Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Sep 2001, 23:14 (Ref:143450)   #1
vauxhall
Veteran

vauxhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TocaTour Forum, come and join the protest!

If you dont like the 2002 Calender, come and protest at Tocatours forum!

WE NEED THE NIGHT RACES BACK, do it for your country
Old 8 Sep 2001, 17:30 (Ref:143731)   #2
runnyhunny
Racer

runnyhunny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Err, yeah, right. A sensible, mature, and well-adjusted person/argument. This is straight from the 'ban the van' stable. Madness!

Old 13 Sep 2001, 10:58 (Ref:145563)   #3
markedmundb
Rookie

markedmundb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's wrong with the race callendar?

OK, so there's only 10 meetings.

With less meetings it means more privateers/BTCP teams will be able to take place, as it wont cost so much to get to the races and there'll be less wear & tear on the cars, so they'll last longer.

Last edited by markedmundb; 13 Sep 2001 at 11:01.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 06:55 (Ref:145921)   #4
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tell you what, Vauxhall, you raise the extra cash needed to run a night race and I am sure they will stick it back on the calendar.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 08:04 (Ref:145938)   #5
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone who seriously thinks that cutting the meetings from 10 to 13 is a bad thing must be mad!!!!

This is a sensible move by TOCA to help the series to grow and make it more viable. Shaving 6 races from the calendar will save independent teams a fortune and make it much more viable.

They will make savings all round, on day to day running costs, staff costs and expensive items like engine rebuilds.

You have to remember that race teams are a business and as such have to provide things like paid holidays, sick leave,etc to their staff.

Trying to fit holidays within a run of 13 weekends, seperated largely by only 2 weeks is a nightmare. As for the night races, another nightmare for the teams, added costs on the cars and the lack of time to fix major problems between qualifying and the races always made the night races a trying time for teams, I doubt many will be sorry to see the back of them.

Well done TOCA, one of the most positive things I have see them do yet!
Old 14 Sep 2001, 12:13 (Ref:146010)   #6
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Eddie_harasym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think youre right ST, I also think the feeling must have come directly from the teams and possible new manufacturers thinking of entering the series/
Old 14 Sep 2001, 18:46 (Ref:146177)   #7
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, bear in mind the post rate on the Toca forums. You'll be lucky if anyone ever reads it.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 00:33 (Ref:146363)   #8
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Out of all this, my own selfish reason, I have three weekends that will be free next year - that's a good thing as busy life outside motorsport as well (work and social).

I am really going to miss the night race. I really enjoy it and just getting the hang of photography at night as well! But totally back TOCA as no rash decisions have gone into this. Having spoken to Mr West earlier this year, a lot of thought and consideration has gone into the British Touring Cars and salvation is his main objective. I will back him on it (until he does something totally stupid and I'll change my mind!!!! )

Where was I? Oh yeah....

Consideration is given to the teams and their input is just as important as the fans. This isn't just about what we want, it's about the drivers as well. One makes the other! Let's see how 2002 goes. Lets see it all come together in 2003. It's still early days as far as I can see. A major change happened to the British Touring Car Championship this year - Rome was not built in a day.

Last edited by Lorna; 15 Sep 2001 at 00:35.