the 2014 regs.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3161964)   #4399
The Badger
Veteran

Maybe its got something to do with the fairly recent devestation that Japan has suffered ..... and it may not be politically correct to be seen to over indulge in motorsports ?

Their LM effort , was nowhere near the best privateer effort , it was eons beyond , and has been ever since .

I do wonder , what would have happened if Davidsons car hadnt had the misfortune to connect with that Ferrari .....

How long could it have lasted ?

How long could it have pressured the Audi's ?

Even , was there a chance that it may have won ?

I fully expect a monster race next June .....
Old 3 Nov 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3161968)   #4400
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I don't think there's any doubt the engine would have expired but obviously you can never truly know.

As you say next June will be insane. I'll hitch-hike there if I have to.

One interesting thing for me is a point that Trussers brought up which is - have Audi (in true F1 style) been concentrating on their '13 machine during the back end of the season rather than trying to compete on a race-by-race basis with Toyota.

They won everything they could win regardless so it didn't really matter. Not saying they'd ever want to lose a race but it's certainly tripled the hype around Le Mans compared to what we had this year.