Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2754129)   #701
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Is the ILMC going to have it's own media package, TV, website etc. seeing as the ACO are announcing partnerships for the ILMC specifically, i.e. Rolex?

Will the ILMC get US TV coverage (maybe too soon to organise this for 2011) seeing as US events are integral to the series?
I doubt that the ILMC will get its own website. The ACO (Le Mans.Org) site is now actively following/reporting on the ALMS, LMS and ILMC among its other events/series.

L.P.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2754183)   #702
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I doubt that the ILMC will get its own website. The ACO (Le Mans.Org) site is now actively following/reporting on the ALMS, LMS and ILMC among its other events/series.
L.P.
It already has one...
...well, it is far far away of being something that resembles with a poper website, but it is there.. something...
Old 9 Sep 2010, 05:54 (Ref:2756556)   #703
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With the Petit entry list out, this seems rather a dud! 6 cars that are not 'ALMS' cars this year, of which 4 might have showed without the ILMC. Not very impressed!!

L.P.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 06:04 (Ref:2756557)   #704
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
With the Petit entry list out, this seems rather a dud! 6 cars that are not 'ALMS' cars this year, of which 4 might have showed without the ILMC. Not very impressed!!

L.P.
So with the highest entry for PLM since 2003 does that reflect better on the health of ALMS if the 6 ILMC cars have not made the difference??
Old 9 Sep 2010, 06:17 (Ref:2756562)   #705
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Yes! What do you think? 2 Audis, 2 Peugeots and an Oreca last year. 2 Audis, 2 Peugeots and an Oak Pescarolo along with a Saleen (that I doubt will make it) this year, 30 entries last year and 45 this. A better GT class along with both LMPC and GTC bring the strength of grid this year!

Do not get me wrong, I do very much appreciate the entries from the Continent! It is the ILMC that I find lacking in that it does not seem to be bringing anything to the table!!

L.P.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 07:29 (Ref:2756583)   #706
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You're right. In terms of 'international' entries and media attention, there's really not that much difference to the past - even the ILMC website is a joke. They're expecting 25-30 cars for the Asian round too (including those six GT3 fillers), which is not much better than last year. Even the 2007 Interlagos LMS round got 23 entries!
Old 9 Sep 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2756816)   #707
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An optimist would say that as the ILMC was a last minute job, it was too late for most private teams to get a budget sorted & 2011 will be a different matter.

Aston (works or signature), Ginetta, Lola, ORECA - a small quantity but high quality, none of which would have been earth shattering supprises
Old 9 Sep 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2756828)   #708
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes! What do you think? 2 Audis, 2 Peugeots and an Oreca last year. 2 Audis, 2 Peugeots and an Oak Pescarolo along with a Saleen (that I doubt will make it) this year, 30 entries last year and 45 this. A better GT class along with both LMPC and GTC bring the strength of grid this year!

Do not get me wrong, I do very much appreciate the entries from the Continent! It is the ILMC that I find lacking in that it does not seem to be bringing anything to the table!!

L.P.
Its early days - lets give it a chance shall we. It may not have made a difference to Petit - but it certainly has for Silverstone and Asia
Old 9 Sep 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2756831)   #709
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
You're right. In terms of 'international' entries and media attention, there's really not that much difference to the past - even the ILMC website is a joke. They're expecting 25-30 cars for the Asian round too (including those six GT3 fillers), which is not much better than last year. Even the 2007 Interlagos LMS round got 23 entries!
But the quality of the entry is far superior
Old 9 Sep 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2756845)   #710
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ILMC is making official what manufactuers have been doing regardless.

A team can now plan their program well in advance and push the marketing and PR side.

Judging by what the ACO and Ulrich have been saying recently they appear convinced this new format will bring manufactuers into the sport.

Nothings for certain but it appears the ILMC will eventually be given World Championship status, the ALMS will stand on it's own two feet like IMSA GTP and the LMS will fullfill a role similar to Interseries/Supercup.

Last edited by JAG; 9 Sep 2010 at 17:09.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2756988)   #711
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It seems that Audi may be looking to the ALMS for a back up plan if the ILMC falls short (or apart), though Audi seems to be looking at doing ALMS and ILMC at the same time now: http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/
Old 9 Sep 2010, 22:50 (Ref:2757033)   #712
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Provided that Peugeot does a full LMS season next year, what good will it Audi do to run a full ALMS season. Who will they be racing against? There is barely any competition or did I miss something..

The best tv package is worthless when you have no one to race against.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2757039)   #713
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Read the article: http://twitpic.com/2mout4

Peugeot has no where to go if they give up on the ILMC or the ILMC disappears. Both Audi and Peugeot would be preaching to the crowd in Europe as far as marketing, Eurosport's coverage is horrible compared to Speed (to those who rip on Speed, be glad for what you got, because Eurosport is exponentially more horrible), and Audi has only one compmany to do marketing with in North America (Audi of America), while in Europe, Audi has to work with their various European arms.

On the other hand, if Peugeot goes back to the LMS, they have no one to race, either. They also have to deal with Eurosport's crappy coverage, and will preach to the crowd, as they have no North American arm as far as car sales. All Peugeot can do is maybe go back to the WRC if the ILMC goes away.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 00:09 (Ref:2757058)   #714
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I don't understand while the Audi works effort even has to deal with the national subsidiaries, why do they have a say in this? It seems like their company structure is poorly organised..

What makes me mad is that the crappy tv coverage is accepted as something that can't be changed. The coverage is crap so the manufacturers can't run the series..how about someone does something about the crappy coverage instead?

Geez, even the GT1 world championship has live streaming of all events, I have no idea why that seems to be impossible for the LMS.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 00:14 (Ref:2757059)   #715
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Read the article: http://twitpic.com/2mout4
(...)and Audi has only one compmany to do marketing with in North America (Audi of America), while in Europe, Audi has to work with their various European arms.
What a lovely bunch of crap from Audi...
Old 10 Sep 2010, 00:49 (Ref:2757066)   #716
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BMW America and Honda Performance Division in California funded their ALMS programs so why couldn't Audi do the same? I believe that's how they did it in the past too.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 01:08 (Ref:2757071)   #717
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon joest will do it . Joest would have no issues running ALMS & LMIC together . He ran Group C in the 80's & 90's with no bother , along with IMSA and Le mans .

Audi want to win obviously ..... Joest do it like no other , and I mean like no other . In my opinion , the best team ever to grace this planet . Nobody comes near with respect to sportscars , ever .
Old 10 Sep 2010, 01:14 (Ref:2757075)   #718
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
What a lovely bunch of crap from Audi...
Audi have been pushing for a World Sportscar Championship for the past decade.

Like in the Group C years any such series would be based in Europe.

As the LMS has only ever been five or six rounds there's no need for Audi to commit to that series, they may as well push the ACO to extend the European leg of the ILMC by another round or two. At that point 50%+ of the LMS rounds would count towards the ILMC anyhow.

As for TV and media coverage that will come as the prestige of the series increases, for example Eurosport are giving the Silverstone round five hours of coverage as opposed to less than an hour or for the Portimao and Hungaroring rounds.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 01:35 (Ref:2757077)   #719
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Provided that Peugeot does a full LMS season next year, what good will it Audi do to run a full ALMS season. Who will they be racing against? There is barely any competition or did I miss something..

The best tv package is worthless when you have no one to race against.
Provided that Audi does a full ALMS season next year, what good will it do for Peugeot to run a full LMS season? Who will they be racing against? There is barely any competition or did I miss something?
Old 10 Sep 2010, 03:35 (Ref:2757094)   #720
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Autosport reported a while ago that the LMS would ban works teams from non ILMC rounds next year, I'm not sure if it was fact or rumour... Peugeot may have to race in the ALMS too to get track time.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 04:54 (Ref:2757107)   #721
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Its early days - lets give it a chance shall we. It may not have made a difference to Petit - but it certainly has for Silverstone and Asia
Umm, the increase in grid numbers at Silverstone comes about by the FLM being included this year. The werks diesels are there this year, but P-1 has only 1 more car than last year.

L.P.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 05:14 (Ref:2757112)   #722
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Umm, the increase in grid numbers at Silverstone comes about by the FLM being included this year. The werks diesels are there this year, but P-1 has only 1 more car than last year.

L.P.
Whatever - I think it should be given a chance and I for one am happy to see the works cars go head to head more times than they have in the past.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 16:22 (Ref:2757326)   #723
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:

L.P.
Six factory P1's as opposed to the solitary ORECA plus the addition of the recent ALMS LMP winner in Drayson are massive additions.

One off entries from the above were possible but the ILMC now guarantees the best sportscars in the world will compete each year.

On a seperate note I see Aston Martin are announcing their plans tommorow.

Is 2011 too soon for the factory team, JOTA and TBA (ALMS?) to all run?

Last edited by JAG; 10 Sep 2010 at 16:51.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2757370)   #724
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dave Richards said, in an interview during the 24 Hours, that Aston Martin would return to P1 as long as there was equality between the petrols and the diesels. Otherwise, they would focus on the 2011 GT class. I'm not sure what I want really... the P1 Aston was a glorious sounding machine but they'll never bet Peugeot or Audi, whereas they could renew their battles with Corvette in the GT class.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2757378)   #725
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Six factory P1's as opposed to the solitary ORECA plus the addition of the recent ALMS LMP winner in Drayson are massive additions.
The main difference from last years grid being the addition of the werks programs of Audi and Peugeot! Drayson showing is a given(per se), just a class upgrade this year. No Kolles this year and some shuffling of privateer and boutique mfgs. 2008 was a stellar year for P-1.

One off entries from the above were possible but the ILMC now guarantees the best sportscars in the world will compete each year.

On a seperate note I see Aston Martin are announcing their plans tommorow.

Is 2011 too soon for the factory team, JOTA and TBA (ALMS?) to all run?
Curious to see if AMR will step up or focus on GT!

L.P.