Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Aug 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2749038)   #676
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Could Silverstone move back to it's traditional May spot or is Spa the pre Le Mans test event?

In October it's likely there'll be very poor weather in the UK.
Whereas at other times of the year, good weather will happen
Spa & Silverstone are both the same - apart from snow, you could have the race in August and get bad weather.

Silverstone has FIA GT in the spring & the 24hr in the Autumn, so it depends which one you want to dilute (or tie in with on a consecutive weekend 'double header' type deal)
Old 23 Aug 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2749053)   #677
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ideally ILMC on Saturday running into the evening and FIA GT1 on Sunday.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 13:19 (Ref:2749458)   #678
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quoting myself from the Audi 2010 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Audi driver line-ups for the ILMC revealed:

http://www.lemans.org/fr/actualites/...ages_1602.html

Silverstone:

#7 - Tom Kristensen/Allan McNish
#8 - Dindo Capello/Timo Bernhard

PLM:

#7 - Dindo Capello/Tom Kristensen/Allan McNish
#9 - Marcel Fassler/Andre Lotterer/Benoit Treluyer

Zhuhai:

#7 - Tom Kristensen/Allan McNish
#8 - Dindo Capello/Romain Dumas

Main absentee from the Le Mans line-up (Rocky) is because of DTM commitments.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 15:52 (Ref:2749520)   #679
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quoting myself from the Audi 2010 thread:
Bummed Rocky won't be at Petit!
Old 24 Aug 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2749753)   #680
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The entry list for Silverstone has been unveiled, very impressive LMP1 field, little change elsewhere: http://www.lemans-series.com/fr/s52_....php?circuit=6
Old 25 Aug 2010, 05:13 (Ref:2749778)   #681
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So the restrictor adjustment to the petrol P-1s will be carried over from the LMS into the ILMC rounds?

L.P.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 05:48 (Ref:2749783)   #682
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
ILMC runs to ACO rules like the LMS does, doesn't it? If so, expect no rules changes and for the current ACO regs to carry over. After all, Silverstone is the LMS season finale.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 06:00 (Ref:2749786)   #683
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
ILMC runs to ACO rules like the LMS does, doesn't it? If so, expect no rules changes and for the current ACO regs to carry over. After all, Silverstone is the LMS season finale.
I expect nothing when the ACO is involved, and this will be the First round of the ACO's touted UBER-Werks series. So....

L.P.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 06:05 (Ref:2749788)   #684
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The ILMC is sanctioned by the ACO, and pretty much (with exceptions--namely the ALMS) what they say for regs goes. Silverstone is also the LMS season finale, so at least that round and for the most part PLM will be to ACO rules as of the Hungaroring round, and so presumably will China, since there's really no AsLMS series. Even IMSA will run to full ACO regs for Sebring and PLM since they're now part of the ILMC.

So the ILMC will be run to 2010 LMS rules as of the Hungaroring round presumably.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2750019)   #685
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I can't understand why Peugeot only fields one car, they´re putting all their money on one horse.

Should the car retire or run into serious problems they can already kiss their cup chances goodbye, one of the Audi's will score a decent finish for sure.

They had months to prepare for this race so there's no way they could not have a second car prepared in time...I don't understand, it's one of those goofy strategy mistakes they used to make in 2007 and 2008... you can literally see the fail coming here..
Old 25 Aug 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2750032)   #686
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I can't understand why Peugeot only fields one car, they´re putting all their money on one horse.

Should the car retire or run into serious problems they can already kiss their cup chances goodbye, one of the Audi's will score a decent finish for sure.

They had months to prepare for this race so there's no way they could not have a second car prepared in time...I don't understand, it's one of those goofy strategy mistakes they used to make in 2007 and 2008... you can literally see the fail coming here..
Licking their wounds and preparing for next year!?

L.P.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2750062)   #687
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:

It's a manufacturers' championship, not a teams' championship, at least that's what I've been hearing said here some time ago. So with the Oreca Pug there, and only two Audis entered for each round, they were able to afford to enter a single car for Silverstone. Zhuhai and Petit will see two works Pugs.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2750119)   #688
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's a manufacturers' championship, not a teams' championship, at least that's what I've been hearing said here some time ago.
Actually there are 6 cups: 2 for manufacturers and 4 for teams.
Quote:
Intercontinental Le Mans Cup trophy for manufacturer – LM P1
Intercontinental Le Mans Cup trophy for manufacturer – LM GT2
Intercontinental Le Mans Cup trophy for competitor – LM P1
Intercontinental Le Mans Cup trophy for competitor – LM P2
Intercontinental Le Mans Cup trophy for competitor – LM GT1
Intercontinental Le Mans Cup trophy for competitor – LM GT2
source: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...mc_2010_gb.pdf

In that sense the decision of Peugeot is indeed rather strange.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2750167)   #689
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Licking their wounds and preparing for next year!?
I don't see how running the cup is preparation for 2011, the new car will be drastically different so I doubt the gained data will be worth anything.

So the only reason to compete is to win the cup which is possibly spoiled by their decision to just enter one car.

I hope I´m wrong but this is shaping up to be another mistake. And they could really need the momentum of a championship going into 2011 after the debacle this year... not to mention that the racing history of the 908 should be ended with a trophy and not another disappointment-
Old 25 Aug 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2750174)   #690
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
You seem to be forgetting the Oreca Peugeot at Silverstone, which Sarazin will be onboard to win the LMS driver's title. And at PLM and China, two factory cars will be entered.

Maybe Peugeot is still in financial troubles or have just broken so much stuff this year (tub failure at LM, engines being destroyed at Le Mans, and the Oreca 908 losing a gearbox at Hungaroring) that they're short of spares and have ceased any development of the 908s. I even sort of believe that the Pugs haven't turned a wheel since LM, while Audi has likely been doing some testing for the ILMC.

It's either hubris/overconfidence or money/supply problems on the part of Peugeot, and it could be either one, because Peugeot nearly went broke (hemmoraging money) last year and they seemed pretty confident (especially Montangy) at LM until Audi started running laps that were consistantly within a second or two of the 908s in practice and the race. That forced Peugeot to hammer their cars to build an edge and it was a bridge too far, as one car broke a mount in the tub (when not even being pushed that hard), and 3 of their cars hemmoraged oil out of their engine blocks.

Either way, it seems that the revised R15 being competiive at Paul Ricard and Spa, as well as Audi developing/tuning high downforce bodywork for the ILMC and the LM disaster has shaken Peugeot, and all focus has turned to the 2011 car.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2750177)   #691
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
I don't see how running the cup is preparation for 2011, the new car will be drastically different so I doubt the gained data will be worth anything.

So the only reason to compete is to win the cup which is possibly spoiled by their decision to just enter one car.

I hope I´m wrong but this is shaping up to be another mistake. And they could really need the momentum of a championship going into 2011 after the debacle this year... not to mention that the racing history of the 908 should be ended with a trophy and not another disappointment-
Sorry, I was not clear enough evidently, as I am not talking about cup as preparing for next year!! The 908 program is terminé, the continued participation is the licking of the wounds as to not be shown to be completely giving up after their total implosion this year and keeping commitments to the ILMC.

The preparing for next year, is work being done to the new 90X.

L.P.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 20:25 (Ref:2750189)   #692
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Well, running a race is always good preparation, no matter the car. Keeping your team ready through racing, experiencing race incidents are all preparations that are important for a team building a new car.
Just think of how good Audi is doing with almost all there new racing cars (all the DTM's and the R8 and R10)
Old 2 Sep 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2753615)   #693
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The surprise comes from the GT1 with no less than four cars, which is almost an achievement for this class. The Saleen Larbre eFX and Atlas will meet face to Lamborghini / Aston Martin and JLOC / Nova. Again, it is unclear when and how? We imagine that JLOC and Nova will merely ... a presence in China
Endurance-info

So the GT1 funeral won't be anything spectacular, but just like in Okayama last year, we might indeed see Nova's Aston and JLOC at the Asian round (+ the Saleens?)
Old 2 Sep 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2753633)   #694
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gt1 aside, I'm glad that the Asian teams are showing up.

A class of 4 can still put on a race - if they can last
Old 2 Sep 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2753749)   #695
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
2011 American Le Mans Series schedule:
September 17, Laguna Seca
October 15, Road Atlanta

This means that the 1000km of Silverstone must be moved to October 1-2 if two-week gaps are intended.
Updated 2011 ALMS calendar:
August 21, Road America
September 3, Baltimore
October 1, Road Atlanta

Now where will Silverstone fit? Will it perhaps switch date with Spa to early May?
Old 2 Sep 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2753750)   #696
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Updated 2011 ALMS calendar:
August 21, Road America
September 3, Baltimore
October 1, Road Atlanta

Now where will Silverstone fit? Will it perhaps switch date with Spa to early May?
Spa is an ILMC round as well... They either have to have it in between Baltimore and Laguna or on the Laguna date...
Old 2 Sep 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2753761)   #697
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Spa is an ILMC round as well... They either have to have it in between Baltimore and Laguna or on the Laguna date...
One week between fly away races would be tight for teams I would think - especially if any repairs are needed. Those pesky national series are getting in the way of the ILMC!
Old 2 Sep 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2753769)   #698
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is quite funny actually. The entire spring consists of grand total of two ALMS races and (most likely) two LMS rounds, yet late summer and fall are overcrowded with potential date clashes (with other major events as well).

Last edited by Deleted; 2 Sep 2010 at 18:58.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 07:30 (Ref:2753949)   #699
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
An overview of the ILMC cup participants according to http://www.lemans.org/en/news/Six-co...ILMC_1688.html
  • LMP1 constructor: Audi, Peugeot
  • GT2 constructor: Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Jaguar
  • LMP1 team: Drayson Racing (Lola Coupe Judd), Aston Martin Racing
  • LMP2 team: French Oak Racing (Pescarolo Judd), Mik Racing Lola (Lola Coupe Judd)
  • GT1 team: Labre Competition (Saleen), JLOC (Lamborghini), FX Atlas (Saleen), Nova (Aston Martin)
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2754119)   #700
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is the ILMC going to have it's own media package, TV, website etc. seeing as the ACO are announcing partnerships for the ILMC specifically, i.e. Rolex?

Will the ILMC get US TV coverage (maybe too soon to organise this for 2011) seeing as US events are integral to the series?