Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jun 2002, 12:06 (Ref:316027)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Where did you camp ?

Purely out of interest where did you camp at Le Mans last weekend ? How close to the track were you, did you get any trouble on site and what was the atmosphere on your campsite like ? Would you go back there next year or look for an alternative ?
Old 18 Jun 2002, 12:12 (Ref:316038)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Camp, eh, no I ended sleeping on my MRI coach in the Blue car park, never again its camping for me next year........
Old 18 Jun 2002, 12:39 (Ref:316064)   #3
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Houx Annexe was surperb.. very close to the Esses and some very mad people.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 12:45 (Ref:316069)   #4
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Houx Annexe, normal mix of people with a few W*****s thrown in.
Mental note for next year, don't camp too close to blue camper vans
Old 18 Jun 2002, 13:45 (Ref:316108)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arnage village, on the floor.
(special thanks again to our host - merci beaucoup, Marc!)
Old 18 Jun 2002, 14:04 (Ref:316120)   #6
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Maison Blanche for us around 50 yards from to exit from The Porsche Curves, Great time as usual and what great weather, thanks to the man upstairs.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 14:54 (Ref:316157)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry to say I camped... in my room (as the Pauls said to me...).

At red, top of the new La Chapelle curve, it seems they could see the cars from their yard... any confirmation ?
Old 18 Jun 2002, 17:05 (Ref:316245)   #8
yorks-stella
Rookie

yorks-stella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
stayed at Bleu campsite,the atmoshere was mental, great peeps and drag racing all day friday was fantastic! only downside was a thief about luckiy only got a pair of shorts n nickas of ours but tons of otha stuff got pinched from tents.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 18:33 (Ref:316326)   #9
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Craig and I managed to find places in an unofficial campsite near to Arnage village. A little off the beaten track, it's not got the reputation for thievery that some of the established official campsites do. The downside is that it is impossible to book in advance, so if you get there and it's full, you're faced with a weekend kipping in the car.

Good atmosphere, but a bit unnerving to find we were camped next to a half dozen heavy-set Danes when they were knocked out of the World Cup...
Old 18 Jun 2002, 19:17 (Ref:316375)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It was fun though... especially when they came trudging back to their caravan just after we scored the third goal! More unnerving was to hear our French neighbours cheering for us when we scored the first!
Old 18 Jun 2002, 19:25 (Ref:316384)   #11
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the Danes lost the game! - Too bad a Dane won the race - which in reality is all that matters
Old 18 Jun 2002, 19:32 (Ref:316390)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Not at 2.30 on Saturday it didn't...! Anyway, I still maintain it was an Italian and a German who won
Old 18 Jun 2002, 20:46 (Ref:316479)   #13
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In a rented VW Passat somewhere in the infield. Very cheap this time, no tickets needed. Greatings to the Lotus Elise club and the French guys who were at the same parking field and thanks to the local matshalls to let us sleep. It was a short night, though.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 01:42 (Ref:316622)   #14
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the Airtrack field in the Tecnopark. Lots of fireworks, sadly no nutters!
Old 19 Jun 2002, 08:36 (Ref:316745)   #15
gusdaq
Rookie

gusdaq should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Parking at du Houx

We were booked at Du Houx but the allocated space could not accomodate our motorhome! So paid another 50 Euros to park on the old racetrack. Fantastic weekend, loads of fireworks, BBQs etc, we were the loonies playing guitars in a very drunk state. What about the guy in the Silk Cut Jaguar....three laps of the old track then cruising around knocking the bins over with passenger door!!!???
Definately be there next year, hopefully at Du Houx again, may tent it next year, so we can pose around in some fine Italian metal instead of mountain bikes!!!
Nils and all the Dutch guys we met at the big screen in the village Sunday lunchtime....why didnt you come to our BBQ in the evening??? I had the guitar ready for you!!!!
Old 19 Jun 2002, 14:09 (Ref:316960)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Expo for us, hard ground (hammer and screwdriver to make holes for tent pegs), but good shelters which shield the sun from the cars and tents in the morning (and rain last year). Great burn outs outside the Heineken bar on Friday ,felt really sorry for the guy who dinged his MK2 Jag as civilised as a drinking camping weekend can get really, apart from the Danes and some English guys with bangers and bombs in the middle of the night!
Old 19 Jun 2002, 15:30 (Ref:316982)   #17
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Camp, eh, no I ended sleeping on my MRI coach in the Blue car park, never again its camping for me next year........
Me as well, except a Page and Moy coach. My first 2 years were in Maison Blanche, fantastic site.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 15:32 (Ref:316984)   #18
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camped with Airtrack at the technopark, very good campsite but a little out of the way. Top tip don't go for a walk in the dark, across fields heading in the direction the car noise is coming from, when you are a lot pie-eyed, you won't make it and get totaly lost. I don't know where i ended up but i was scratched to hell and wet.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 16:15 (Ref:317001)   #19
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Karting Nord, got there on the Sunday before and got about half the prime real estate. About 40 yards from the track but you had to stand on something to actually see unless you are down at the Karting Track (where on Sunday a guy was charging 5 euros to go up and stand by the wall!) Excellent site, mainly Germans and Brits with a few whingeing Belgians thrown in, right behind the Marshalls Enclosure. Since we brought everything including a refrigerator and a satellite dish along, calling it "camping" referred only to the fact that we slept in tents. An excellent site and I'd recommend it. The Germans were quite friendly for Germans and they all told us how much they hated Michael Schumacher too.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 16:31 (Ref:317009)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As many have taken great delight in pointing out over the years, the Tourists are softies, returning on Saturday night for a good dinner and great entertainment (thanks to a French hen party in the same restaurant!) on Saturday night!

But for me, of course, it was back to the circuit at about midnight for the rest of the night, with no thought at all about sleep. But then you all know what I think about sleeping during the night.......
Old 20 Jun 2002, 00:26 (Ref:317265)   #21
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Karting Nord for us, and has been for the last few years.

Fab site, don't know about the whinging Belgians as Liz said ( hey, why didn't you come over and say hello, you must have seen the fireworks !!!). They all seemed to be in great spirits at our party on Friday night, along with the Dutch conspiritors. They even had a sense of humour on Saturday. Top Lads.
Even managed to sell the Belgians several of our very nationalistic t-shirts after they had taken the 'Chilli Challenge'.
I'm still wondering what happened to the very stupid young lady who declared she could eat anything and that we were all pooftas, proclaiming the hot sauces were rubbish.
Strangely she left the party after 5 minutes having consumed the contents of a whole plate, she didn't look very well. Perhaps she spontaniously combusted. I just hope she didn't go bean flicking, that's all I can say. Makes my eyes smart just thinking about it !!!

Thanks to all who contributed to Vicky's battered Ducati, she raised 150 euros from you lot !!! Don't think it'll fix it , but it was very kind all the same.
Maybe Hinch could have done with it after the spontaneous fire he had from his Bimota following revving the nuts off it, that will be be far more expensive to fix than the Duke What a tit !!!

All I can say is , same time, same place.

Rusty
Old 20 Jun 2002, 03:52 (Ref:317313)   #22
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Behind the post at Second chicane, together with the rest of the crew, a mix of French, Brit, Dutch, and this year 1 American. Good time and good company. Yes the French were cheering for us when the footie was on!

Highlight of camping on post - come off shift at 2 in the morning and use the (primative) facicities. Do you hold the door shut to spare the embarassment, or hold on as the portapotty vibrates and shakes as the Paynoz puts the power down.

Meantime am gypsying again, and now in Twin Cities, next weekend at Road America for SCCA sprints.
Old 20 Jun 2002, 07:41 (Ref:317356)   #23
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by theracegypsy
Highlight of camping on post - come off shift at 2 in the morning and use the (primative) facicities. Do you hold the door shut to spare the embarassment, or hold on as the portapotty vibrates and shakes as the Paynoz puts the power down.
Sounds like a guaranteed cure for constipation, just use a loo within a few metres of a Panoz!
Old 20 Jun 2002, 08:03 (Ref:317365)   #24
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a Panoz is not available a Corvette will do as well I guess. I completely forgot how great they sound.
Old 20 Jun 2002, 20:59 (Ref:317858)   #25
mcane
Rookie

mcane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wot..hot showers at Le Mans

Stopped at Bleu camp, had an amazing time, what an atmosphere...Thanx goes out to all the nutty people...The guy who was stopping the cars on Friday aft was top drawer...The lads and lasses, in charge of the big bangs outgunned not only the other campsites, but the whole city.Also to the guy with the shower...HOT one at that !!Definatetly gonna be part of my kit for next year..I got his addy if anyone else was desperate to get clean, as I was.