Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Jun 2014, 08:44 (Ref:3425782)   #26
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone who had track access for photography should be banned from posting in here

No fair!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:26 (Ref:3425807)   #27
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice read mrs Stampchez
Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:57 (Ref:3425823)   #28
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
Anyone who had track access for photography should be banned from posting in here

No fair!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3425850)   #29
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
Would love to try it one year !
Old 24 Jun 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3425902)   #30
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
Some great shots from Richard and painting well done !
I have a gallery on Flickr now from the weekend.

Paul.
paul, i love your backgrounds. classy stuff
Old 24 Jun 2014, 13:32 (Ref:3425925)   #31
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Would love to try it one year !
Gold dust I believe?
Old 24 Jun 2014, 13:52 (Ref:3425928)   #32
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mine are up now, too:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/undnie...7645340809105/

Suppose if I had favourites it'd be these:

Old 24 Jun 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3425959)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that baby in the back of the 3 wheeler thing was awesome. glad someone else noticed it and got a photo, mine was blurred!

my photographic weak spot is candid photographs of people, so i'm loving all these driver parade ones!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3425965)   #34
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Some great shots from Richard and painting well done !
I have a gallery on Flickr now from the weekend.
Paul.
Wow!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 17:15 (Ref:3425985)   #35
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!

A few Pics from Virage Mulsanne
Old 24 Jun 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3426027)   #36
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
paul, i love your backgrounds. classy stuff
Thanks Bella for your kind words, I did try to put more effort in this year and waiting for hours in the hot sun for the driver's parade to begin was a task especially with the locals trying to push their way to the front
Old 24 Jun 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3426028)   #37
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Gold dust I believe?
I've heard that accreditation is a long and drawn out process and then you are only given short slots during the weekend . I think we can see from some of the photos posted on here, that there are some great spots to shoot from, I'm certainly looking forward to going back and trying some next year
Old 25 Jun 2014, 00:41 (Ref:3426104)   #38
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
here's mine.

no press access, and lots of things experienced with eyes, not through a camera lens this year. except the podium. stuck in a bit of a style rut at the moment as well, though most of the obnoxious angles are because i was trying not to nut someone with my lens rather than doing it on purpose.
Quote:
Thanks Bella for your kind words, I did try to put more effort in this year and waiting for hours in the hot sun for the driver's parade to begin was a task especially with the locals trying to push their way to the front
heh, the drivers parade is an art form that takes a few years to master, isn't it? first time this year so we failed spectacularly.

next year *shakes fist*
Old 25 Jun 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3426178)   #39
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
Love that shot of Fred Mako on the podium, and the one of the trophy
Old 25 Jun 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3426256)   #40
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Quote:
I've heard that accreditation is a long and drawn out process and then you are only given short slots during the weekend . I think we can see from some of the photos posted on here, that there are some great spots to shoot from, I'm certainly looking forward to going back and trying some next year
Yeah so I've heard.

There are definitely spots where you can get some great shots without accreditation, but those guys certainly get some brilliant places! A few years back, I had great fun setting the objective of not getting the 'same corner, 50 photos of cars' and only trying to shoot different stuff.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3426272)   #41
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Yeah so I've heard.

There are definitely spots where you can get some great shots without accreditation, but those guys certainly get some brilliant places! A few years back, I had great fun setting the objective of not getting the 'same corner, 50 photos of cars' and only trying to shoot different stuff.
That is a good thing to stick too, I try to master slow pans , it is very hit and miss though as you probably know .
Old 25 Jun 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3426435)   #42
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
here's mine.

heh, the drivers parade is an art form that takes a few years to master, isn't it? first time this year so we failed spectacularly.

next year *shakes fist*
You have some lovely pictures there, we missed the podium completely as we made a quick exit from the circuit to avoid the traffic out of garage vert. I don't think you was to far away from us at the parade, we were opposite the entrance to C&A. I had a 70-200 fitted which was a bit long, am now saving up for a 24-70 f2.8 which would do the job better.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3426492)   #43
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
thanks i used the longest lens on the j1 i've got for the drivers parade which was a 30-110mm. it was about right, enough variation on the length for pretty much every eventuality. the podium was with the 70-400mm beast - manual focus is broken but the af on the d7000 is pretty good for all but trackside. hence the solid lack of cars unless they're parked up

i think i walked past you whilst recceing somewhere else to stand! thought the bloke sat on the bus stop sign in your pictures looked familiar
Old 26 Jun 2014, 02:04 (Ref:3426542)   #44
stampchez
Rookie

stampchez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

lol my wife and I attained fame in this picture. We are in the American flags right above the Audi rings.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3426731)   #45
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampchez View Post

lol my wife and I attained fame in this picture. We are in the American flags right above the Audi rings.
We were sat on the terracing underneath that stand.
Bella- I wasn't sure on which side of the tram lines to stand , especially when we lost the sunlight later on. That is a nice lens length for the parade .
Old 26 Jun 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3426748)   #46
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
yep, we had the same dilemma. i think that whole area isn't brilliant for pictures because it's not where any of the guys make bids for freedom and interact with the crowds, but it's good to actually get a bit of space and *see* stuff like the dancers, and the marching bands. next year, somewhere different!
Old 30 Jun 2014, 07:52 (Ref:3428458)   #47
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally got some time to start sorting through mine at the weekend:

Hoping to have a full set uploaded later in the week!
Old 1 Jul 2014, 18:35 (Ref:3429137)   #48
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hello

Here are my pics, it was my first Le Mans so I didn´t knew very well the nice spots/times. I was also worried about my batteries as I didn´t had an AC plug for them. I didn´t even tried at night as my past experiences in rallying were awful.

Comments welcome!

Porsche 911 GT3 RSR por oalfonso, en Flickr

Rebellion LMP1 por oalfonso, en Flickr

Timo Bernhard por oalfonso, en Flickr

AF Corse Ferrari por oalfonso, en Flickr

Porsche 919 por oalfonso, en Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oalfon...7644862962670/
Old 2 Jul 2014, 09:11 (Ref:3429380)   #49
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice shots Starfish - I'd be proud of those.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 09:31 (Ref:3429394)   #50
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Nice shots Starfish - I'd be proud of those.
Gavin just to let you know your old chair is going to the classic, fair bit smaller than my solid thing so will fit in the little car better, hope you don't mind